test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance (March 14, 2014) [Completed]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hailing all Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, March 14th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a patch to resolve issues with the Mirror Universe Event. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

We appreciate your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Really hmmm
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Darn, I hoped they shorten it at least somewhat to make it less unbearably dull for people with multiple toons, and more sensible. Pugging it normal you sit and do nothing waiting for a clock to run out for almost half the time.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am totally cool with Trendy, but where is Smirk? :eek:

Pixie Sticks again?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Another 2 and a half hours down during my peak play time. Damn.

Edit: Would have been nice if you could have added in some way to tell if the cooldown was over for the transporters yet though. Same problem the CE event had last year.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is an interesting take on the Mirror idea. I guess it's an ok event. I still miss the ZERG of the old mirror incursion though. Sometimes it's fun to just go out and go full auto.

The wording on the Promo pack DID need clarification. I know of too many people who were buying the Rom pack from the exchange and obviously not getting anything but annoyed.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I for one am glad that they decided to act quickly in squashing a few of the bugs rather than waiting.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I for one am glad that they decided to act quickly in squashing a few of the bugs rather than waiting.

Since this is a limited time event, they obviously have to fix it quick.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WoW 2.5/h jest to put that in why sooooo long

P.S glad at lest it was nepted in the bug fast
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WoW 2.5/h jest to put that in why sooooo long

P.S glad at lest it was nepted in the bug fast

Gotta patch, then test to make sure it works correctly.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank your for promptly addressing the MU issues.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So no fix for the science ship issue being unable to close the rifts during the dreadnaught phase. How long will this take to fix as long as the KDF costume issue?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Know what this means?

Time for an all-shuttle run of mirror event while we still can!
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bryligg wrote: »
    Know what this means?

Time for an all-shuttle run of mirror event while we still can!

I tried to convince my fleet to do this but they were being downers. :(

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So wait... the bug was that the rift closed and the mirror ship was trapped... surely that's a win? :D
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm, what's wrong with shuttles ?

Really ?
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So we had a 3 hour maintenance yesterday, at the wrong time, now we have to put up with another 2.5 hours? Are you cereal? -.-

Look, is it going to work this time, or do you need to take the event down and tribble test it again? In other words, is this going to keep happening? :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    So no fix for the science ship issue being unable to close the rifts during the dreadnaught phase. How long will this take to fix as long as the KDF costume issue?

Never had a problem closing the rifts in my sci ship at any time during the the Mirror event. The only thing that stops the closing is being hit, shooting at something and using abilities. That's my experience, anyway.
    Hmm, what's wrong with shuttles ?

Nothing as long as it's an all shuttle team. In a PUG however it just is not fair on the rest of the team.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So we had a 3 hour maintenance yesterday, at the wrong time for me, now we have to put up with another 2.5 hours? Are you cereal? -.-

There ... fixed it for you ...

Because, you know, not everyone lives where you do. These downtimes happen in the middle of the night for me, so I think they are perfectly timed ... Don't change the timing at Cryptic!!!!
    Look, is it going to work this time, or do you need to take the event down and tribble test it again? In other words, is this going to keep happening? :mad:

Agreed ... I would have thought more Tribble time would have been used, for something that so many players wanted to see return, and particularly for a time gated event ... QA seems to be "Sheeet that'll do ... they'll whinge if it's broked or sumthin'... If it's bad enough, we'll slap a quick fix on it, so it's at least playable ... Now where are the specs for that new C-Store item???"
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Kind of a useless patch, IMHO. Nothing that couldn't have waited until next weeks's patch.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope they are adding an extra day do the calendar to compensate !
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,425 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A 2.5 hour bugfix? Are you folks squeezing in the undine red alerts or something for it to take this long?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Kind of a useless patch, IMHO. Nothing that couldn't have waited until next weeks's patch.
    I think the main reason is they need another maintenance, but can not tell the truth, so we have a tiny patch requring a 2.5 hour downtime in my prime time. Yeah, call me paranoid.
  • Options
    embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Gotta patch, then test to make sure it works correctly.
    Hmm, and I have always wondered what is the TEST server used for. Definitely not for testing it seems.
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From my own personal experience elsewhere, when some (application) systems evolve to become highly complex, they tend to acquire a "standard outage duration"; i.e. the amount of time it takes to (properly) shut down and restart the application in the correct order to account for interdependencies - even if no changes are made. The amount of time it takes to apply changes is then added.

Aside from that, from reading the release notes, it seems reasonable to apply these changes today rather than next week, given the potential impact of not doing so. I'm guessing that someone in management had to give approval for such an "exception"; seems to be the right decision.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So - it appears they've given us a grind, which doesn't work properly, and they have to fix it *now* because it's a time-limited grind.

Oh yeah, and yesterday's downtime started an hour earlier than advertised (2pm instead of the advertised and usual 3pm). I wonder if today's going to be the same?
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Two and a half hours for a patch to fix the MU Event that was released yesterday? :rolleyes:

Do you guys not check content over before you release it? Two and a half hours?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    cyberpapacyberpapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You don't list a workaround for the known issue about the "Powers granted by a space set are not remembered in the power tray when using the loadouts feature." Am I to presume that unequipping one of the sets manually, or all of them and equipping it or them is the workaround to this issue. I suppose I could just try it; but, perhaps a mention of the workaround for known issues (if any) is in order?
    FED Vice Admiral Gervnd USS Singularity
    KDF Commander Inuni IKS Ornovus
    ROM Centurion Aer RRW Scientology :cool:
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Not really, Considering 7/10 pugs failed because somebody closed all the rifts when the ship escaped,(meaning you have to warp out and restart) That's something that really needs to be fixed.

I'm glad it's not the like the 2nd CEE event, We had to wait a week with the mission being basically impossible..
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    zebuleonzebuleon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol 'We will be performing maintenance from the time you wake up until the time you go to work. Sorry for the inconvenience.' :)
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So - it appears they've given us a grind, which doesn't work properly, and they have to fix it *now* because it's a time-limited grind.

Oh yeah, and yesterday's downtime started an hour earlier than advertised (2pm instead of the advertised and usual 3pm). I wonder if today's going to be the same?

Yesterdays time started on time, the forums clocks hadn't been adjusted for DST.
This discussion has been closed.