Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would consider buying it for $99.99, since my LTS package was exclusive at its price when I bought it , then everything was offered at a cheaper price..... just saying I considered it at $124. As the price goes up its hard to see the value, also the game has been down so much since the Romulan launch....I have seen the full retail value, but the savings is not enough to make me pounce....

I would like to pounce if the deal was sweet enough, but after the way things go on sale, right shortly after I pay full price.....makes it hard to buy.... just saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redsatyrredsatyr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the Liberated Borg Reman BOFF only redeemable once? I had no issues redeeming it on my Reman toon (redeemed it at Lieutenant), but I can't yet redeem it on my Romulan (only level 5). Or does it perhaps have a level requirement before I can claim for my next character?
  • Options
    triny83triny83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redsatyr wrote: »
    Is the Liberated Borg Reman BOFF only redeemable once? I had no issues redeeming it on my Reman toon (redeemed it at Lieutenant), but I can't yet redeem it on my Romulan (only level 5). Or does it perhaps have a level requirement before I can claim for my next character?

You can buy it for 500 zen. It is NOT unlocked for every toon.
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redsatyr wrote: »

If you buy the legacy pack or the starter pack it is unlocked for every toon, but if you buy it from the zen store in game it has a price of 500 zen and that is only for one item.
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    If you buy the legacy pack or the starter pack it is unlocked for every toon, but if you buy it from the zen store in game it has a price of 500 zen and that is only for one item.

I think you can get it for LIFE time now, I'm not sure but i'm sure you can :)
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think you can get it for LIFE time now, I'm not sure but i'm sure you can :)

Lifetime does not include a lib-borg reman boff.
  • Options
    fubanatorfubanator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bought the starter pack, and want to upgrade to Legacy full pack . Do I get a discount for having owned part of what you get already?:confused:
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gee thanks or starting off the giveaway with a uniform my rommie cant wear.. Thats real white of ya do be so kind..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    commodor1979commodor1979 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    are the ships available to all my Romulan characters or can i only claim them once :confused:
  • Options
    apple1988apple1988 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Took a break of this game, cause it was (eating) alot of money.

Now i saw the new update with romulan etc. I logged in..walked around then i notice that i wont enjoy the game unless i use real-life money.

Be honest, you need ships slots and inventory slots. Fleet modules to get end game ships etc. None of them are cheap.

Unless you farm Dil like 24/7 Sorry i don't want to spend my gaming experience in farming.
    I feel pressure of PWE/Cryptic that i need to spend money on this game.

If i pay Zen items i feel cheated out cause i dint pay for LTS. And its so expensive...why are free to play games these days asking so high amount of money? I used to remember that free to play games that 50-80$/euro was like The most expensive item you can get.

Now prices are going beyond 100 - 10.000.

So long rant short, i am hesitant to play STO cause of the pressure of using real-life money in this game to get 100% enjoyment out of it.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lieutenant, alert Cryptic Command: we have engaged the Necro.

Apple1988, dont post in threads inactive for over a month. This one has been inactive for a month and a half. This thread is probably gonna get locked by an admin some minutes after my post.

As for what you said:
    Nope, Rommies aren't P2W. I have a Fleet Mogai, grinded in like 5 days with EC --> Exchange --> Modules. But the Ha'feh I had before that was also doing one hell of a job.
    My new Rommie is gonna get a Ha'apax, maybe I'll upgrade him to a Fleet D'deridex someday.
    Its not about the ships, its about how you use them.
    As for inventory, delol? I have the silver amount and always keep enough space in my inventory.
    You really can't blaim Cryptic for an issue that is non-existing in my eyes.
    With effort, you can get 100% enjoyment out of every ship. Just take some time to work around its nitpicks. It'll repay itself.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is there a way to play Romulan with a free account (what needs to be brought/enabled) ?
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nothing needs to be purchased in order to play as a Romulan, so long as you have a free character slot.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I bought it and it was worth it, my game changed a lot since then. Totally recommended.
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nothing needs to be purchased in order to play as a Romulan, so long as you have a free character slot.
    Looks like now it worked. Thanks.
  • Options
    asurans2asurans2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just want to ask what happen with the mission to get the odyssey pack :( ?
    I complete all the episodes and my rank is Vice Amiral, I love the Odyssey ship, but is to bad there is no mission to get it :(
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    asurans2 wrote: »
    I just want to ask what happen with the mission to get the odyssey pack :( ?
    I complete all the episodes and my rank is Vice Amiral, I love the Odyssey ship, but is to bad there is no mission to get it :(

The free Odyssey was a very long time ago. It's not longer available. You have to either buy it from the C-store or get the lesser version for 200,000 fleet credits from a T5 shipyard.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What happened to previous Legacy packs/DLC?

I'm assuming that after four years of being around this isn't the first Legacy pack/DLC that the game has had so I expected Steam to be full of old packs on offer but it doesn't list anything that seems to be old.

Did you not have Klingon/Cardassian/Terran etc legacy packs or are the packs strictly time limited and after a set time they are discontinued and the contents move into the C-store?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    What happened to previous Legacy packs/DLC?

I'm assuming that after four years of being around this isn't the first Legacy pack/DLC that the game has had so I expected Steam to be full of old packs on offer but it doesn't list anything that seems to be old.

Did you not have Klingon/Cardassian/Terran etc legacy packs or are the packs strictly time limited and after a set time they are discontinued and the contents move into the C-store?

Nope, there aren't any others. LoR is the first expansion STO has had.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Nope, there aren't any others. LoR is the first expansion STO has had.

Oh wow, took a while to get the first expansion pack out then didn't it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh wow, took a while to get the first expansion pack out then didn't it :D

Heh, yeah. Let's just say that STO has had an...interesting past.

The very, very short version of it is that the game suffered greatly under Cryptic's old owners, Atari. Atari didn't understand MMOs at all and didn't let Cryptic develop the game properly after it's release. It wasn't until Cryptic was bought by PWE that the game really took off. It was...pretty brutal there in the beginning.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    tannertrekktannertrekk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This was very helpful. Thank you!
  • Options
    andris2014andris2014 Banned Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is possible to make money advertising the following link - http://inx.lv/dHm

This is not too difficult way to earn extra income and do not also need to go away from home the only necessary to have a computer and the Internet.

As one of visitors it is possible to earn up to 12 cents Personally I think it is very much pleased to visit; 1.

Check out this link to understand that you had to advertise the emergence of such interests.

If you want to try it then email me at normis-lvl@inbox.lv email I will send you the address where you can register to start earning. Register for your account right away will have 5 dollars - minimum payout is $ 10.
  • Options
    haradam333haradam333 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey!

Sorry if a made my reply at the wrong place but I have to ask, can I play with an unlocked federation ship if I unlock this ship with my romulan character on the same account but with a different [fed] character? Example: My VA federation character has a free token star cruiser, is the assault cruiser will available to play with? Or is this only working with the C store ships?

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    haradam333 wrote: »
    Hey!

Sorry if a made my reply at the wrong place but I have to ask, can I play with an unlocked federation ship if I unlock this ship with my romulan character on the same account but with a different [fed] character? Example: My VA federation character has a free token star cruiser, is the assault cruiser will available to play with? Or is this only working with the C store ships?

This is the wrong place but I'll try and answer.

The tokens you receive from levelling up are character-specific. Whatever you claim on one character doesn't carry over to another.

Also specific to your case are two other things:

1) Romulans cannot claim any Federation (or KDF) ships using tokens while levelling up. All they can do are use non-T5 (read: before level 40) Fed C-Store ships, or buy the non C-Store ships with dilithium. For level 40 and above, Romulans can only use Romulan faction or purple boxed ships.

2) Nowadays we have an abundance of cheap T5 Mirror Ships available to all 3 factions, making your level 40 free ship choice pretty inconsequential. If you aren't happy with your choice, look in the exchange for a mirror ship which suits you better. In the Star Cruiser/Assault Cruiser case, the Mirror Star and Mirror Assault emulate their counterparts exactly, with only a ship model and crew amount change. For the KDF and Republic, layouts change slightly on mirror versions.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    haradam333haradam333 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is the wrong place but I'll try and answer.

The tokens you receive from levelling up are character-specific. Whatever you claim on one character doesn't carry over to another.

Also specific to your case are two other things:

1) Romulans cannot claim any Federation (or KDF) ships using tokens while levelling up. All they can do are use non-T5 (read: before level 40) Fed C-Store ships, or buy the non C-Store ships with dilithium. For level 40 and above, Romulans can only use Romulan faction or purple boxed ships.

2) Nowadays we have an abundance of cheap T5 Mirror Ships available to all 3 factions, making your level 40 free ship choice pretty inconsequential. If you aren't happy with your choice, look in the exchange for a mirror ship which suits you better. In the Star Cruiser/Assault Cruiser case, the Mirror Star and Mirror Assault emulate their counterparts exactly, with only a ship model and crew amount change. For the KDF and Republic, layouts change slightly on mirror versions.

Thanks for the fast answer and for this mirror solution :) And once again sorry for the wrong place for the post :)

Sorry again for the w
This discussion has been closed.