How Long Will It Take To Fix It So I Can Play Agen
    commander Joshua
    toon name: yorod
    Fleet: S.R.S.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    patrick702 wrote: »
    day three of me just starting this game and the servers go down. is this normal operating procedure for these types of games?

There is a big game named ******** something it has been on for many years, and has never gone down. Downtime only happens to STO...

edit: interesting, the game I named is censored. Killed the joke sadly
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    day three of me just starting this game and the servers go down. is this normal operating procedure for these types of games?

nah, happens at least once a month though.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Holodeck = Still Down
    Tribble = Up but graphics reset to default on login but its up.

I'd heard that F2P players can't (currently?) get access to Tribble; separate but related, does anyone know how to set that up with the Mac client - or does it require the Windows client?
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nah, happens at least once a month though.
    My wife says yes.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The hell its localized, its all over Europe as well as the States.

It's only affecting Earth. Andorian and Vulcan players are still online.
  • patrick702patrick702 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    There is a big game named ******** something it has been on for many years, and has never gone down. Downtime only happens to STO...

TRIBBLE. i only have 30 minutes till the kids get home and takeover the computer. my afternoon is ruined! hehe
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mectesh wrote: »
    I'd heard that F2P players can't (currently?) get access to Tribble; separate but related, does anyone know how to set that up with the Mac client - or does it require the Windows client?
    same as linux: wine
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014

As far as I am told: Yes...

If it makes you feel better, this is actually not that common... If you experience DC's often, try to switch to a Proxy... That sometimes helps.

It was MUCH much worse in the beginning of the game... It's really not that bad now, you just hit a bad zone.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014

There are merit badges associated with it.

Those of us who were here remember the rollout of season eight: the crash, the fix of the crash, the crash of the fix and the fix of the fix.
  • gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still down. Is there an ETA?
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mmmmm can't wait to get into ker'rat and keeeeel me some feddie vessels and then scan for bacon coming out of their broken hulls!!!

mmmm

feddie feddie quite contrary, how does your ship explode? with polaron smacks and torpedo whacks, and bacon floating out of your holds!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The hell its localized, its all over Europe as well as the States.

Localized to the planet earth :)
  • thyrnecristhyrnecris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

For this type of game (aka Free2Play)? Depends on the company who is behind it all.
    Believe me, there can be worse companies. But there can also be better ones.
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • deciusmudeciusmu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    About to click the button to claim tier 5 Dyson reward...server not responding....get kicked off game....and no getting back on for 4 hours and counting....well played PWE/Cryptic well played.
  • synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    I hate responding to people, can you guys talk about me without quoting or maybe not using my name in the post? It's hard to read the relevant info when I see others directly posting here towards me when it should be directed at the topic...

Make up some new name like "Tameboar" or "Wildbanned" that way I won't respond to you and can keep my postings on the topic of the server being down

dude for real get off your high horse and stop replying to anything .. and maybe JUST maybe they will leave you alone ..just saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • veronica10000veronica10000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WILBOAR why dont you just **** off? Noone likes you lolz
  • sebastiaanb007sebastiaanb007 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    casbyness wrote: »
    It's only affecting Earth. Andorian and Vulcan players are still online.

Becarefull arcfly THE mod might sensor you aswell
    Picard: "The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity.
    TELL THAT TO CRYPTIC
    edited March 2014
    dgdolph wrote: »
    same as linux: wine

Ahem... no? Theres a dedicated Mac client.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deciusmu wrote: »
    About to click the button to claim tier 5 Dyson reward...server not responding....get kicked off game....and no getting back on for 4 hours and counting....well played PWE/Cryptic well played.

solid 1st post sir
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    That reminds me of the Umhali posts a year ago. He was called umhali, right? Or something like that... the so called "dev" of three different games.
    it was uhmari, i believe
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    and there went the Tribble server ... the new ESD look and Undine STF's look nice
  • synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    has there been any reason as to what is going on or an ETA on when the game will be back up ?:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenddarkenddar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it was uhmari, i believe
    Yes, that were some good discussions going on. I started my first posts discussing him... It was.. fun :D.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If tribble has succumbed to this, all hope is now lost :(
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited March 2014
    synnbad wrote: »
    has there been any reason as to what is going on or an ETA on when the game will be back up ?:mad:

Keep an eye on the First post of this thread... If there are any significant news, it will be there.

• mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it was uhmari, i believe

OH GOD, i remember that guy. 80 page thread about how he was supposedly better than all of us and how his ideas were not only perfect, but they would definitely be added to the game. Best week on this forum i have ever had.
This discussion has been closed.