What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance (March 14, 2014) [Completed]

Comments

• Options
    lauscholauscho Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I understand and empathize with the players. We have this really cool event, but we need to put up another patch to make sure there are no bugs. I want the patch to finish too so I can go back to the event.

I'm not part of the event. Probably still too new to the game to join. I don't know if my little Olympic-class could handle the Mirror Universe yet!

As for my boredom with the game, it kind of stems from that. I'm trying to play as freely (I'm too brokeass for Zen) as I can, and I'm making very little progress with in-game currencies and climbing rank. As much as I'd love to buy an Excelsior-class ship and plow the road with phaser fire, that ain't happening till I get a butt-ton of dilithium! Nothing to do with any particular problem with the game.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You have my immediate attention!
    Could you direct your attention to the other half of my post? :P
    How do you prefer your coffee? I'm a double espresso macchiato girl
    To be honest, this is going to be the longest reply I've ever given to a question on coffee.

At home, I prefer it simple. Coffee (strong), with milk (semi-skimmed) and some sweeteners (instead of Sugar). At work, we've got some of them Coffee machines, but the taste isn't desirable so I stick with squash. When visiting coffee shops though, it's all about the Mocha's and Cappuccinos ... and a piece of cake (Victorian/Lemon Sponge please).'

... turns out the reply wasn't as long as I had initially anticipated. Hmm.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Heh... you poor coffee drinkers will never know the joy of drinking a big mug of builders-strength tea at the laptop :p
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Heh... you poor coffee drinkers will never know the joy of drinking a big mug of builders-strength tea at the laptop :p
    Coffee > Tea

That is all. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I'm a simple double-double kind of guy.

I'm writing a pretty interesting fanfic right now involving a temporally-displaced 21st-century guy as a Starfleet officer, and the only "Gary Stu" trait I wrote into him is his penchant for ordering a double-double from the replicator... in a cardboard cup with a plastic lid.

Also Inoue <3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    It's 2:20pm(ish) here in England, and I've just finished a lovely cup of coffee. :)
    coffee? an englishman drinking coffee?! you HERETIC!
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Agreed - Tea ftw!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now now. Coffee and Tea drinkers should unite in their love for Caffeine.
    If I can ask (and more importantly, if you can answer) how do you guys go about testing new missions before they're uploaded to the main servers?

When the newer CE event went live, there were bugs. This new MU event has gone live, there are bugs.

Short answer.

Long answer. The combined efforts of both the public and our end. QA and Public on the Tribble server help test these missions to make sure that there's nothing going wrong. Bugs do pop up, they do miss things, and when they do we respond as quickly and efficiently as we can. Hence, I am speaking to you right now as we put out a fix-patch the next morning.:P
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Any Englishman drinking coffee is a good Englishman!

Fun avatar, drinking coffee..

Another +10 on my board :D.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On a different note, I'm glad you are at least communicating more with the player base, LaughingTrendy. That is one thing I can appreciate, even when the devs messed up, again...
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lauscho wrote: »
    I'm a simple double-double kind of guy.

I'm writing a pretty interesting fanfic right now involving a temporally-displaced 21st-century guy as a Starfleet officer, and the only "Gary Stu" trait I wrote into him is his penchant for ordering a double-double from the replicator... in a cardboard cup with a plastic lid.

Also Inoue <3<3<3<3<3
    Oh now now. You have to have a wonderfully preheated ceramic (don't forget non-worn) cup for coffee! For a Starfleet officer, he clearly must have skipped out on the mandated FancyDrinks 101.:P
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    On a different note, I'm glad you are at least communicating more with the player base, LaughingTrendy. That is one thing I can appreciate, even when the devs messed up, again...
    I really do appreciate that, honestly.

In my intro post I mentioned how much the idea of a community means to me. This is my job, but also my passion.:o
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Drinking coffee as an englishman is like cheating on your girlfriend...

...not that I ever did that

-hides the coffee mug-
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh now now. You have to have a wonderfully preheated ceramic (don't forget non-worn) cup for coffee! For a Starfleet officer, he clearly must have skipped out on the mandated FancyDrinks 101.:P

Fancy Drinks? I thought it was Fancy Feast? *sigh* Chief! The replicator is malfunctioning again! -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ohh coffee time? I'm a dark, bold Italian roast guy myself. Dark Columbian once in a while, and I also like a bold Northwest Dark now and then.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    lies! everyone knows the english are tea-drinkers
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Drinking coffee as an englishman is like cheating on your girlfriend...

...not that I ever did that

-hides the coffee mug-
    Wow, just wow :D. The innuendo.

ps; it's innuendo, right? Fake english forum crawler here...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Dammit man, he's a doctor, not a Ferengi!
  • Options
    maarchsmaarchs Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Each patch is going up for like 2.5 hours? Theese 2 hours I can spam around again in forums :)
    When You observe, learn from it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Ohh coffee time? I'm a dark, bold Italian roast guy myself. Dark Columbian once in a while, and I also like a bold Northwest Dark now and then.
    I share your love for Italian roast coffee. I prefer my roasting level to be either really high so I can taste the roast, or really low like in a Yergacheffe so I can taste the raw flavor.
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Feline supplement #476.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Short answer.

Long answer. The combined efforts of both the public and our end. QA and Public on the Tribble server help test these missions to make sure that there's nothing going wrong. Bugs do pop up, they do miss things, and when they do we respond as quickly and efficiently as we can. Hence, I am speaking to you right now as we put out a fix-patch the next morning.:P

actually, i think what he was trying to ask was what testing was done on the mission by the devs before it went live? because we certainly didn't get to test it, as it never wound up on tribble; it went straight from cryptic's in-house server to holodeck

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2014
    lauscho wrote: »
    Dammit man, he's a doctor, not a Ferengi!
    What can I say? I love the ears.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What can I say? I love the ears.

-supresses the urge to make a gag about oomox that would likely get him a weeks ban from the forum- :p
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    -supresses the urge to make a gag about oomox that would likely get him a weeks ban from the forum- :p

I was just thinking the same thing. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a topic I would love an answer to...

Is it true that your servers were TRIBBLE?

Is it true the hack took place in 2010 and 1) wasn't detected by Cryptic until 2013 and 2) wasn't actually detected by a team member but was pointed out by an outside source???

Is it true that just about every players account information was compromised in the hack?

If any of this is true, what steps (if any) has PWE taken to correct the issue and prevent further intrusion?

And lastly, cause I believe the source, why were us players not informed of this serious breach?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    qrtrmstr wrote: »

Is it true the hack took place in 2010 and 1) wasn't detected by Cryptic until 2013 and 2) wasn't actually detected by a team member but was pointed out by an outside source???

Is it true that just about every players account information was compromised in the hack?

If any of this is true, what steps (if any) has PWE taken to correct the issue and prevent further intrusion?

And lastly, cause I believe the source, why were us players not informed of this serious breach?

You trust this source? Was your source a sort of, green, wart-covered person who lives under a bridge? I think I met that guy once, he tried to charge me a toll fee. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    qrtrmstr wrote: »

They did post about it on Cryptic's webpage (though the notice is no longer up.) Here's Kotaku about it
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad this is getting fixed, had it bug out on me twice yesterday. Also using Tractor mines kept the dread from escaping though a rift, when it finally did, it never came back.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I was compelled by the Warp.
    Long answer. The combined efforts of both the public and our end. QA and Public on the Tribble server help test these missions to make sure that there's nothing going wrong. Bugs do pop up, they do miss things, and when they do we respond as quickly and efficiently as we can. Hence, I am speaking to you right now as we put out a fix-patch the next morning.
    That's fair enough I suppose. I thank you for your answer.

It's nice to actually talk to a Dev for a change. It doesn't seem too many of you guys do that.
    stoutes wrote: »
    +1 for this. :)
    This.
    In my intro post I mentioned how much the idea of a community means to me. This is my job, but also my passion.:o
    I missed this. Can you link?
    lies! everyone knows the english are tea-drinkers
    Only the posh ones. I am a mere normal person. :P
    actually, i think what he was trying to ask was what testing was done on the mission by the devs before it went live? because we certainly didn't get to test it, as it never wound up on tribble; it went straight from cryptic's in-house server to holodeck
    I wasn't actually asking that, hah, but then I had assumed that this did actually go through Tribble.

I don't use Tribble myself, though I assume you do/did? A justified question regardless. :)
This discussion has been closed.