test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission Broken - "Trapped" *team is investigating*

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sad...... im trapped in the wormhole b4 fighting anyone.... tried dropping the mission, but no luck :-(
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You should probably make a new thread for this as opposed to gravedigging inactive ones. The mods are just gonna close this one down now.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,162 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This bug is under investigation. The only solution to it at the moment is drop the mission, join a pve queue when the pve mission starts it will warp you out of trapped.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are also 2 or 3 more episodes after this one from the same season that are bugged as well, so, maybe you should skip the entire season except the last episode, so you can advance to the next one.

But dont expect cryptic to fix this soon, as these are bugs that should be fixed ages ago but they are not, so i dunno how much time we will need to wait until cryptic decides to fix em. Maybe never.

And btw, the trapped mission is bugged in 2 ways. Some people (like me for example) are allowed to bypass the first bug (the one of the wormhole) but after that, they get stuck in the hirogen ship without nothing to do.

Just go directly to the las episode, trust me..
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    After talking to the Hirogen, a wormhole graphic appeared on either side of my ship bouncing me from one to the other.

Am trapped and cannot continue. Anyone know how to complete or leave this mission so I can continue the Qmendation daily?
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Found a solution to my problem.
    • Exit Game.
    • WAIT 5 Minutes
    • Login
    • Click on the character that is stuck. It should say under your character that your location is the Iota Pavonis Sector. If it does not, exit and wait 5 more minutes.
    • If it does, then click PLAY.
    • You should be outside the system NGC1218. Click on Continue Mission and you will be in the Wormhole.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm in the same boat. I'll try the above solution.

The above situation did work, it just took a bit to get tranfered out of the map.
    Also tried the pve queue and that also worked but tried trapped again and the same scenario played out and I was stuck again.
    edited February 2014
    Easiest solution is to drop mission, join pve queue when pve mission starts you warp out of trapped.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I noticed the title of this thread has been changed ... Any word from a Dev about WHEN exactly it will be fixed?

It's apparently still happening, as one of my Fleeties had the issue yesterday (2nd of Jan.)
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    after successfully scanning all the items in the mission the trap is sprung but the mission will not continue to the next phase of the mission. End up just sitting in a blinding vortex at red alert.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    edited February 2014
    captw wrote: »
    after successfully scanning all the items in the mission the trap is sprung but the mission will not continue to the next phase of the mission. End up just sitting in a blinding vortex at red alert.

It is a known bug. There is already an extensive thread relating to this issue already in place. The dev team are aware and investigating. The only solutions to this thus far is drop the mission, join a pve queue. when the pve mission starts you will warp out. Or the other solution is drop the mission, close down the game, wait roughly 7 to 10 minutes, log back in and you should find yourself back in sector space.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Replaying this mission earlier this evening on my Fed Engie. OK, replay for me, I'm levelling this toon. I'm assuming this mission is one of the ones altered by the latest updates to the lower level content. When the Hirogen sprung the trap, suddenly my ship was plunged into a blueberry-vanilla milkshake. The whole screen turned a creamy white, swirly mess, and occasionally I could see some blue areas, but no detail at all. I tried all kinds of things to get out but only succeeded in moving in a small circle. Nothing ever attacked me, I was just stuck. Finally after about 10 minutes I had to exit, and I haven't logged back in.

I gotta think this is a bug, or maybe a display problem with my horrendously old computer. Surely this isn't WAI.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Appears I may have found my own answer on the wiki...

The pocket dimension may open up before the Hirogen hail can be answered, preventing continuation of the mission.

:/
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a known bug that he devs are looking into ... There are several posts in the "Bug" section (one very long one) about ti already ... Cryptic will get around to fixing it ... eventually ...

Probably right after they fix the Klingon Armor Slot bug ... Oh, and the Romulan 550Zen to change your Outfit bug ... Oh, and the Borgdassian Death Ray Machines bug ... Oh, and the ... ... ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited February 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    There are numerous threads relating to this mission. The only way to skip it is. Drop it from "in progress" then join a PvE queue like The Cure or something then when that kicks in you will warp out of the mission.

If you get stuck before you can get to the interior of the hirogen ship, yes thats the only way to drop the mission. If you get stuck after you go through the wormhole (so, you are in the part inside the hirogen ship) you can just drop the mission and get out lol.
    edited February 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    It's a known bug that he devs are looking into ... There are several posts in the "Bug" section (one very long one) about ti already ... Cryptic will get around to fixing it ... eventually ...

Do you seriously think, after all this time, that they will fix it??? anyways, im finished with this mission lol, im not going to try it again, even if cryptic fixes it the next week, the next month or the next year. This is not so hard to fix, but ok, if you guys dont want to waste time in this episode its fine, but at least you could remove it from the episode list!!!!!!
  • spodilbunnyspodilbunny Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2014
    right after the third debri field scan,the hirogen hails you,well,suffice to say,i was on my new character "typhoid mary",doing that mission,and when the hirogen hailed me,the wormhole looking thing spawned,and the combat alert went up,and got stuck in the wormhole looking thing,filed a couple of tickets,tryed relogging,tryed /stuck,tryed dropping missio nand relogging,my char is still stuck in the same thing,everytime i log back into it,cant warp out or transwarp out,so,would a teleport out be too much to ask?
  • spodilbunnyspodilbunny Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2014
    seems i was able to purloin a teleport out by using the stf system,did starbase 24,got spawn camped for quite awhile by aboiut 100 npc ships,anywho..problem solved....

side note,the mission "trapped" is on quarantine id dare say
  • aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still broken. Luckily I had the Red Alert Channel added and someone invited me to their fleet map which got me out of the mission.
  • franconiumfranconium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,303,077

Atfer answering the Hirogen hail, I cannot enter the anomaly and progress to the next part of the mission. I have dropped the mission, exited the game client, restarted the client and I am still stuck at the same point, attempting to enter the anomaly.
    edited February 2014
    franconium wrote: »
    Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,303,077

Atfer answering the Hirogen hail, I cannot enter the anomaly and progress to the next part of the mission. I have dropped the mission, exited the game client, restarted the client and I am still stuck at the same point, attempting to enter the anomaly.

You really need to look at the forum more closely. This is a know issue where the team is currently investigating.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=944291&highlight=trapped
  • kurtf12kurtf12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm playing on the trapped mission and I have run into a snag during the smoke signals part of the mission, my ship has become stuck at the bit where you get pulled into the wormhole, it just gets thrown back and forward. I can't exit to sector space as I am at red alert, I have tried dropping the mission, then logging out and back in nothing works. Anyone got any suggestions as if I leave it to crypic I will not be able to use that toon for several months.... I was trying to get it to 50 as quick as possible so I could get the MkXII gear from the featured episode to go with the dyson ship
    edited February 2014
    kurtf12 wrote: »
    I'm playing on the trapped mission and I have run into a snag during the smoke signals part of the mission, my ship has become stuck at the bit where you get pulled into the wormhole, it just gets thrown back and forward. I can't exit to sector space as I am at red alert, I have tried dropping the mission, then logging out and back in nothing works. Anyone got any suggestions as if I leave it to crypic I will not be able to use that toon for several months.... I was trying to get it to 50 as quick as possible so I could get the MkXII gear from the featured episode to go with the dyson ship

It is a known bug, there is a massive thread already on this mission. There are two ways to get out of the mission.

1. Drop the mission, join a PvE, and when that starts you will warp out.

2. Close STO down completely, wait around 7 - 10 minutes, then log bag in and hopefully you will find yourself back in sector space.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kurtf12 wrote: »

Skip the mission.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I suppose another way to get out is to abuse the free event transwarp. Fairly sure that still works under red alert. But yeah, after you get out, skip it unless you want to go back in and see if it's a one-off bug.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014

It is a known bug, there is a massive thread already on this mission. There are two ways to get out of the mission.

2. Close STO down completely, wait around 7 - 10 minutes, then log bag in and hopefully you will find yourself back in sector space.
    Or.... this is similar to #2. swap characters. then swap back I think it'll forget if you don't log as the same char immediately.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kurtf12kurtf12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yea I got a friend to join me on a PvP and when I exited that I was back in sector space thanks :)
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    I suppose another way to get out is to abuse the free event transwarp. Fairly sure that still works under red alert. But yeah, after you get out, skip it unless you want to go back in and see if it's a one-off bug.

Transwarp is not allowed under Red Alert; I tried that when I was stuck in Trapped. I submitted a GM stuck msg and waited 10 min after logging out of toon. The matter was resolved with my toon back in sector space and I skipped this mission.
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No the event transwarp. Where you queue, and then it warps you out automatically.
  • blackdragonu1984blackdragonu1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so how long has this bug not beening fix because i have just walk into it twice first time i was stuck behing debrie and the seconed time after a wile let me back into sector space so thinking i just needed to stay clear of the debie i went in the dam thing and now i am bobing in and out like my ship was floating on water HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPP MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE