Install Arc
Options

Maintenance (March 14, 2014) [Completed]

Comments

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zebuleon wrote: »
    lol 'We will be performing maintenance from the time you wake up until the time you go to work. Sorry for the inconvenience.' :)
    More "We will be performing maintenance from the time you arrive home from work until the time you go out for the evening." :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know that maintenance is not just putting a new version on the servers?!?

Since the servers went down yesterday the patch-server or the connection to it seems to be overloaded, I just spent over 5 minutes to patch a mission-map (not an entirely new download).

So, do you think people deserve to see more then a loading-screen? Other people might want to play the game, too.

EDIT: 16 minutes and counting to patch one map...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    transwarpspeedtranswarpspeed Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my game began a 8.4 gig patch this morning did someone load the wrong patch because then the patch service went dead. this doesn't seem like a tiny patch, but now my game is inoperable. any insight on this?

notated the join date is wrong since I have been playing since the beta days of sto and pleas also notate that's over 1000 days!

1 hour and counting to finish the patch download!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    my game began a 8.4 gig patch this morning did someone load the wrong patch because then the patch service went dead. this doesn't seem like a tiny patch, but now my game is inoperable. any insight on this?

notated the join date is wrong since I have been playing since the beta days of sto and pleas also notate that's over 1000 days!

1 hour and counting to finish the patch download!

Check you ressource-monitor, see if there is an application "Star Trek Online" (the launcher) and if it actually gets some bandwidth. If there are only some spikes with long breaks between them, then you've got to wait until they fix the patch-server or (like me) use a Proxy/VPN to a location near their patch-server. I managed to get my patch done yesterday.

Will you be able to finish your download before there is a newer version?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hailing all Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, March 14th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a patch to resolve issues with the Mirror Universe Event. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

We appreciate your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

How about relay this information to the person who puts the time on the launcher !!!
  • Options
    saudaggelsaudaggel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How about relay this information to the person who puts the time on the launcher !!!

yeah UTC is wrong again... patch is at 14:00 UTC from what the game announce said that it will be in 30min, but it's the same every year when DST is changed in the US ;)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Check you ressource-monitor, see if there is an application "Star Trek Online" (the launcher) and if it actually gets some bandwidth. If there are only some spikes with long breaks between them, then you've got to wait until they fix the patch-server or (like me) use a Proxy/VPN to a location near their patch-server. I managed to get my patch done yesterday.

Will you be able to finish your download before there is a newer version?
    yeah, I once had to use task manager to kill a browser window that had apparently developed a memory leak.

Guess how much THAT slowed the game down? :P It took me 5 seconds just to turn around, and almost a minute to run from the lore terminal at KDF Academy to the Lore guy.... :( But.... killing the errant process fixed it immediately and I didn't even have to restart STO.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do love that they can fix a problem I don't recall having with the game, but the loadout thing looses a weapon of your's and it's still seven days later with only an automated reply.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    edited March 2014
    yeah, I once had to use task manager to kill a browser window that had apparently developed a memory leak.

Guess how much THAT slowed the game down? :P It took me 5 seconds just to turn around, and almost a minute to run from the lore terminal at KDF Academy to the Lore guy.... :( But.... killing the errant process fixed it immediately and I didn't even have to restart STO.

We are not talking about the same thing... Except your browser and game are running on the patch-server :eek:

It's simple: Patch-server overloaded, nobody gets the map-data, not for the new Mirror Event, not a mission-map and not Quarks' Bar or the rest of DS9, if you need to update/download/patch the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    saudaggel wrote: »
    yeah UTC is wrong again... patch is at 14:00 UTC from what the game announce said that it will be in 30min, but it's the same every year when DST is changed in the US ;)

Normally when it goes to BST then I misread the time. Not long now until it does.
  • Options
    sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    doalxk wrote: »
    Yesterdays time started on time, the forums clocks hadn't been adjusted for DST.

Well we in the UK don't start DST until the last Sunday in March. The launcher, both today and yesterday, said that the server would be coming down at 1500 local time, and it came down at 1400. So someone needs to do some updating of clocks, and it ain't me.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks everyone for your understanding and patience.
    ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    bluehamster68bluehamster68 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just as well I have a few games on my tablet,or I'd have to (gulp) get a life!:D
    "I'm convinced there's intelligent life in the universe-it's simply too intelligent to come to earth"-Arthur C. Clarke
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, it's a good thing that bugs are being addressed swiftly...

However, my attitude to the whole Mirror Universe event can basically be summarized as "I just did a whole lot of repetitive daily grinding, for the anniversary event, I am not doing another one so soon, I don't care if this 'Mirror Hakeev' doff comes with free *%$£^&$s, I'm not doing it." OK, I admit that's a long-ish summary.

So... losing an unexpected chunk of game time, for bug fixes (that should really have been caught before it went live) on an event (that I'm not doing).... All in all, on balance, I'm not entirely a happy bunny here.

(Yes, yes, many of you are doing the event and do want the bugs fixed quick, I know that. To you, I can only say... what are you thinking of? Don't you know that this is all about meeeeeee, dammit? :D )
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    just as well I have a few games on my tablet,or I'd have to (gulp) get a life!:D
    Nice. What games? :)
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pwlaughingtrendy who are u i think u TRIBBLE though the mirrior kill it quick pmsl
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    pwlaughingtrendy who are u i think u TRIBBLE though the mirrior kill it quick pmsl
    Wanted: Somebody to go back in time with me. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

Any chance to drop that quote makes me a happy person. Also, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon again, so that's pretty awesome.
  • Options
    qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks everyone for your understanding and patience.
    ~LaughingTrendy

Look at your post time...your guys' clocks are an hour off again. I'm not even really sure how you've managed that bug since everything pretty much auto adjusts since Y2K...you guys are a special kind of bunch aren't ya...

Plz don't break anything when patching...oh wait, that's like saying don't take our money ROFL

And then it's fixed right after I post lol that's funny...
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... and this again takes over 2hrs in European prime time even when there already was a weekly maintenance yesterday. Swell.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... and this again takes over 2hrs in European prime time even when there already was a weekly maintenance yesterday. Swell.

Get used to it... I'm never happy when it cuts into euro time (especially with time limited events) but to paraphrase a friend 'somewhere in the world, its maintenence time in their prime time'
  • Options
    lauscholauscho Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon again, so that's pretty awesome.
    Pretty happy with the well-needed break from STO. Was getting kind of bored of it for a bit.

And man, I feel for the devs. So much bitterness around maintenance time. I wonder how STO would have worked out if they didn't do their jobs.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Did you just complain about emergency-maintenance and emergency-fixes?!?

I'm not sure if they are fixing the bug I encountered yesterday during Mirror Invasion once: In the endfight we closed all Rifts, but the I.S.S. Sisko opened a Rift to despawn and wasn't able to spawn again.

In the following encounters we chose to leave one Rift open, so the Dread was always able to respawn, we were just 5 people from "DPS-10,000"-channel and higher spawn-camping it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lauscho wrote: »
    Pretty happy with the well-needed break from STO. Was getting kind of bored of it for a bit.

And man, I feel for the devs. So much bitterness around maintenance time. I wonder how STO would have worked out if they didn't do their jobs.

Well, I understand and empathize with the players. We have this really cool event, but we need to put up another patch to make sure there are no bugs. I want the patch to finish too so I can go back to the event.
  • Options
    transwarpspeedtranswarpspeed Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my system idle process is 98 percent my down load speed is 2.5 MB that's right MEGABYTES per second so their is no limitations to the system or internet connection. I do not want to delete local content and re-install it. this is frustrating so pleas don't take offence to my post as now my game is now fubarness.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon again, so that's pretty awesome.
    It's 2:20pm(ish) here in England, and I've just finished a lovely cup of coffee. :)
    Well, I understand and empathize with the players. We have this really cool event, but we need to put up another patch to make sure there are no bugs. I want the patch to finish too so I can go back to the event.
    If I can ask (and more importantly, if you can answer) how do you guys go about testing new missions before they're uploaded to the main servers?

When the newer CE event went live, there were bugs. This new MU event has gone live, there are bugs. :(
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did you just complain about emergency-maintenance and emergency-fixes?!?

it cant be that much of a emergency patch, they would have done it earlier like they have always done and not at this time lol.
  • Options
    park105park105 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any chance to drop that quote makes me a happy person. Also, how is everyone this morning? I have bacon again, so that's pretty awesome.

Nice, not many people know Safety not guaranteed.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lauscho wrote: »

Well, after half an hour of loading-screen with "Patching Files" (nothing really moved), I got bored, too.

I've got coffee, that's awesome, too :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014

Does this fix the indestructible flag ship (http://tinypic.com/r/260bw8y/8 ship wouldn't blow up) while the portals are still open bug, or is the whole portal thing a different bug?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    It's 2:20pm(ish) here in England, and I've just finished a lovely cup of coffee. :)
    You have my immediate attention!

How do you prefer your coffee? I'm a double espresso macchiato girl
This discussion has been closed.