What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server D/C? [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let me guess ,it's those lazy good for nothings up in Boston, am I right? :rolleyes::P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    lexintonlexinton Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    playin ST armada Fleet Operations. best armada mod ever.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Damn those Undine.....I KNEW it was them....... :D
    lol...

"Scorpion' was one of the best 'Voyager' episodes made.
  • Options
    rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    These posts are starting to sound like an AA meeting.

Hi, I'm Randy and i can't log on to STO for.......ten minutes

(cue polite applause)

Hi....my name is David and I can't log into STO for.....67 minz....I can haz my STO back PWEEZE?

BTW did someone check to see if the ventilation fan for the routers was clogged up with nicotine tar and dust bunnies? That always used to be the problem back in the day.... :D
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you keep using pennies in the fuse box all of sudden everything explodes like a console on a 80's and 90's science fiction TV show....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alright everyone. I'm back in my really cool Captain's chair.

So it is an issue that is with the East Coast server, but we have someone already very actively working on the issue. Not only that, but it doesn't look like it's a hardware issue. It looks like it just is a networking problem. My magic 8-ball says this bodes well.

I deduce that this caused by server hamsters chewing the network cables due to inadequate feeding.
    now who is in charge of feeding the server hamsters??
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hate Boston even more now.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    datura80 wrote: »
    honestly nobody appreciates your reach for humour with your magic 8 ball. Paying players expect their game to be up. You have shared nothing in terms of WHEN and HOW the game will be up and running. Basically you've said nothing. Please don't update the community with garbage, instead collect facts and bestow them prudently. My magic 8 ball says you need to go to sleep. aka, you're of no use.

Come now.

I'm not a defender of cryptic on a knee jerk basis, but Trendy is doing an excellent job in a tricky situation.

She has no data for us beyond what she has shared.

However, i imagine like last time, she'll post semi regularly here with what she knows and probably throw in some bacon jokes.

Will her efforts get it fixed faster? No.

But at least someone from Cryptic is here, in real time.

This is an improvement. And Trendy is doing a fine job.

So sayeth MY magic 8 ball.
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    and... tribbles down
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for a player that spends a LOT of spare cash on this game, I would hope that these sort of issues would calm down. Instead, they've progressively been degrading over the past month. I've played STO for years and never had as many issues as I have in the past two weeks. Latency, rubber banding and server down. If you want us all to keep pumping zen into the game, it needs to be up for us to spend it. If you have seen an increase in user base, that is great but you need to be prepared for the load. I, as a gold member, expect more from the community that manages this game.:mad:

I wish you could think the same about all the bugs / fails of the game. And other people as well.
  • Options
    cincsaccincsac Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    honestly nobody appreciates your reach for humour with your magic 8 ball. Paying players expect their game to be up. You have shared nothing in terms of WHEN and HOW the game will be up and running. Basically you've said nothing. Please don't update the community with garbage, instead collect facts and bestow them prudently. My magic 8 ball says you need to go to sleep. aka, you're of no use.

That is rather rude and uncalled for. :( She's doing her job.
  • Options
    themrmushroomthemrmushroom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

well if they havent found the exact problem, they cant give an estimated repair time or when the game will be back up. They have simply eliminated major problems which would take a much longer time. Hardware issues can possibly take anywhere from a few hours, to a week, depending on what the problem is and how long it takes to track it down, and obtaining replacement parts.

If you want to get the servers back up quicker, or have updates that you find useful, get a job with Cryptic, or buy them brand new, high tech servers. Im sure they would let you know how the servers are running on a daily basis if you did that and asked them to
  • Options
    sneathettesneathette Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or Ministry?
  • Options
    jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wondering if I should find EliteForce 2 cd for some PVP. Wondering if anyone woulkd still be on it
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sneathette wrote: »
    Or Ministry?

Oh God!!!! Call Harry Potter!!!! :D
  • Options
    scrag0416scrag0416 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First the NSA, now Putin...DAMN....lol
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is what happens when you let Pakleds engineer the servers.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dessniper wrote: »
    This is what happens when you let Pakleds engineer the servers.

Wouldn't they make things go?
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    mikajensmikajens Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll settle for 1 Jem attack ship as compensation for lost time =)

I'm getting an anxious rash from not playing!!!
  • Options
    sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe it is time to get with Secondlife and let SL help them resolve the problems permanently.
  • Options
    rogerishrogerish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It looks like it just is a networking problem. My magic 8-ball says this bodes well.
    This is obvious hardware neglect and LOAD neglect. Your user base is expanding beyond what you can support. Invest capitol in server structure that is capabable of taking the load of what you expect and your projected numbers. Obviously you are working with a system called, lets see who pays and if it breaks, we'll upgrade maybe. You're going to lose your players.

run these numbers for me datura, how many times have they called it a "networking problem" in the last 2 months xD I can't agree that it "bodes well" for the future trendy :P mirror event extension at the very LEAST plznty :cool:
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not this server
  • Options
    captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    and... tribbles down

It's up for me
  • Options
    nortyfinernortyfiner Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A game that's four years old should have had basic technical issues like server stability resolved long ago. Cryptic should be downright embarassed by how this game malfunctions all the time.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not seeing any e-mail about those 50 Jem'Hadar Attack Ships being sent to me in reparation.

I need to reiterate that I've been traumatized by this downtime and I am outraged that I am unable to play for a few hours.

Does the trauma-inflicted boredom mean nothing to you? I'm a victim of boredom here. It's the same thing as getting into a car accident, getting shot by a gun, or stabbed.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    zeroangel76zeroangel76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, I'm new, so youll forgive me for one silly question; how long do these outages usually last?
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Wouldn't they make things go?

no, they would kidnap someone to make it go for them.......

...maybe they kidnaped the server so it come make them go.....

......i just wish they would make these problems go...AWAY.
  • Options
    masterhunter76masterhunter76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rogerish wrote: »
    run these numbers for me datura, how many times have they called it a "networking problem" in the last 2 months xD I can't agree that it "bodes well" for the future trendy :P mirror event extension at the very LEAST plznty :cool:

LOL "yeah"
This discussion has been closed.