What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Textures/Icons in season 8 *FIX INCOMING See post 608 page 61*

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dont know if any of you guys contacted PWE support but i figured that 4 months with the problem and atleast a month since a response from cryptic was worth a mention and see what they say or if they have any infomation for us. I explained the problem in detail and the limited communication leaving us in the dark as to what was going on. They replied very quickly and this is what they said:

We understand that most of our players are having graphical issues since the launch of Season 8. I can confirm that we are aware of this issue and we are looking into this.

Here are some workarounds that you may try:

-logging in and logging out of the game

-Avoid from using alt + Tab while playing STO

-Changing the video graphics to above minimum

-Turning on 'Underwater View under Advance Video Settings

Rest assured that we are doing our best to resolve this issue. Please keep an eye on our official website and forum for updates regarding this matter.

I hope some of these suggestions help you guys play the game (logging in and out is a must as we all know so not much help with that one). personally I appreciate the fact that they admited that this is a problem and responed so quickly to my message.

I guess all we can do now is wait and see what happens and Hope this does get resolved soon. Anyway just letting you guys know what the score is at the moment.
    most of our players

Reaaaaaaalllly? They actually said that did they? Guess the issue is larger than we thought eh?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited February 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Reaaaaaaalllly? They actually said that did they? Guess the issue is larger than we thought eh?

nice to hear we aren't the only ones experiencing it since early november when S8 came out, but disappointed to hear it is confirmed to be impacting MOST of their user base.

Better fix it quick, otherwise this game is going to become a ghost town. ;)
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What gets me is the fact they won't even list it as a known issue in the release notes each week, just because they can't replicate it doesn't mean we are all imagining it every time we try and play. I used to play the game every night but now I might log on once a week, and have even started to look at playing SWTOR or Star Citizen.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Happy quarter anniversary everyone (13 Nov 2013 - 13 Feb 2014). This thread started the day after the official S8 launch - in other words after just enough time to have realised "What the smeg is going on with the graphics here?"

Will it be necro'ed by the next quarter mark; still in play; or even worsening - as appears to be the case for S8 -> S8.5?

Stay tuned and find out. We've got tension (will cryptic ever come back with an update?); we've got drama (arrgh my STF just went blank!); we've got roman...ok we don't have romance! Same [every!] time, same server, all week.
  • Options
    admiralfrayaadmiralfraya Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mjarbar wrote: »
    What gets me is the fact they won't even list it as a known issue in the release notes each week, just because they can't replicate it doesn't mean we are all imagining it every time we try and play.

It seems to me that Known Issues list shows Issues that they know what it is even if they dont have a fix for it yet. As for our Issue it seems they know the problem exists but do not know what it is or why and for that reason it doesn't show in the list.
    Perhaps it should have all issues regardless of the situation or maybe the current is fine, I dont know, we all have different opinions. Also they may change that as in my last post i confirmed that PWE is investigating the problem and they stated the scope of this issue is larger than we all believed.
  • Options
    harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It just seems like this is affecting way too many people, has gone on for way too long, and I really can't believe that they haven't even once been able to reproduce this on their end given how common it's become.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    We dont know if they have or have not been able to reproduce the Error since the last word from cryptic was over a month ago and PWE didn't say one way or another, only that they are looking in to the matter. wether that means the problem its self or lack of infomation from cryptic or both remains to be seen but my message to them did contain a segement about the limited communication and how we'd all feel better with a just a quick update. I do find it hard to imagin that after all this time they havn't seen this for them selves given the amount of people this is affecting.
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Shall we begin speculating on why this was moved to the "Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues" forum?

If the person who moved it would like to speak up, I'd love to hear their reasons for doing so, if only because it might mean there was some kind of development on the issue.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    russellca wrote: »
    Happy quarter anniversary everyone (13 Nov 2013 - 13 Feb 2014). This thread started the day after the official S8 launch - in other words after just enough time to have realised "What the smeg is going on with the graphics here?"

Will it be necro'ed by the next quarter mark; still in play; or even worsening - as appears to be the case for S8 -> S8.5?

Shhhhhhh......there's nothing going on. Everything is just peachy! :rolleyes: All is good in Q's Wonderland.
    Now please disperse, nothing to see here!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been having these texture/UI loading issues too, though they also crop up with other problems since Season 8 launched as well.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Shall we begin speculating on why this was moved to the "Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues" forum?

If the person who moved it would like to speak up, I'd love to hear their reasons for doing so, if only because it might mean there was some kind of development on the issue.

This is good piont. I was on the understanding this was a graphical issue not Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues.
    Can someone explain the reason for the Change?
  • Options
    apathycurveapathycurve Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So... this has now officially moved from "Annoying" to "Game-Breaking." The frequency with which this is occurring is now in the <1 hr range. Are you going to fix this Cryptic, or just sweep it under the rug with that giant pile of bugs? I swear you have the WORST quality control of any developer currently in business. Keep up the pace of increasing bugs in this game and you may not be in business much longer.
  • Options
    erenor80erenor80 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have this same issue, and usually closing the client and restarting it "fixes" the situation, since reappearing in the very same zone shows everything correctly.

I wonder if it's a memory issue, since it appears after a while playing..maybe the ram (or the video ram) runs out and the game can't "find" the textures anymore? It sounds funny, but who knows :)
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Was going to post but realised this has been put here to die, since S8 I get 30 minutes before the textures problems happen, there has been a lot of user posting but no DEV response....

I don't like it but I think they don't care/wont fix so we will just have to pit up with it,****s on us........
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It doesn't seem to work every time but sometimes it seems to correct the issue if I quit to the character select, then go into video and disable MXAA or whatever anti-aliasing and then re-enable it and enter the game once again.

I'm also running a 660 card one thing I was thinking is perhaps there's a problem with the automatic per-program settings that come with the nvidia drivers and run when gameclient.exe starts. This wouldn't explain Ati card issues tho unless they use something similar.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    STO...why you do this to me?

http://i.imgur.com/Cu86unE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tpvn5mg.jpg

Please...please stop this. It's maddening.

Edit: Oh yeah I should probably mention. I had some driver issues going on in another game, so I uninstalled and did a clean install of some new drivers. Did nothing for STO as you can see above.

Why

why sto

why
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A thought occurs... Is anyone having this problem while running the game through Steam? I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if there might have been a corrupted file somewhere in the download and I'm curious to know whether or not this problem exists when running the game via Steam.
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Not using Steam. I use ARC, but I've tried running the game from the old launcher which I still have. It doesn't seem to make any difference. Good thought though, I had the same when it came to ARC. Sadly it didn't work out.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    djredhawkedjredhawke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Somehow i guess we (who have this problem) need to be more a d+ck about it.
    I guess we have to make more people aware of this issue, those who play it and those who would start to play it.
    When everyone talks about it Cryptic HAS to fix it.
    I mean when you talking with some one : yea i play sto, and he replies "Oh you mean that game where so many people have this issues?" then cryptic knows that something is really wrong with this game -.-.
    I dont want to start a rebellion against cryptic, but i really want to play this game and not "snow world simulation 2k14".

So yea... btw i still have this issue.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but when you look at these new Dyson Destroyers from far they look like a brightly lighted silhouette of a ship untill you come closer. I have this happening all the time regardless of me experiencing the glitch at that particular moment.

I'm mentioning this because back when LoR was released, there was a similar issue with the wing decoration/ornaments on the Valdore Warbird - they turned brigtly white, just like this glitch. This was fixed back then.
    So it may help someone to know this, assuming that someone is paying attention to this thread and it was not moved here in an attempt to burry the head in the sand and pretend this never happened untill it goes away....which would mean untill all the people experiencing it go away from STO.

I'd just like to add that STO is the only game I'm having this issue with. Interestingly enough, I tried and didn't experience anything similar in NW, which is also a Cryptic game.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This appeared for me right after S8 launch, the few hours before years of no problems.
    Here's a list of what I've done so far.

New ati drivers, the reverted back trying a few different ones,
    Complete uninstall then reinstall with cryptic launcher, arc launch and steam launcher.
    Standard disk cleans, defrag, dusk check etc,
    Checked fire wall and anti virus for conflicts, issues,
    Change in game graphics settings trying each option,
    Started new toons to see if was related to existing toons,
    Shut down any other running program's,

The list goes on and on

No other game I own has this problem.

This no matter what has been said has been put here to die, a GRAPHICS problem across Mac and Windows. If I could ignore the graphics the game still plays underneath, but the graphics curruption makes the game unplayable.

The only time we may see a fix is with the next major upgrade, season launch. The devs don't seem to have the techincal knowledge to fix or even identify where this bug is coming from. The fix if it ever comes will be an accident of a upgrade until then they will just ignore and hope we go away as most people never come down to these sub boards.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Wow just notice 387 posts and only 2 from a dev and 2 from a board moderator, thats customer service:confused:

• Options
    georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dont worry this probably just means "we know you have a problem but we dont have any clue how to fix it" or "we dont have an "easy" way to fix it" or something like that...
    Times like that I m so jealous of some people's quick restarts... :rolleyes:

Add me to the list of people having this problem...
    At first I had the problem only when switching between maps many times, lately I get it even when I stay in the same map for over half an hour or so...

But noticed after the latest patch that some times when I see the first glitches it gets fixed by itself for a while...so maybe it s a first attempt to repair it?? I really hope so...
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried to reproduce the texture glitch on tribble, for some reason it didn't occur for over 30 minutes of heavy instance changing.

on holodeck the the bug manifests within 15 minutes however.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Been off few a few days since windows some how screwed its self Saturday night anyway back now after upgrading my OS. Now I need to redownloading STO and a whooping 7800mb patch, also need to get new graphics drivers. Some old win98 games are running on this OS that failed on my old one so makes me wonder if there will be an improvement in STO but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll let you guys know one way or another.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    OK people I've not had since I got my computer fixed. Not sure whether it was the upgrade of my OS from Vista (32bit) to win 8.1(64bit) or the new graphics drivers, maybe a combination of both but I just played from about 1pm to 7pm(my local time) with out any problems at all. I can say that I haven't changed any hardware at all.

My knowledge of software is limited so you guys might know or have an idea on this but I cant explain it.
    Hope this information helps you and cryptic find a solution.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OK people I've not had since I got my computer fixed. Not sure whether it was the upgrade of my OS from Vista (32bit) to win 8.1(64bit) or the new graphics drivers, maybe a combination of both but I just played from about 1pm to 7pm(my local time) with out any problems at all. I can say that I haven't changed any hardware at all.

My knowledge of software is limited so you guys might know or have an idea on this but I cant explain it.
    Hope this information helps you and cryptic find a solution.

I've also switched from Win 7 32 bit to Win 8.1 64 bit (and also a major motherboard and proc change) and from what I've been seeing over the past few nights is that the problem is still there, albeit very reduced. It takes quite a while for the symptoms to display, but they do eventually.

I've noticed it more in sector space. A distant ship shows missing textures which pop into existence as it or I get closer.

I also experienced the "Icon lag" where my ships equipment did not display for about 4 minutes, just empty place holders.

For the record my specs are:

Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme3
    Processor: AMD FX-6300 6 core
    Memory: 8Gb Ram
    Graphics: Zotac GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition 2GB GDDR5
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    demonpotter99demonpotter99 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I cant believe this issue hasnt been resolved yet. No word from cryptic on this. Whats the point of these forms if the Devs dont reply to what seems to be a major flaw with this game.
  • Options
    jimmyoncejimmyonce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same issue here happens more after season 8.5.
  • Options
    russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    artemisa0k wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to work every time but sometimes it seems to correct the issue if I quit to the character select, then go into video and disable MXAA or whatever anti-aliasing and then re-enable it and enter the game once again.

Logging off and back in again is a long-standing, temporary, workaround for this issue.

As you're quitting to character select prior to making the described setting changes and getting to the character selection screen would logically appear to be -almost- a full logoff (in fact the in game prompt is "….log off this character"), you may want to just try the former and see how it compares.

If there's any major difference between the two, in recovered game-time, then please let us know.