#Where's Scotty?
    sig.jpg
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You do! /Bowie

Do what? /goblin
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since this early morning GMT i cant login at all , the launcher loading sooo slow , and if load at all got an error that says there is a problem with the login server. So , can someone from the support teram give us some light about that, please. The problem is global , beacuse got lot of friends on the voice chat that have the same problem and havent been able to log the whole day.

EDIT at 4:26 PM PDT:

EDIT at 3:08 PM PDT posted on Twitter:

We're looking into the current issue at hand. We've made progress with our login server but we will notify you once the game is back up! :)

~Askray

EDIT at 1:40 PM PDT:

~Askray

This is a reminder for everyone. Please do not spam this thread as it is both a violation of Rules and Policies as well as it can potentially delay our ability to work on the situation at hand.
    Thank you! - LaughingTrendy

Too late Trendy lol.
  • attodon2000attodon2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yudhistiro wrote: »
    yay!!!
    where the hell are we?

As requested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcyKK7j5IU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aye lets meet on tribble and play the new PvE missions. good thought. trying again via the arc -.- there it lets me log onto tribble
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The power of voodoo

That you do?
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rrasp wrote: »
    Is STO servers run from a frat house basement? Maybe someone spilt some beer on the server. Hey, it happens.

They are in a data center in Boston. So the hardware issue could be their's, or it could be upstream with the data center's equipment that provides their connectivity.
  • eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do what? /goblin
    Remind me of the babe!

I hope this has properly mellowed the rage I've been reading in the thread. :)
  • remianenremianen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Thank you for the compliment. There are lots of better authors out there.

Name one. You are the only author I've seen who can produce a combat-free diplomacy mission that provokes thought without needing pew-pew. In user generated content (in most of its MMO forms), combat is used as a glue to hold things together. Without it, many authors seem lost on how to move a story forward and/or how to keep it from falling apart at the seams. I've played Return to Terra Nova at least 300 times across four characters, once alternating between it and Delta Volanis exploration missions going from Consul to Ambassador (before the Doff system). Never got bored with it and it always amazed me how well done it was. I also like the anti-speed run elements you have in it. :)
    Free would engender that *any* item you get in game was not originally purchased with real-world money.

And that of course is not true, when you trade for ZEN it is paid for by design... just because you didn't pay for it does not mean there was not a real world monetary transaction that took place.

If the game was "truly free" it would have gone bust by now because shinnies and boxes are the only thing that keep the game ticking over... it certainly ain't the story content :D

You get out of here, showing off your fancy schmancy 7th grade education! If it doesn't cost ME money, then it doesn't cost money so it's free! Haven't you ever heard of 'free money from the government' and 'buy one, get one FREE' ? :P :rolleyes:
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Helnaaa!!!!!!!! Where Are You!!!!
  • billybadass5billybadass5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please replace Askray. Every time he comments it is an insult. That is hardly helpful.
  • plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    I do. I can create an account for free, log in for free, and play every single mission in the game for free. Furthermore, I can get any item in the game store I want for free by trading dilithium for zen. So to recap, I can play every single mission in the game and get any item in the game store without spending any of my money. So yeah, I call that free.

Even taking into account that your time is- by your own admission- worth nothing whatsoever, that does not make the game "free" because some people DO pay for it.

That's like working at a pizza place that lets you have one for free to take home at the end of your shift, and then telling a paying customer who complains about finding a roach on his pizza "bah, it's free, why should it be perfect?"

So to recap, don't be a dolt.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    k0rsak0f wrote: »
    wel. if i want to be a TRIBBLE i would just say.. if you get something that someone made from stuff he / she found in the woods like a branch of a tree.. it did not cost him or someone else something provided that where he found it has never bin touched by human hands.

If a person wants to be extreme and/or argumentative, even that isnt truly "free". How did that person get there? If he drove, the gas cost money. Even if he didnt drive, who owns the land? The land has a monetary value, and everything on the land is included in that ownership. There is simply no extreme you cannot go to to say something isnt truly "free".

Of course, my earlier comments are simple and have a simple meaning. It costs nothing for me to play this game, therefore it is free to me. So yeah :D
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited March 2014
    I was talking about steam. Not STO. read what you quoted.

Oh. Oops. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Now if someone could just tell me how to get on Tribble (with my Mac) without being kicked out to ARC before even getting to the login screen, I'd be ever-so-grateful. The shard button doesn't exist at all on the Mac launcher screen.
  • ravioliloverraviolilover Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm wondering if the site got TRIBBLE by a disgruntled jerk that may have been banned or something or looking for easy credits or the like.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So would this be a bad time to ask for a Chalnoth Lock Box and 5 mission rep grind :D?

http://www.dippold.org/startrek/serien/tng/pics/3_18_6.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited March 2014
    I'm wondering if the site got TRIBBLE by a disgruntled jerk that may have been banned or something or looking for easy credits or the like.

I don't think hacking counts as a hardware issue unless you use a machete.
  • plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    roadghost wrote: »
    They are in a data center in Boston. So the hardware issue could be their's, or it could be upstream with the data center's equipment that provides their connectivity.

Again... how could it be upstream if Tribble is still up and running?
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    I discovered that I have HBO.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    since i would rather not read 50+ new pages, Anything new happen? or is Q still TRIBBLE with us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6k9tpzF38I

Yup, that's Q alright, nobody screws better
  • ravioliloverraviolilover Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you need to go to perfect world, then your account after signing in,then character transfer to copy tribble to your account.
    good luck though, arcs been blocking everyone from getting into the site.
  • iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014

there life outside of sto?
    edited March 2014

I hear there's a special deodorant for that now. :P
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    plb1982 wrote: »
    That's like working at a pizza place that lets you have one for free to take home at the end of your shift, and then telling a paying customer who complains about finding a roach on his pizza "bah, it's free, why should it be perfect?"

Nothing can ever be perfect. However, this game is online 95%(maybe more) of the time, and on a day when they are having some kind of technical problems, people act like they have been slapped in the face. There is simply no limit to the sense of entitlement some people have.
  • uppercaseplzuppercaseplz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nothing can ever be perfect. However, this game is online 95%(maybe more) of the time, and on a day when they are having some kind of technical problems, people act like they have been slapped in the face. There is simply no limit to the sense of entitlement some people have.

Please insert that into the opening post of this thread.
    The Borg have it all wrong. Resistance is not futile. Resistance is electromotive force over current. Hasn't the Borg Queen ever heard of Ohm's frickin' Law?
    edited March 2014
    plb1982 wrote: »
    Again... how could it be upstream if Tribble is still up and running?

Because of the tech tech and...quantum. Plus Tribble is shielded from interferometric particles.
  • eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014

+1 Endorsement
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nothing can ever be perfect.

Yeah, it's not like we're living in a Perfect World... O wait, we do! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tuxisiustuxisius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    remianen wrote: »
    Name one. You are the only author I've seen who can produce a combat-free diplomacy mission that provokes thought without needing pew-pew. In user generated content (in most of its MMO forms), combat is used as a glue to hold things together. Without it, many authors seem lost on how to move a story forward and/or how to keep it from falling apart at the seams. I've played Return to Terra Nova at least 300 times across four characters, once alternating between it and Delta Volanis exploration missions going from Consul to Ambassador (before the Doff system). Never got bored with it and it always amazed me how well done it was. I also like the anti-speed run elements you have in it. :)

"Excitedly writes down name for later":)
This discussion has been closed.