• Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Diablo 3 is out w an expansion tomorrow
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tarsudo wrote: »
    the Undine are powerfull!!! them nockout the server!!!

When they say "The Weak Shall Perish", I REALLY didn't think they meant the servers.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    Okay this may have already been answered, but with so many posts it's hard to keep up.

How does the East Coast server effect the West? I'm in Idaho.

I imagine its something to do with the log in server, as opposed to the game server.

The highway is fine, its the access ramps thats fubar.
  • Options
    sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really want to do this before I have to go to bed, I do have to work tomorrow and it will cut me off another day and I will be two days now that I am behind because of this.
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    Okay this may have already been answered, but with so many posts it's hard to keep up.

How does the East Coast server effect the West? I'm in Idaho.

From what I understand PWE games share a Login server across games so if anything in between falls over...
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, I will also lend my voice to those who spend money on the game and thus believe I am entitled to be outraged over not being able to play a video game for a few hours. Not because I feel that way, but because I'm bored.

I will never get these few hours of downtime back ever, Cryptic. I hope you go to the grave knowing that I was bored for a few hours and nothing you ever do will make up for it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    I think the Undine are upset because they liked to be called Species 8472.

+1 you have right!!! they assimilated the server!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    boffheadboffhead Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ct2060 wrote: »
    Maybe if they stop sharing servers with there other games. I am not a expert on tech or game design but something about running MMOs the size they are off one server seems flawed. Or Im all wrong and thats not the problem at all.

No, it'll be load balanced. They'll probably have a couple of F5's out the front balanced stuff acrross a pool of boxes underneath. That said issues can still occur accross redundant systems, usually network or storage to be so.
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tell you we need a character slots sale and a c-store doff sale slot sale to make up for all these crashes!:cool:
  • Options
    shawnawhitewolfshawnawhitewolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Neverwinter UP AND running im in Minnesota
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Were there any updates after the first post Askray?
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This Server Is Like A Cheep Prom Date
  • Options
    kiesterbuttkiesterbutt Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe they shouldn't have named the server FUBAR.
  • Options
    suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    server down again....this is getting irritating when in middle of mirror event and...pufft!

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • Options
    slipstreamriderslipstreamrider Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they don't get this server or what not up soon, I may be forced to go to my local pub and get ****ty, and maybe possibly get involved with a dame, and then I might not have time for sto. All monies spent on said girly and such.
  • Options
    deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    I am in California and the server is down here too, so the first Dev post about this outage is inaccurate.

One of PWE's datacenters is located in Boston, that location is what hosts STO and NW, for the whole world.

So if that facility is having issues, the entire world can't get into STO
  • Options
    plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Less than a week for those of us who preordered! Was really hoping to get the Mirror Grind finished up before then, but it's looking iffy now.

Too bad it's not up now so I have something to swap to with STO down :(

...Anyone else playing ESO this Sunday and/or next week?
  • Options
    rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akanaro wrote: »
    From what I understand PWE games share a Login server across games so if anything in between falls over...

Yea Neverwinter is having the same problem right now also so it's probably related to the same problem they had the other day. Hopefully it can get fixed....er...."better"?? This time...<shrug>
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »

I will never get these few hours of downtime back ever, Cryptic. I hope you go to the grave knowing that I was bored for a few hours and nothing you ever do will make up for it.

Cue Sarah Macwotsit music.

"Do you know a...bored gamer?"

Cut to Iconians, looking up at camera, eyes brimming with tears of boredom

"If so, give generously etc......."
  • Options
    soveroosoveroo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    a monetary/Zen credit would be nice for us subscribers at this point... even if it's only a $1 or 2... wishful thinking I'm sure...
  • Options
    sftim725sftim725 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love STO and am a die hard gamer but PWE should extend the Mirror Invasion Event by at least two days to give everyone the opportunity to earn all the rewards. We've lost a couple days due to server crashes that could mean the difference between completing the project or not finishing it. Show your captains some more love, PWE!
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Were there any updates after the first post Askray?

Anything updated will be in the first post. :) I've also edited it so people can understand what they mean by east coast server.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this Server Is Like A Cheep Prom Date

Oh My!!!!!:d
  • Options
    stormcloud76stormcloud76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First the outage on the weekend lasting for hours, now this. Maybe, having the Engineer Photonics run on Alkaline Batteries wasn't the smartest choice, Cryptic. It's time to make up to the player base for this kind of inaccessibility.

Also: I can tracert the server, but suspect the corresponding app isn't running to allow logins...whatever it is - it's quite disappointing performance.
  • Options
    rogerishrogerish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    How about going to Wal Mart and buying a new router for crying out loud this is stupid are you all going to extend the MI event again because of this

my timing must be horrible or this must happen alot, this is the 4th time this month ive tried to log in and my server has been down lol (not counting the updates)

gotta agree with shadow, at the very least extend the event, not everyone can work around all of your servers down times :P k thx :cool:
  • Options
    rancidzombie1701rancidzombie1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tarsudo wrote: »
    +1 you have right!!! they assimilated the server!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

if the Borg assimilated the servers, they wouldn't crash anymore
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hamster is OP please nerf
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Boston server?

*runs down the street, enters into Cryptic's offices, and plugs server back into wall*
    You should run to Cogent instead, where they host the real servers.
This discussion has been closed.