Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Goodnight from Holland! I'll be staying online for a while, having too much fun with all the posts here :D:cool:.

Sorry you missed your Friday STO evening but there's always next Friday and the Friday after next. Cheers :)
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dgdolph wrote: »
    o rly? Anyway, wine will also do the job.

Why don't they put that effort in creating a native linux client? Who cares for Mac?

Yup: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3037203-sto-mac-is-officially-live_

And hey... I agree with you... I'd much rather see a Linux client, but thats not the way they've chosen to go.

On the bright side, since roughly 10% of the iOS code is stolen from FreeBSD, it should pave the way for ports to other platforms.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    kenddarkenddar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wildboar, I have a question for you... Are you, by any chance, an off topic as well? :D
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    casbyness wrote: »
    Jor-El, be reasonable!

old TRIBBLE :)

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    Doesn't it strike you as rude to ignore someone? I tried, it felt wrong to do so. It's just odd that when someone asks others to follow rules and guidelines put there so everyone has equal rights to discuss relevant matters, they get mad and attack you personally. All I want is information on when the server is expected since that is what this thread is for, and others seem to think my wanting that here is inappropriate and well I disagree with them.

WiiBoar you broke the rules, now you have to accept your punishment like a man.

FYI The rules apply to every1 lmfao, have a nice ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Worked in IT have you?

I have indeed, these kinds of breakdowns are rare ill admit, the guys at cryptic need a six pack of beer, a pack of cigerettes and a stress ball....STAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Askray, why are you deleting my posts? I was on topic, I came here to get an answer about the ETA of Star Trek Online. I also told a spammer to stop in a way less offensive than many posts I've seen -- that are still up. You erased me and not him? I would have sent this in a PM (I tried) but I am not allowed to do send you a PM as I do not use ARC, so is there some other way that I am supposed to send you a PM? And that question is also on-topic as this is an information and general discussion thread! So would you please respond to my question and also give us a heads up on the game restart ETA, if any?
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Figures.

Came home three hours ago to get a jump on mirror universe and be able to work on some other content but the gaming gods hate me.

yes yes I do (jk)
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    NOW there's a big red box on the screen that says it's busted
  • Options
    gdeemergdeemer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since this early morning GMT i cant login at all , the launcher loading sooo slow , and if load at all got an error that says there is a problem with the login server. So , can someone from the support teram give us some light about that, please. The problem is global , beacuse got lot of friends on the voice chat that have the same problem and havent been able to log the whole day.

EDIT at 3:08 PM PDT posted on Twitter:

We're looking into the current issue at hand. We've made progress with our login server but we will notify you once the game is back up! :)

~Askray

EDIT at 1:40 PM PDT:

~Askray

This is a reminder for everyone. Please do not spam this thread as it is both a violation of Rules and Policies as well as it can potentially delay our ability to work on the situation at hand.
    Thank you! - LaughingTrendy

I see from this post that the Dev's are posting on twitter ... why not the forums? Or have I just been unable to find Dev forum posts?
    ========================
    Deemer
    Fleet Admiral
    Mechanized Dragons
    ========================
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Doesn't it strike you as rude to ignore someone? I tried, it felt wrong to do so. It's just odd that when someone asks others to follow rules and guidelines put there so everyone has equal rights to discuss relevant matters, they get mad and attack you personally. All I want is information on when the server is expected since that is what this thread is for, and others seem to think my wanting that here is inappropriate and well I disagree with them.

well its like this ../facepalm hence my last post to ya . ya just need to learn to stop and read .. as it was told if ya really want to find out anything go back to the first post on this thread i did and thats that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Better make sure you extend the MU event by a day.
    And give everyone 10000 Dil for 'pain and suffering'! ;)
  • Options
    genysxgenysx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So I see them policing the hell out of this forum .. Wanna give us a up date on when this MIGHT possiable ever be looked into? Play by play like ... Oh the guy just got back from lunch he might log on and look at his sytem messeges or he might just go talk to the blond down the hall I dont know yet WHERES our inside man here

:D
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    starts cutting out paper dolls with sharp scissors, now listen this is getting serious, I'll start doing something productive involving real life and you KNOW where that will lead won't you.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry you missed your Friday STO evening but there's always next Friday and the Friday after next. Cheers :)
    I had enough time to do some extra work, but... aren't you a bit off-topic here? ;):cool:.
  • Options
    patrick702patrick702 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is my second day of playing STO properly, seen my mates playing it and finally got a com that can run it, then this happens D:

same here! it was the acquisition of the computer that finally allowed me some game time. originally tried to run it on some ancient p.o.s. when sto first came out but was highly discourgaed by the 1 frame every 2 to 3 second style gameplay. haha
  • Options
    thyrnecristhyrnecris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    We're not going to get anything. This is not the way things work.

If this were ArenaNet and something like this happned during an event, do you know what'd happen?

They'd extend the event if the servers were offline for this long AND give a little something of some kind to their customers. But ANet are competent developers and are in no way anything like Cryptic or their Perfect Wreck Extortion overlords.

Here, however, we'll get a post now and again about how the problem is almost solved, and just needs another 15 minutes. Then, 6 hours later, we'll get another post about how the problem is almost solved and just needs another 15 minutes.

So just settle down, you evil little gamer. You may get some kind of "Hey, we're sorry, but we'd like to show just how sorry by extending or giving you a bauble," from a decent company that's not just in it to line their pockets and milk something dry.

But here, all you get is treated badly.

I must, at least partially, disagree on the Arena.net thing. Yes, they extend, and try to give a little 'sorry'. But Arena.net is, these days, a puppet for NcSoft, nothing more. A massive Server Outage when their 'Edge of the Mists' came out? Well, it only had been on the Test servers (limited to select guilds) for months, right? And it still messed up hard. So not sure if they are 'better'.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My name is John Crichton, an MMO player.

An internet charge hit Perfectworld and I got shot. Through. A forum. Now I'm lost in some distant part of the general discussion section on a thread, a SPAMMY THREAD, full of trolling alien life forms.

Help me. Listen, please. Is there anybody out there who can hear me? I'm being hunted by an insane forum moderator. Doing everything I can. I'm just looking...for a way home...
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2014
    gdeemer wrote: »
    I see from this post that the Dev's are posting on twitter ... why not the forums? Or have I just been unable to find Dev forum posts?

Twitter is a lot faster to bring updates to, and it's easier that way as they just type a couple sentences and they can go back to work... to bring the Server back up, instead of getting sucked in by all this madness on the forums... :D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    I have no problems and if it was a widespread issue, there would be dozens of posts about it today.

I'm a little concerned by this comment of yours. Just because it works fine for you does not mean you should conclude all is okay for everyone. It isn't. Sever has been in ''down' status for hours now. Please, fix.
    And give a traceroute so that everyone else can help you. Also you can try going into the options once the launcher loads and changing the proxy settings.

Tracing route to 208.95.186.32 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms FRITZ-NAS [192.168.79.1]
    2 18 ms 18 ms 20 ms lo0.dr12.d12.xs4all.net [194.109.5.177]
    3 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms 1422.ae3.xr4.d12.xs4all.net [194.109.7.197]
    4 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms asd2-rou-1043.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.93.144]
    5 19 ms 18 ms 18 ms asd-s6-rou-1041.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.199.89]
    6 19 ms 19 ms 18 ms te8-5.ccr01.ams05.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.15.97]
    7 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms te0-3-0-4.mpd22.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.3.21]
    8 28 ms 28 ms 28 ms be2288.mpd22.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.62.149]
    9 102 ms 102 ms 103 ms be2391.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.237]
    10 103 ms 103 ms 102 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.254]
    11 110 ms 107 ms 107 ms 38.111.40.114
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mmmm feddies,

I can smell the bacon sizzling in space from your warp core breeches.

C'mon cryptic! I need to farm me some bacon!!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    I have indeed, these kinds of breakdowns are rare ill admit, the guys at cryptic need a six pack of beer, a pack of cigerettes and a stress ball....STAT

I was able to see the server rooms for EQ and a few other titles in San Diego daily at the SOE buildings there.. the blade room was entirely enclosed in solid glass so you could walk by, see and hear them inside going completely nuts looking as if something or someone was about to be injured, but hear nothing but the gentle blow of the AC units. Like watching angry lion fish biting at random cables underwater searching for solutions. I feel for you guys.
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm just looking...for a way home...
    Phooooooooone hoooooome!
  • Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope this extends the Mirror event, merely for the sake of players who missed the first week and need the final fourteen days, this being one of them.

I hope this does happen, because I needed this day for my characters.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2014
    My name is John Crichton, an MMO player.

An internet charge hit Perfectworld and I got shot. Through. A forum. Now I'm lost in some distant part of the general discussion section on a thread, a SPAMMY THREAD, full of trolling alien life forms.

Help me. Listen, please. Is there anybody out there who can hear me? I'm being hunted by an insane forum moderator. Doing everything I can. I'm just looking...for a way home...

Turn left, warp to the nearest star, turn 180deg right, point at the sun, and transwarp 1,000 LY in that direction, you'll end up about some yey 10-20 LY from Risa...
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »

Not so rare for Cryptic and STO.

There was an exact same problem about 18 months ago where people were not able to be routed to the server.

It was resolved after about 48/72 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    sebastiaanb007sebastiaanb007 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Picard: "The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity.
    TELL THAT TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was able to see the server rooms for EQ and a few other titles in San Diego daily at the SOE buildings there.. the blade room was entirely enclosed in solid glass so you could walk by, see and hear them inside going completely nuts looking as if something or someone was about to be injured, but hear nothing but the gentle blow of the AC units. Like watching angry lion fish biting at random cables underwater searching for solutions. I feel for you guys.

Seeing it up close usually cost's a premium, betting the outcome is also common, im sure they'll have made the run to the store soon and the guy will have calmed down enough for the hamster to relax and bring the servers online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Askray, why are you deleting my posts? I was on topic, I came here to get an answer about the ETA of Star Trek Online. I also told a spammer to stop in a way less offensive than many posts I've seen -- that are still up. You erased me and not him? I would have sent this in a PM (I tried) but I am not allowed to do send you a PM as I do not use ARC, so is there some other way that I am supposed to send you a PM? And that question is also on-topic as this is an information and general discussion thread! So would you please respond to my question and also give us a heads up on the game restart ETA, if any?

Understand the rules and policies for these forums. If you respond to a post that gets edited, your post will also get edited. Continued doing this will also result in moderation and warnings. This isn't just directed at you fyi but everyone that's doing it and getting warnings.

To send a PM you do not need ARC. Just click the words "Private Messages" at the top of the forum under the Welcome part and hit send a new message :)
    genysx wrote: »
    So I see them policing the hell out of this forum .. Wanna give us a up date on when this MIGHT possiable ever be looked into? Play by play like ... Oh the guy just got back from lunch he might log on and look at his sytem messeges or he might just go talk to the blond down the hall I dont know yet WHERES our inside man here

:D
    I'm a volunteer I don't work at cryptic or PWE (I'm actually sitting in my bedroom in Davis, CA :P) so I got as much info as you do.

As for why I updated the first post from twitter - it's because that's the first I saw. LaughingTrendy DID respond to this thread with the same update but I saw twitter first.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.