test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission Broken - "Trapped" *team is investigating*

Comments

• capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another fix that worked for me on this mission(I ran into this very same bug awhile back) was to have a friend, or ANYone invite you to a PvP match, when you do, it should force you out of the instance, even if you're still stuck in the wormhole's grip; whether or not you actually finish the PvP match, once it's done, you'll find yourself back in Sector Space.... :)
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have this problem now.. I'm being treated like a Yo-Yo.. I can't get through the anomaly. :(

I'll try the queue thing.. hope it will override.
    giphy.gif
  • artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's a bit annoying to do but a easy fix that worked for me was to quit the game fully and stay out for 20 or so minutes before logging back in.

When I did this without dropping the mission or anything and while still stuck, upon re-entering the game I was in orbit around the quests planet and when I resumed the mission it placed me inside the anomaly and I was able to continue the mission normally.
  • ghostalkergrghostalkergr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same here, do i need to do this mission to advance to next ones?
  • rpittrpitt Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In the mission "Trapped" how does one get free of the smoke cloud you are placed in by the Hirogen?
  • rpittrpitt Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In the mission "Trapped" how does one get free of the smoke cloud you are placed in by the Hirogen?
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same here, do i need to do this mission to advance to next ones?

No, you can skip the mission. If you are stuck and can't get out even after quitting the game, then queue for a PvE mission as the others have suggested. Afterwards, you should be back out in sector space.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • boblfoot812boblfoot812 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    March 6, 2014 - This bug still exists. The suggested work around, {i.e. Join and PvE and then return} works fine to bypass the bug point. I bump this as something that should be pinned in a common known issues area until addressed, if ever.
  • boblfoot812boblfoot812 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    March 6, 2014 - This problem still exists. Two known work arounds.

1) Join and complete a PvE. When you come back you can proceed past the trap point. - I have tested and approved this one.

2) Log Off and wait a couple hours, when you log back in you can proceed past trap point.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it's a known bug that Cryptic refuse to acknowledge or fix ... There a dozens of posts in the Bug Forum about this mission ...

Workaround:

Join a PvE queue or STF, such as Stabase Defense or something, and you'll be "warped out"

Once you finish the PvE map, you'll be placed 'outside" the system in Sector Space, you can then either 'skip' the mission or you can try your luck at "continuing" trapped, as some (including me) have found that after clicking "continue" it gets you past the bugged section. ...

DO NOT under any circumstances just enter the system, or you'll be right back where you started.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    it's a known bug that Cryptic refuse to acknowledge or fix ... There a dozens of posts in the Bug Forum about this mission ...

Workaround:

Join a PvE queue or STF, such as Stabase Defense or something, and you'll be "warped out"

Once you finish the PvE map, you'll be placed 'outside" the system in Sector Space, you can then either 'skip' the mission or you can try your luck at "continuing" trapped, as some (including me) have found that after clicking "continue" it gets you past the bugged section. ...

DO NOT under any circumstances just enter the system, or you'll be right back where you started.

Cryptic has not refused to acknowledge this bug. it is currently under investigation

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=944291
    edited March 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    Cryptic has not refused to acknowledge this bug. it is currently under investigation

If you notice, I have also posted in all of those threads (as several were merged by a mod) however, neither a Community Manager, nor a Game Dev has EVER posted in those threads, so their has been no "official" acknowledgement of the issue.

You'll also note that when an official response is provided the [Team is investigating] is in brackets not *asterisk's*.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Ive seen a lot of post from you saying the exact same thing. Now i can say for sure you are a worker from cryptic.

How many times cryptic said they know about this bug or the other? that doesnt matter lol. If they will never have the will to solve some bugs, like this one, it doesnt matter if they say "we are investigating" because thats what they always say. So, in your own words, when cryptic dont say that, it means they are not aware of the other 200 bugs ?? lol. Think on it, its even stupid.

So, for me, they have refused to fix A LOT of bugs, including this one. This sort of bugs can be solved in 30 minutes, but for some reason cryptic cant even fix it, or they dont want to or who knows.

For me, cryptic is refusing to fix more than 75 % of the bugs in the game. Sorry, its a fact.
    edited March 2014
    Its funny how i dont have this issue lol.

On the other hand, as i commented ages ago, i have another bug that affect the mission when you are into the hirogen ship and makes the mission unable to complete. But there is no point to comment anything more about this bugged-forever mission, good luck guys. Im finished with this mission and i will never do it again lol. Not even if they fix it (the day cryptic fix this mission will be epic xD).
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm in a bugged area, and I can't get free.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I assume you have tried the /unstuck command and have tried to beam out.

Now then, can you tell us the specifics about where you are stuck.

B.t.w. there is a section for reporting bugs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just found the old thread on it, I just skipped the episode. They are not gonna fix it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=118458
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    I just found the old thread on it, I just skipped the episode. They are not gonna fix it.

Welcome to Cryptic's little world. :D
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sniper1187 wrote: »

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=118458

It's a strange bug. I have gotten it twice out of 6 characters to run the mission. If you really want to finish it, just log out of that character for 15 minutes, then back in. You should start outside of the system with a continue marker that will put you where the anomaly was supposed to send you when you got stuck. After that, the mission worked fine for me.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2014
    Did that mission not too long ago, no bugs -.- finished it fine.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just got the same bug... Cant do anything.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • briaroakbriaroak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There's a note regarding the "Trapped" mission in http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Trapped

"Should you become stuck, join a PvE quene, and when it is over, leave the map. It should put you in sector space out side the system. "

Worked for me.
  • flynntorveflynntorve Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still broken, as one of my alts is currently stuck in it... pretty good record, 4 years of complaints about a specific mission and it's still glitched...

Don't worry though, they'll just add new content...
  • soverigndeltasoverigndelta Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I require current assistance since I am STUCK in the anomaly in the NGC 1218 map, in the "Trapped" campaign mission on the FED side. (This is the start of the mission after scanning the 3 debris bundles).

The mission progressed normally, but when the Hirogen trap was sprung, my ship got dragged into the path of some debris. At this time the ship was in Red Alert at this time so I was unable to leave the map. I only had the option of using Evasive Manuevers to escape the debris and get dragged to the anomaly.

This causes the mission to bug and not allowed to continue. I have logged out and back in again, I have completely exited and relogged into the game with NO EFFECT. I have also changed characters again to no avail.

I am currently stuck on my Character called Katheryn Delta and could use some GM help to escape it.

I have submitted in game GM support tickets but I could do with some assistance.

****CHARACTER IS NOW RESET, PLEASE NOTE THIS BUG THOUGH****

Thanks
  • captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A couple fleetmates and I got stuck in the very same situation. We found a solution to this mess:
    1. have a fleetmate send you a map invite to the fleet starbase.
    2. go to the transporter room, and select "beam to sector."
    3. you will be place outside of NGC-1218.

Good hunting.
  • soverigndeltasoverigndelta Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the information.

I waited 15 minutes outside the game to then relog into the game to find I was back in Iota Pavonis.

Thanks for the reply :D.

Still that is quite buggy :D
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • patrick702patrick702 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    still bugged. currently stuck in the debris. wth?
    edited March 2014

Yep, been bugged since 2010 and they still haven't done a thing about it, not even an official acknowledgment from a Dev (and yes I've read all the pages on ALL the threads about this mission).

Maybe we need to have a C-Store Token that you can buy for 250Zen to "Escape the Trap"? Seeing as they will fix things if they think there is $$$ in it for themselves.
    edited March 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Yep, been bugged since 2010 and they still haven't done a thing about it, not even an official acknowledgment from a Dev (and yes I've read all the pages on ALL the threads about this mission).

Maybe we need to have a C-Store Token that you can buy for 250Zen to "Escape the Trap"? Seeing as they will fix things if they think there is $$$ in it for themselves.

Funny thing how you complaing about this and then you are so happy and grateful for having a complete new ESD revamped. When cryptic could just invested the time to fix this, for example and the other important bugs that are in the game since ages ago instead of re-design the new ESD that in my opinion it was not necessary. But well, kids will be always kids no matter what. I really dont get you guys.