What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server D/C? [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    eshmaneshman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just when I get used to having STO back on my pc after going through the WinXP->Win8 debacle then the server decides to up and kick the bucket?! Only after I go through all the effort of coming up with a creative Klingon/ship name, gaining several levels, then going into the "unknown" sectors after several successful newbie [after respawning many times] Borg fights... Ugh, all while just trying to make it past Leut rank hehe ;-p
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok, now we have 40 pages... go go... we need 75 go go!!!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "It looks like it just is a networking problem."

The problem with that description is that all the world's computers combining into one cybernetic entity and launching the extermination of the human race could also be said to be a 'networking problem'.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The team is under attack. RUN!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoRIRtzLmMA
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
  • Options
    explorer31explorer31 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sftim725 wrote: »
    I love STO and am a die hard gamer but PWE should extend the Mirror Invasion Event by at least two days to give everyone the opportunity to earn all the rewards. We've lost a couple days due to server crashes that could mean the difference between completing the project or not finishing it. Show your captains some more love, PWE!

I agree...now I'm right at the borderline of completing the event...going to have to stay up late to finish tonight's run...
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm a lifetime member myself, and I fully agree with this.

I have been playing the game on and off since Beta.
    But I have never seen things as bad as this before.

Bugs, glitches, crashes, its getting very frustrating when you can barely log on without encountering some kind of issue somewhere

Don't know if you played at the time or on break but if not, you should have seen when PWE first took over Cryptic, my game crashed 2 or more times a day. the files for the game where blatantly corrupted from the source.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not really....Something about games that are Awesome single player games being turned into MMO's don't really care about them.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So... 2 days down and you demand a WEEK of Mirror? :rolleyes:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alright everyone. I'm back in my really cool Captain's chair.

So it is an issue that is with the East Coast server, but we have someone already very actively working on the issue. Not only that, but it doesn't look like it's a hardware issue. It looks like it just is a networking problem. My magic 8-ball says this bodes well.

As one recalls a "networking problem" was behind Friday's outage as well. Hopefully a different one.
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are the severs down again? This also happened just a few nights ago...STO loads but when it's supposed to come to the screen with your characters it fails to connect and you are timed out...what gives?
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the
    Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This has what to do with STO?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And... this is the first seriously attack from the undine!!! (specie 8472)!!! :confused:
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok what jhon did not pay the orions
  • Options
    brian1834brian1834 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We should have a few extra days with the Mirror Event, since the server keeps going down. "They" said it was fixed. But here we are again not being able to play the game. Quote if you agree.
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From what I've heard TES Online received rather bad reviews. I'll steer clear.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Servers down OPEN 1,000 threads :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    ramsesthegreat1ramsesthegreat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont beleive its undine!!! The Omega Particals are Interfering with subspace comunications! Thus the networking is having issues!:eek:
  • Options
    dreadswarmdreadswarm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My Magic Ball is blue from lack of STO!
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I live in Northern Cali, and curious when you say its an East coast server, that would affect the West Coast one as well?

On another note I know you guys are scarmblin as fast as you can, thanks for getting on top of this as fast as you did:) Hope to be in game soon.
  • Options
    jalaxajalaxa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe it. I left the game in frustration of poor performance 9 months ago. I have been back one day and the servers are down again?!? Really?? Seriously?!? When in the next WOW xpac due to go live so I can play a game with servers better than my laptop!
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://youtu.be/EfkNvOOiZ_8?t=2m21s

Even in the future things still don't work....
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic/PWE this is getting real old real fast. I wouldn't be so pissed if I were a leach (play for free) but I like the game enough to not only have a paid account but actually spend real cash for stuff on top of that. All I can say is keep it up and you are going to lose players.
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    This has what to do with STO?

This is the General Discussion forum right?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    seimajseimaj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am SOO GLAD I didn't send them money this is the worse company ever. I have been a STO member for all of about 10 days and its been down for almost 20% of the time what a crappy reliability rate OMG if anyone reading this is thinking about spending money on this company DON'T!!! maybe someone will buy them out and put this game on a good reliable infrastructure.
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think its really ARC causeeing all the problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    vdavidsonvdavidson Member Posts: 31 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    My magic 8-ball says this bodes well.

I a little worried that Orihime needs a magic 8-ball :P
    Jingling jingling ... What kind of man crawls into his grave to find hope... A desperate one ... Jingling jingling
  • Options
    astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It'd be nice if they extended the Mirror event by a couple of days because these server problems kind of interfere with completing the event.
This discussion has been closed.