What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server D/C? [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, I'm new, so youll forgive me for one silly question; how long do these outages usually last?

Weeeeellllll, what with time compression, Iconians boredom field and a random amount of bacon, 45 years.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sydusgrey wrote: »
    Maybe it is time to get with Secondlife and let SL help them resolve the problems permanently.

It's rare I seen Second Life go down like this.
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sydusgrey wrote: »
    Maybe it is time to get with Secondlife and let SL help them resolve the problems permanently.

You're kidding, right?
  • Options
    masterhunter76masterhunter76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, I'm new, so youll forgive me for one silly question; how long do these outages usually last?

You dont want to know
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nortyfiner wrote: »
    A game that's four years old should have had basic technical issues like server stability resolved long ago. Cryptic should be downright embarassed by how this game malfunctions all the time.

WHAT!!! lol what World you live on because I would love to live on a Planet where networks and Servers get better with age LOL

Networks are not Wine, although when they go down they produce lots of Whine :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    datura80 wrote: »
    honestly nobody appreciates your reach for humour with your magic 8 ball. Paying players expect their game to be up. You have shared nothing in terms of WHEN and HOW the game will be up and running. Basically you've said nothing. Please don't update the community with garbage, instead collect facts and bestow them prudently. My magic 8 ball says you need to go to sleep. aka, you're of no use.

Oh shut the hell up you pompous entitled, no-life.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any e-mail about those 50 Jem'Hadar Attack Ships being sent to me in reparation.

I need to reiterate that I've been traumatized by this downtime and I am outraged that I am unable to play for a few hours.

Does the trauma-inflicted boredom mean nothing to you? I'm a victim of boredom here. It's the same thing as getting into a car accident, getting shot by a gun, or stabbed.

Hello iconians, due to your traumatic incident due to <insert issue here>, I've gone ahead and forwarded your <insert complaint here> to our <insert random name that means nothing> to investigate the issue. :)

You should hear back from someone in <insert random number> weeks.

Thanks! :)

Obviously this is a joke people so don't take me seriously.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    Don't know if you played at the time or on break but if not, you should have seen when PWE first took over Cryptic, my game crashed 2 or more times a day. the files for the game where blatantly corrupted from the source.

That was likely when I was not playing as I cant remember that.
    I only started laying again recently, and its about a year since last I played before that.

While not as bad as what you describe, its still bad when they cant keep the servers going for more than 3 days.
    I just hope this time they get it fixed properly.
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014

/mode joke on: every day come to run some tribbles!!!

/mode joke off

Is very rare that it happens... but... all players want STO ON!!!
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys (and girls), take a deep breath and relax. Sit on your hands if you must. Trust me, venting your frustration on the forum and attacking the staff will leave your worse off than what you are now.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Wouldn't they make things go?

I guess they made it go stop!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hello iconians, due to your traumatic incident due to <insert issue here>, I've gone ahead and forwarded your <insert complaint here> to our <insert random name that means nothing> to investigate the issue. :)

Are you allowed to just cut and paste Cryptic customer feedback forms?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    cincsac wrote: »
    That is rather rude and uncalled for. :( She's doing her job.

no she isn't. She's being vague and posting to twitter, probably from her bed. If that's a job, I want it. I'd do it ten times better.
  • Options
    karochongkarochong Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely need an MUE extension!!!
  • Options
    zeroangel76zeroangel76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Weeeeellllll, what with time compression, Iconians boredom field and a random amount of bacon, 45 years.

So that's what? 45 minutes? My physics is rusty and I'm not about to work out time compression equations especially with unknown variables (bacon, and boredom field) :).
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    its seems an upgrade from those cat3 cables to cat7 is in order
  • Options
    ussmonkeyboy12ussmonkeyboy12 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »

oooh Bacon :)
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BACON!!!!!! i mean i want my bug ship back !!!! with side order of bacon please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akanaro wrote: »
    Guys (and girls), take a deep breath and relax. Sit on your hands if you must. Trust me, venting your frustration on the forum and attacking the staff will leave your worse off than what you are now.

NO!!! we need attack the UNDINE or... Mirror ships
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Shouldn't a paid Cryptic employee be more sensitive to the trauma inflicted on one of their paid customers? What I am going through right now is comparable to the worst travesties mankind has ever inflicted on another human being. I've been unable to play for over an hour now. This mental trauma will have long-lasting, possibly permanent consequences.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    How DARE you try to speak for me and the rest of the community. I appreciate the humor. Now, go back to your insignificant corner of the universe while you wait for a fix to the NETWORK outage that is out of Cryptic's control.

And my magic 8 ball tells me that askray may consider giving you a 48 hour forum ban. If not, may the Borg come for you and assimilate you in the night!

my magic 8 ball says you're doomed to have a breen set on your ship forever with no chance of changing it. ever.
  • Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    no she isn't. She's being vague and posting to twitter, probably from her bed. If that's a job, I want it. I'd do it ten times better.

And I think you're an over-entitled clown who needn't post your human garbage vitriol on the forum.

Do we understand each other?
  • Options
    sydusgreysydusgrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's rare I seen Second Life go down like this.
    It is true! Secondlife rarely has outages or even issues even close to this. Ever since the CSI episode they have radically evolved their system to end these issues that you are experiencing. I know Cryptic and Arc are working on it but I think it may be time to for them to obtain advice from Secondlife. Their address is: 945 Battery Street
    San Francisco, CA 94111
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014

These outages aren't very common, although this one comes on the heels of the big one on Friday. I'd say another couple of hours at least, some time tomorrow at worst given that they say it isn't a server hardware issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    So that's what? 45 minutes? My physics is rusty and I'm not about to work out time compression equations especially with unknown variables (bacon, and boredom field) :).

Actually i missed a variable.

That would be the official Magic 8 ball array.

This is a distributed system where many STO players keep magic 8 balls on their desks, thus picking up the psychic signals across a huge area.

It runs on bacon.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my magic 8 ball says you're doomed to have a breen set on your ship forever with no chance of changing it. ever.

I do have the breen set on my ship, it is on a miranda :D. My magic 8 ball says I will end up in an STF with you while flying said miranda.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
This discussion has been closed.