test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #56: Mirror Invasion Event

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Check out our latest details about the upcoming Mirror Invasion Event in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Two words: THANK YOU.

That is all that really needs to be said. *snipped because borderline*

Hamminess aside, thanks a bunch. You guys rock.

Edit to add: Does this mean that Crystalline Cataclysm is gone for good now? Because I still have a couple of CC projects slotted that I don't want to end prematurely.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going away again after the three weeks?

So, NOT going on the queues ala CEE?
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So looks like another mission similar in design to Storming the Spire where you cannot actually loose or finish the mission faster. Oh well.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is the mission going to be full co-op like the old Mirror Invasion, or competitive rewards like Minefield or CE?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is this mission staying in the game when the event is over?

Edit: I guess not. What the hell Cryptic?
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mirror Hakeev?!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mirror Hakeev?!

Is OP, plz nerf! :P
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I want Romulan beards :P.

This looks great, thanks.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can we please have a Romulan Republic faction version of this doff as well? Pretty please? I know it's possible since we got faction appropriate anniversary ships.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Really, another 'Rep Grind' event? Welcome to 'Grind Trek Online'. (This really is getting ridiculous and the game design is really starting to follow the 'Asian MMO Grinder' model that Cryptic repeatedly stated PWE wouldn't impose onto STO back when PWE acquired the company. Times change I guess.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Okay, in all seriousness though - with Mirror Hakeev, does that apply to pets as well?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let me see if I have this right.

-Revamped MU event
    -Mirror Hakeev
    -Dil and marks

O M G

Yessssssss

I like.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How many players will the map accommodate?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do not remove the mission... Make it like the crystal entity...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks fun! And I'm looking forward to getting that Mirror Hakeev doff, though I, too, think it would be appropriate to have a Republic version.

Now, will we be getting a new event rep slot for this? Some of my characters have their event slots all filled, and while I can just cancel some projects, I was really hoping to be able to fill them the next time each event came around.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can we get an elite version as with the crystal event when it was revampt?

And pls dont nerf this one to hell thats what elite is for
    edited March 2014
    Okay, surprising actions aside, a few questions:

1) I see Obisek's back in the saddle again. Yay. Is he going to be voiced?

2) I have to mirror (HA!) a question asked earlier: is this coming back for good or will the map disappear once the event's over?

3) Seeing as it's a Romulan-based mission, do we get Romulan marks here?
    edited March 2014
    Can we get an elite version as with the crystal event when it was revampt?

And pls dont nerf this one to hell thats what elite is for

It says after the Hakeev info that, yes, there is an elite version.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So Mirror Hakeev gets a beard but my "prime" universe male Romulan can't have one? RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE!
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please don't be like Elachi Alert with this and make it limited time. The Event project I can understand, but just pulling the event afterwards after putting in all the time and effort to make the content makes no sense to me.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll chime in with the...

please, keep this map around after the event is over, even though it may not pay tons and tons of marks, have the payout akin to the Crystaline Catastrophe "event" mission.

Only substitute Romulan marks for Nukara ones... :P
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hm....
    I really don't get cryptic practice of taking a liked mission and change it instead of adding new stuff.
    I mean it sounds great, true. But why not making something new and keeping the old? That would expand the content instead of just changing it.
    Same happened to the stfs. And some story episodes...

Still, the Event sounds like fun,

Side question: why can remans in the mirror universe grow beards but not in the main one?
    Can we please have a Romulan Republic faction version of this doff as well? Pretty please? I know it's possible since we got faction appropriate anniversary ships.

He is a reman which is prety "romulan-faction"y, he the kdf version of this reman will be available for kdf allied romulans, the fed version will be available for fed allied romulans, he will not be tradable in the first place.... Why would you want a romulan version?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014

A Romulan version is no different than the KDF or Fed.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    and now healing saturation has reached critical mass.
  • gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    AWESOME!! Mirror Hakeev is really good!
  • gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hm....
    I really don't get cryptic practice of taking a liked mission and change it instead of adding new stuff.
    I mean it sounds great, true. But why not making something new and keeping the old? That would expand the content instead of just changing it.
    Same happened to the stfs. And some story episodes...

Still, the Event sounds like fun,

Side question: why can remans in the mirror universe grow beards but not in the main one?

He is a reman which is prety "romulan-faction"y, he the kdf version of this reman will be available for kdf allied romulans, the fed version will be available for fed allied romulans, he will not be tradable in the first place.... Why would you want a romulan version?
    Hakeev is Romulan, not Reman.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wow , another limited GATED grind . i wish PWE/cryptc would stop these kind of you must sit in your seat for x amount a days to get a reward . it only benefits those that can play 7 days a week . i mean from the point of to get full benefit you HAVE TO PLAY every Day for the whole time . while you technially have the time to finish such a event if you dont play every day you will loose on the total amount you can earn , which to me is a loss .

i want to play and grind when i have time to schedule it .Not have to be told when i can play to earn these bonuses .
    constantly taking away daliy possible grinds to these EVENT TIME GATED Grind is a BIG DO NOT WANT . did you not learn anything from these other GATED events?
    you hurt those of us that have different schedules that dont really fit in to these SCHEDULES .

i dont mind the gating for REAL special HOLIDAY EVENTS , but this is neither this is just a trick to pad the REAL GAME TIME METRICS . "cheeks in seats" as i see it .
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's here for three weeks and then gone again?

I feel I must channel Alan Ford at this point when I say; Are you taking the TRIBBLE?

You know full well that ever since you took away hourly events - in particular Mirror Incursion - parts of the playerbase have ended up being starved of the much-needed Expertise that is required for fleet projects, reputation projects (of which there will undoubtedly be another in S9, not to mention another fleet holding) and Bridge officer training - all of which are somewhat integral to how the game is played - and this is what you come up with?

Not only is there no mention of whether MU still awards bonus Expertise for each kill (which I assume it doesn't, since it wasn't mentioned) but you're turning it into a three-week timegated grind event and then it's gone until you deem otherwise. The Bonus Expertise weekend was pretty poor, sadly, because 100% more of practically nothing is still practically nothing - which, in the grand scheme of things, is what most kills award you. Unless you're going to boost the Expertise gained from killing any type of ship or ground enemy across the board, then the Expertise weekends just aren't going to cover the amount you need for these Rep and Fleet projects.

And for the record, TRIBBLE Doffing. That kind of "play while you're not playing" attitude drove me away from EVE, and i'm starting to think that maybe my time here is coming to a close.

I sincerely hope that this isn't going to be a re-run of the Galaxy Reboot thread; a clear and concise request from the players that gets completely ignored by the Devs. Hell, back when I asked BranFlakes about the MU event on Twitter, he mentioned that they used MU for Expertise (Tweet).

So I implore you, Devs; Listen to what the players want in this instance. I'm disappointed, really. I thought we were going to be a team on this one.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Just when you thought heals and debuff clearing couldn't get any worse than they already are, devs prove us wrong.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a question the blog didn't answer...

Is this a 5, 10, or 20 man event?

Sounds like a lot of objectives for a 5 man squadron.

I'm also wondering if Tyken's Rift is contraindicated for this event... will it produce additional Terran forces like it tends to do when there are Tholians around?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek