Options

Maintenance (March 14, 2014) [Completed]

124»

Comments

• Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    starlanced wrote: »
    Glad this is getting fixed, had it bug out on me twice yesterday. Also using Tractor mines kept the dread from escaping though a rift, when it finally did, it never came back.

I like to think that the captain of that ship was like "So they're gonna use tractor mines?!? That's just not cool, bro! I'm taking my ship and going home!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You trust this source? Was your source a sort of, green, wart-covered person who lives under a bridge? I think I met that guy once, he tried to charge me a toll fee. ;)

See? I knew there had to be a link about it wise guy

kotaku.com/5905239/mmo-studio-TRIBBLE-in-2010-just-found-out-about-it-now
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really do appreciate that, honestly.

In my intro post I mentioned how much the idea of a community means to me. This is my job, but also my passion.:o

Well, we appreciate it too :)

On the patch notes; Does the patch mean that when the dreadnought spawns, it'll be either a Gal-X or an Oddy, and it'll stay the same ship until the missions is over? Or will it continue to change from one to the other whenever it passes through a portal, as it has been doing?
    qrtrmstr wrote: »

What the christ.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

I wasn't actually asking that, hah, but then I had assumed that this did actually go through Tribble.

I don't use Tribble myself, though I assume you do/did? A justified question regardless. :)
    occasionally, when something really interesting shows up there, but mainly i just read though the tribble patch notes, and it never showed up in the notes, nor was it in the queue when i went on to check out the kit revamp currently there
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What can I say? I love the ears.

do u like martin clunes then?
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014

He was just messing with you, don't take things too seriously :D, and yeah, it happened.. There was a bunch of threads about it then.. But it didn't kept us from playing. ;)
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So - it appears they've given us a grind, which doesn't work properly, and they have to fix it *now* because it's a time-limited grind.

SO time limited, that will be almost impossible for a lot of people to complete it in time lol. :D, another stupid maneouver from cryptic.

I only hope we dont need another patch after this second one... or people can just forget about the event lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    He was just messing with you, don't take things too seriously :D, and yeah, it happened.. There was a bunch of threads about it then.. But it didn't kept us from playing. ;)

This still doesn't answer my question...

If this hack happened, which it clearly looks like it did, then besides us changing our login stuff, what steps (if any) have they taken to help prevent it from happening again (both being TRIBBLE, AND not detecting it for an unacceptable amount of time)

Did they change encryption protocols? Do they have a detection team for anymore breeches?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,482 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    It would be nice if the little green/red icon were on the new ARC websites, so we could tell at a glance whether the server is up or down. As it is, you have to check the forums or Facebook for a post.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This still doesn't answer my question...

If this hack happened, which it clearly looks like it did, then besides us changing our login stuff, what steps (if any) have they taken to help prevent it from happening again (both being TRIBBLE, AND not detecting it for an unacceptable amount of time)

Did they change encryption protocols? Do they have a detection team for anymore breeches?
    You might use the search function of this forum. They would've probably taken a bunch of precautions. You know that they can't really talk about their business stuff here, do you?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    And why did my join date change? That date over on the left is when I got lifetime...but NOT when I began playing STO....
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would be nice if the little green/red icon were on the new ARC websites, so we could tell at a glance whether the server is up or down. As it is, you have to check the forums or Facebook for a post.

That is a goal for the future once full transition has been made :)
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And why did my join date change? That date over on the left is when I got lifetime...but NOT when I began playing STO....
    I'm pretty sure when the forums were updated a while back, everyones' join date was altered.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

It's nice to actually talk to a Dev for a change. It doesn't seem too many of you guys do that.

Trendy IS NOT a Dev. Trendy has taken the role vacated by Smirk when he moved up to CM :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    That is a goal for the future once full transition has been made :)

Odd. I thought the full transition HAD been made. Hmmmm...
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Even though it disrupts our STO time I appreciate the quick patching to fix the Mirror Invasion Event (MIE) glitch. These things happen with the best intentions so I applaud the quick response. While playing the MIE on my multiple toons I had the portal shut-out happen twice & it is irritating. The MIE is rather seemingly uselessly drawn out time wise at least for the regular version. The Elite MIE I have yet to perform being I am just attempting to grinding for the DOFF & other perks.

Not to be rude but I do not feel bad for those that did not read the patch notes nor blog about the Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack. I too at first had that inclination since I had a few of those stored for safe keeping, but I went ahead & read the details so I understood. I also think the description on the packs themselves is a accurate method to distinguish the various packs apart avoiding confusion.

Good luck & good hunting. Also, isn't there a livestreaming today as well?
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously is the new Mirror Event more broken than other missions/features that people have been posting about for a long time that haven't been addressed. I guess because it is only around for a short time it means it will be fixed, so when it pops up again next year it won't be a problem.

I was quite content sitting in my Sci ship closing the same rift, thought it was part of an accolade. Closing 100 should have unlocked it? :P Kind of ironic you are patching mainly this event and in the notes one of the known issues is with this event, guess you can patch that one after its over.

I see the time has changed on the launcher.... what would ideally be good is the server status on the website and/or the same maintenance time that used to be on the old one please.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Odd. I thought the full transition HAD been made. Hmmmm...

Websites only not Arc game Client. There are still features yet to be added, one being that the STO to be removed entirely. Arc Client is still in beta test (2.0)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    Websites only not Arc game Client. There are still features yet to be added, one being that the STO to be removed entirely. Arc Client is still in beta test (2.0)

Ah! Cool. I thought all of it had been implemented with the most recent ARC annoucement. Good to know. Thanks for the info.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does anyone know how to find out how many days you've been subscribed? The old site was easy, the new one not so much..
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

-LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got caught in the MU bug with the Dread: the last rift was closed as the Dread went through ... and didn't come back!

At east the leave penalty didn't kick in.

So... glad something is fixed :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Woohoo! Party time*!

*tea drinkers excluded.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Woohoo! Party time*!

*tea drinkers excluded.
    One day I hope to unify both Tea Drinkers and Coffee Drinkers together, for the glory of Caffeine.
This discussion has been closed.