Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #56: Mirror Invasion Event

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    birchflowerbirchflower Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I keep reading, "great mission" but I'm wondering if I view the word "mission" differently than everyone else.

Queued up, went in, killed a bunch of ships/closed rifts/left map at end. Yep, pretty well sums it up. The story has pretty well been stripped away. To someone who'd never done Mirror Universe, it's meaningless in its current version.

There is very little chance I'll be able to complete this for the reward - I have too much to do in real life and family to log in every single day. To those of you who say, "but there's a 7 day buffer!", yes IF you'd discovered the mission was on-going from the first day. I received my STO update email several days after it began - and, because I don't have the leisure to log in every day, I had no other way of knowing. And if you're someone who has a full schedule outside of the game, seven day buffers are laughable.

The rewards would have been nice, especially if they'd been attainable on lower level characters. As it is, I guess we'll see how much I can get done.

This is NOT a mission any longer - it's a go in, knock a few ships around and bounce out for a 20 hour cool-down. It's called grind. Pure and simple.

Where did Star Trek Online go, and who replaced it with Grindcrap Online?
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I keep reading, "great mission" but I'm wondering if I view the word "mission" differently than everyone else.

Queued up, went in, killed a bunch of ships/closed rifts/left map at end. Yep, pretty well sums it up. The story has pretty well been stripped away. To someone who'd never done Mirror Universe, it's meaningless in its current version.

There is very little chance I'll be able to complete this for the reward - I have too much to do in real life and family to log in every single day. To those of you who say, "but there's a 7 day buffer!", yes IF you'd discovered the mission was on-going from the first day. I received my STO update email several days after it began - and, because I don't have the leisure to log in every day, I had no other way of knowing. And if you're someone who has a full schedule outside of the game, seven day buffers are laughable.

The rewards would have been nice, especially if they'd been attainable on lower level characters. As it is, I guess we'll see how much I can get done.

This is NOT a mission any longer - it's a go in, knock a few ships around and bounce out for a 20 hour cool-down. It's called grind. Pure and simple.

Where did Star Trek Online go, and who replaced it with Grindcrap Online?

Well by the purest meaning of mission, being accomplish a defined objective, it is. But that's all it is.

I never played the old Mirror Invasion, so your statements on the missing story are a surprise to me.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The original mission invasion did not have a story that was fly around knock out a few ships disable some space docks with a virus then take out the Galaxy dreadnaugt and a few other ships so if this one is meaningless then that one was more so.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    The original mission invasion did not have a story that was fly around knock out a few ships disable some space docks with a virus then take out the Galaxy dreadnaugt and a few other ships so if this one is meaningless then that one was more so.

Yeah, seriously, at least this one has an actual reasoning behind it, the original did not even have someone explain what was going on.
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Forgive me if I've missed this somewhere, but.....

Have they added any sort of extension to the when the event ends, due to the extensive server outages? I've missed two days because of them, and it's going to be tight to finish the event otherwise.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ngonorrhea wrote: »
    Forgive me if I've missed this somewhere, but.....

Have they added any sort of extension to the when the event ends, due to the extensive server outages? I've missed two days because of them, and it's going to be tight to finish the event otherwise.

Yes they have.
    Hey everyone! So due to the instabilities we've been experiencing, I now know that we're going to be extending the Mirror Event till Monday 4/7 at 10AM PDT. I'm really happy to announce this to everyone, and I'll be putting up an official news post about the extension this coming Friday. :)
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes they have.

Thanks bunches.

I appreciate it.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks bunches. I appreciate it.
    Ditto for me, especially since my aging comp has blown a vid card & 2 power supplies in the last 2 weeks! I've got a new build right around the corner... :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    sethagornsethagorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes they have.

Could you please direct me to the location where this information has been officially posted? I've been searching for this information for 2 days to no avail.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    sethagorn wrote: »
    Could you please direct me to the location where this information has been officially posted? I've been searching for this information for 2 days to no avail.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15926201&postcount=167
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    poiseleuspoiseleus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Upon completing the mirror invasion event and trying to collect rewards, I get a message saying that my inventory is full, yet it is not close to being full. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this resolved?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    poiseleus wrote: »
    Upon completing the mirror invasion event and trying to collect rewards, I get a message saying that my inventory is full, yet it is not close to being full. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this resolved?
    your doff roster is full
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    poiseleuspoiseleus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thank you very much. that was my problem.
  • Options
    d3fk0nd3fk0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I liked the mirror event but on one of my characters I ran into a problem. The problem is that I started one of my characters too late to get all 14 transporters thinking that I would do that secondary project that gives the lesser rewards, I tried to do the lesser project multiple times during the event but I was unable to slot it. Since it appeared that you could only unlock the ability to do this project after doing the big 14 transporter project. I thought maybe the lesser project would appear after the event ended but it has not. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to use the transporters I have or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Section 31
    [Joseph Steel] [Jennifer Steel] [Dredd Steel] [Kenzi Steel] [Shira Steel] [Eris Steel] [Artemis Steel] [Stardragon] [Delta] [Alexandria Rose] [Number Six] [K'emb'ah Steel] [Karnak Steel] [Kacy Steel] [Venom Steel] [Areli Steel]