Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dgdolph wrote: »
    same as linux: wine

Ahem... no? Theres a dedicated Mac client.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deciusmu wrote: »
    About to click the button to claim tier 5 Dyson reward...server not responding....get kicked off game....and no getting back on for 4 hours and counting....well played PWE/Cryptic well played.

solid 1st post sir
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    That reminds me of the Umhali posts a year ago. He was called umhali, right? Or something like that... the so called "dev" of three different games.
    it was uhmari, i believe
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    and there went the Tribble server ... the new ESD look and Undine STF's look nice
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    has there been any reason as to what is going on or an ETA on when the game will be back up ?:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kenddarkenddar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it was uhmari, i believe
    Yes, that were some good discussions going on. I started my first posts discussing him... It was.. fun :D.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If tribble has succumbed to this, all hope is now lost :(
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    synnbad wrote: »
    has there been any reason as to what is going on or an ETA on when the game will be back up ?:mad:

Keep an eye on the First post of this thread... If there are any significant news, it will be there.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it was uhmari, i believe

OH GOD, i remember that guy. 80 page thread about how he was supposedly better than all of us and how his ideas were not only perfect, but they would definitely be added to the game. Best week on this forum i have ever had.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Say no to an extension of an event, I want free Zen for this! Events come and go all the time but a chance to get free Zen doesn't.

We're not going to get anything. This is not the way things work.

If this were ArenaNet and something like this happned during an event, do you know what'd happen?

They'd extend the event if the servers were offline for this long AND give a little something of some kind to their customers. But ANet are competent developers and are in no way anything like Cryptic or their Perfect Wreck Extortion overlords.

Here, however, we'll get a post now and again about how the problem is almost solved, and just needs another 15 minutes. Then, 6 hours later, we'll get another post about how the problem is almost solved and just needs another 15 minutes.

So just settle down, you evil little gamer. You may get some kind of "Hey, we're sorry, but we'd like to show just how sorry by extending or giving you a bauble," from a decent company that's not just in it to line their pockets and milk something dry.

But here, all you get is treated badly.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yes, the server is down, and they are working on it and they will come back to report the same information again and keep you at square one of wonder.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited March 2014
    Almost to 100 pages interesting :eek:

BTW pic of possible Engineer ground kit with the new system on Tribble which is up btw :D

ENGY custom Ground kit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    patrick702 wrote: »
    day three of me just starting this game and the servers go down. is this normal operating procedure for these types of games?

Nope, it thankfully is not.
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    o rly? Anyway, wine will also do the job.

Why don't they put that effort in creating a native linux client? Who cares for Mac?
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

Aye, have it; just curious as to whether it's possible to access Tribble using that, since we can't get to Holodeck atm. Worst case, I'll try the Windows client, as long as it's accessible to F2P accounts.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The hell its localized, its all over Europe as well as the States.

Yeah, "Connection To Login Server Timed Out". Obvious to me where the issue is.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    jtomikajtomika Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    Well, it's 11:30 in Europe. I give up waiting for the server coming back online. Good luck mates! Live long and prosper.
  • Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dude for real get off your high horse and stop replying to anything .. and maybe JUST maybe they will leave you alone ..just saying

Doesn't it strike you as rude to ignore someone? I tried, it felt wrong to do so. It's just odd that when someone asks others to follow rules and guidelines put there so everyone has equal rights to discuss relevant matters, they get mad and attack you personally. All I want is information on when the server is expected since that is what this thread is for, and others seem to think my wanting that here is inappropriate and well I disagree with them.
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    has someone in the dev team finally cracked with us asking them to fix the bugs and issues and taken an axe, locked himself in the server room and for every time someone posts on here he takes another crazy swing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    We're not going to get anything. This is not the way things work.

If this were ArenaNet and something like this happned during an event, do you know what'd happen?

They'd extend the event if the servers were offline for this long AND give a little something of some kind to their customers. But ANet are competent developers and are in no way anything like Cryptic or their Perfect Wreck Extortion overlords.

Here, however, we'll get a post now and again about how the problem is almost solved, and just needs another 15 minutes. Then, 6 hours later, we'll get another post about how the problem is almost solved and just needs another 15 minutes.

So just settle down, you evil little gamer. You may get some kind of "Hey, we're sorry, but we'd like to show just how sorry by extending or giving you a bauble," from a decent company that's not just in it to line their pockets and milk something dry.

But here, all you get is treated badly.

no, actually, Anet would do nothing, and they listen to their players worse than Cryptic does.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Almost to 100 pages interesting :eek:

BTW pic of possible Engineer ground kit with the new system on Tribble which is up btw :D

ENGY custom Ground kit

Interesting indeed. And installing.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mmmmmm feddies...

I can hear my polarons breaking down your hulls... can't wait!!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deciusmu wrote: »
    About to click the button to claim tier 5 Dyson reward...server not responding....get kicked off game....and no getting back on for 4 hours and counting....well played PWE/Cryptic well played.

.. So it was YOU who broke the server.

But to get back on topic, is there an ETA for the server restoration?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    matithedudematithedude Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    patrick702 wrote: »
    day three of me just starting this game and the servers go down. is this normal operating procedure for these types of games?
    This is my second day of playing STO properly, seen my mates playing it and finally got a com that can run it, then this happens D:
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jtomika wrote: »
    Well, it's 11:30 in Europe. I give up waiting for the server coming back online. Good luck mates! Live long and prosper.
    Goodnight from Holland! I'll be staying online for a while, having too much fun with all the posts here :D:cool:.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    has someone in the dev team finally cracked with us asking them to fix the bugs and issues and taken an axe, locked himself in the server room and for every time someone posts on here he takes another crazy swing?

Worked in IT have you?
  • Options
    ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Figures.

Came home three hours ago to get a jump on mirror universe and be able to work on some other content but the gaming gods hate me.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    QUOTE=Jor-El: My friends, you know me to be neither rash nor impulsive. I'm not given to wild, rainbow beam ship loadouts. And I tell you that we must evacuate this server immediately!

Jor-El, be reasonable!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OH GOD, i remember that guy. 80 page thread about how he was supposedly better than all of us and how his ideas were not only perfect, but they would definitely be added to the game. Best week on this forum i have ever had.
    there was also someone similar to him a while back called benovide...kept worshipping the bortasqu' as PWE's gift to STO...the ship's good, but it's not that good

oh, and he also kept trolling around saying there was a hard limit to how much damage any given weapon could deal...don't remember what figure he pulled out of his TRIBBLE, though - maybe 40K
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.