What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're doing our final checks now! We'll have you back in-game shortly (12-17 minutes)!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm honestly curious how long this run's gonna last.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    plus when i said q i dont mean the one we see all the time thats q jr. i mean the real q the trouble maker the one who is the best q of all the q's
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're doing our final checks now! We'll have you back in-game shortly (12-17 minutes)!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hopefully the uptime will last this time. Thanks for the repair work.
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    theres is ive never seen it

the only ones i know of are

the ghost guys cant rember there name.
    the dominion
    the breen
    worf story
    the temporal impassdor one
    and now the tim ross 1

i know theres another but i know its not q.

yeah? then whats this?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    probably various loads, but ideally 100% capacity load to make sure it performs as expected. then again it may actually have nothing to do with that and possibly something like a tripped wire, and getting a new one takes hours of red tape and an engineer from the local reputable service to replace for all i know.

Yeah, that and granted, I would imagine that Holodeck's coding is probably vastly different from Tribble's coding. Meaning that no matter what there's going to be some issues. I'm mostly just trying to understand a little more about the process going on behind the 'graphics' while getting an open area answer of some kind so that everyone can see it.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Charge people ZEN to login on launch day

;)
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The server has been down nearly all day... Hopefully they'll toss on a patch in the meantime. No sense in coming back online really until they do so since the 8.5 bugs were so bad.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    I'm honestly curious how long this run's gonna last.

Well, if it's longer than 15 minutes, we're making progress :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Nothing can predict server loads when thousands hit at the same time.

But anyone who can predict the weather in Death Valley can predict STO's status immediately after a heavily-advertised major update!

-ba-dum-tish!- ;)
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    karystakarysta Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Always have to laugh when I see people complain about a game server being down. I just got back from a long work day and was looking forward to playing, it is irritating, but it's part of the game. I have played many games online since the early days of EQ. I have yet to play a game that doesn't experience downtime, especially around patches and big events.

STO's server issues aren't unique. Besides, seeing how your friends and fleetmates handle downtime on the forums gives you a better understanding of who they are... or at the least, give you some entertainment. :D
  • Options
    acemack1977acemack1977 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so on the load screen it says season8.5 is live correct me if im wrong but with the servers down season 8.5 is not live..............used to be pay to play now its.............. PRAY TO PLAY
  • Options
    shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't log into Steam either, are we sure it isn't a problem with the US web in general not just the STO servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If it'll be enough to use all my keys, I'll call it a day :)
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This isn't some kind of backward Scotty repair estimate thing, is it?

He multiplied by a factor of four. You're not dividing, are you?
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captain's Log, Stardate 91686.46. We just got a report from the senior engineer and he promises the system will be operational in another fifteen minutes.

I hope he's right...the natives are getting restless. And they've got phasers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    IF the server goes on holiday again, we want blood BLOOOOOOD
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Something to have a laugh about when 5th Anni goes live without a hitch, hey?
  • Options
    ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, that and granted, I would imagine that Holodeck's coding is probably vastly different from Tribble's coding. Meaning that no matter what there's going to be some issues. I'm mostly just trying to understand a little more about the process going on behind the 'graphics' while getting an open area answer of some kind so that everyone can see it.

Well Tribble constantly gets wiped. Holodeck after 4 years with updates piled on top of updates ends up looking like spaghetti coding.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    This isn't some kind of backward Scotty repair estimate thing, is it?

He multiplied by a factor of four. You're not dividing, are you?

I thought Scotty always doubled his time estimates, not quadrupled them... then again I might be remembering 'The Engineer's Rule' wrong... :D
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    asphyxiaactualasphyxiaactual Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captain's Log, Stardate 91686.46. We just got a report from the senior engineer and he promises the system will be operational in another fifteen minutes.

I hope he's right...the natives are getting restless. And they've got phasers.
    Hey look a comedian.

An actually good comedian...
    We Are The Borg. Lower Your Shields And Surrender Your Ships. Your Technological And Biological Distinctiveness Will Be Added To Our Own. You Will Adapt Yourself To Service The Collective. Our Survival Is Your Survival. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.
  • Options
    cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Actually no it hasn't. He posted at 3:24pm PST that it'd be 60 minutes. So they still have around 20 minutes ;)

And once again, it doesn't matter how much testing is done. Nothing can predict server loads when thousands hit at the same time.

I disagree there is server software benchmarks that can load test the performance based off of the baselines of 1 user = x cputime - x bandwith x memory x ports etc etc etc its just simple math after that. Problem is if you didnt run it you dont know what it can handle - hence it will crash and you have to use a crystal ball to guess what the magic load is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    plus when i said q i dont mean the one we see all the time thats q jr. i mean the real q the trouble maker the one who is the best q of all the q's
    He probably messes with his kid more than he ever messed with anyone else.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so on the load screen it says season8.5 is live correct me if im wrong but with the servers down season 8.5 is not live..............used to be pay to play now its.............. PRAY TO PLAY

That's a great idea! Praying is cheaper than Paying...
  • Options
    enterprise07enterprise07 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Look, I've seen STO patches... Every. Week. And those are just minor bugfixes. And I bet you guys have been playing a LOT longer than I have. So you should be used to the patches. Oh, It takes a lot longer for a content revamp. Well, duh. But STOP COMPLAINING.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Charge people ZEN to login on launch day

;)

*frantically waves arms to draw attention away from the post that... is quoted in this... nevermind, anyway* NO! Under no circumstances do this! It's a tribble idea that can only possibly result in the meltdown of the space time continuum! O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    taloslepaltaloslepal Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It could be worse...just imagine where we would be if Perpetual Entertainment would have somehow strung investors along for another 4 or 5 years.
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so the final checks are in progress now. question is what made it crash to begin with. has that been adressed and corrected? and will the server handle the load now? soo many variables. only time will tell.
    give us some good news bran. were all awaiting with baited breath. and maybe a side of halitosis.
  • Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Must be using a Gallifreyan method of telling time cause it's been more then the 60 minutes previously stated.

And who said there was no cross over from Doctor Who into Star Trek
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    *frantically waves arms to draw attention away from the post that... is quoted in this... nevermind, anyway* NO! Under no circumstances do this! It's a tribble idea that can only possibly result in the meltdown of the space time continuum! O.O

Yet by quoting it you brought even more attention to it

gg
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
This discussion has been closed.