test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Uh, no.

If it were EQUIVALENT to the C-Store/Z-Mart ship, they wouldn't be releasing a C-Store 3 Pack 10 Console, + unique console version in about a month.
    I said A Z-store ship, not the 3-pack. 3-pack ships are always fleet grade and better than regular z-store ships. This is equal to a regular z-store ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's not a free ship. Free would've been if it followed the mechanic set in place in the prior years. "Free ship" is a lie to disarm you and make you feel okay with what is really a case of making you work for it, or pay. Just so you can pay again for a better version in about a month's time. Which to remind you, if you don't get the 'free' version, you can't get the most of.
    yeah, this IS the equivalent of a Z-store ship. It doesn't actually have a unique console, but it does come with a unique secondary deflector.

See, this is why this grind event is racketeering. They easily could've put the deflector and cores in the FE rewards lists and kept this ship like prior years, by choice they made not one, but two set pieces come with it. That is a problem which wouldn't have existed if they hadn't intentionally created it to forced people into doing as they want.

And to remind you, if these were C-store ships, they would be 20-25 dollars. If you dump in strait lobi? That 'free' store quality ship reaches the comparative 200 dollar potential of a Fleet-grade 'Ultra Rare' Lockbox Ship. Even with the 400 collectables from the first FE run, which should've just awarded the ship like prior years, you can come close to 200 dollars with bad luck on opening boxes, and then the event token packs.
    I really don't get why people act like this is somehow different than the holiday ships.... those require more repetitions, and have less features.

Those were also Fleet-Grade ships, these are not. You weren't grinding for over half a month, or dumping in over a hundred dollars of lobi into a ship that was going to be replaced in a month. Even more-so, the fact that those replacements will require gear pieces, not consoles, but gear pieces that compose the final parts of two different sets were locked to acquiring this ship make it very different. Not just compared to prior Anniversaries, but to the Summer and Winter events as well, this hybrid exists to try to extort the maximum profit from players rather than reward them for keeping this game alive.
    So? the Z-store upgrade is optional.

As it has been in years prior, however as denoted above, this year you have to grind for the 'freebie'. Even if you plan on getting the 3-pack, as there are two sets that are going to be incomplete without the T5 version, most heinously including the C-stores console set. Grind and Pay.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My first video is up covering the 4th year anniversary, Intro to Season 8.5

Got a lot more to cover, next I'll be recording the QMendation daily and such. Then I'll play the Featured Episode Mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6t3UvVzFi4&feature=share&list=UUn4zU6WXABPUvmUOpluwbTw
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So? the Z-store upgrade is optional.

you asked how its different and I told you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i played up to the ship before the game crashed and it seems the ship we are girding for is the z store one it had all the listed ability's. as for a extra console and slightly better hull that probably will be the one that's released a month from now probably some extra ability but really the ships has lots stock.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And now the server just went Puff!!! :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The amount of butterflies is too few!

We demand More Butterflies! And doves! They didn't release any doves! Balloons! We want Big Red Balloons! ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Just being a wanna-be comedian. If y'all have been reading this thread, you know where I stand on this so I won't repeat myself.)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »

So that's where the butterflies went...
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    So that's where the butterflies went...

No, I think the wiki pasting idiots crashed the server by copying the entirety of wikipedia over into the STO chatbox....
    I need a beer.

• terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »

No doubt they will eagerly tout it to be due to the largest turn out ever, and that it overwhelmed the servers. And not at all due to a likely code fault. :rolleyes:
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If only the devs listend to us but NOOOOOOO!!
  • scolouscolou Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are left over commendations from the event just junk? not even a Q Store???
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    If only the devs listend to us but NOOOOOOO!!

That remains to be seen. There's no way they could just put the brakes on this current ship and its implementation, they likely spent a lot of time on money on how it is now. We'll have to see how the 5th anniversary pans out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkuang13jkuang13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Guess I'll just say it here since every other thread is disappearing...

You guys are merging completely unrelated threads together, making it difficult to actually communicate. The one talking about different paths was not a bug-reporting thread but rather talking about how to access all parts of the featured episode.
    [SIGPIC]Working as intended.[/SIGPIC]
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    scolou wrote: »
    Are left over commendations from the event just junk? not even a Q Store???

Hold onto them. Apparently they'll be useful "in the future".

So yay for the inevitable 5th Anniversary Grind.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love STO and I understand that PWE and Cryptic have to make money or there's no way to keep this amazing game going.

That said, the grinding has gotten out of control ... and made all the more obvious by the anniversary "giveagrindaway" of the new science destroyers.

Here is what I'd like to suggest: Build a new mechanic in the game that reduces the amount of grinding you have to do if you are a lifetime subscriber OR if you spend "X" amount of cash on Zen each month.

Sure, make the F2P players grind until they are blue in the face ... they are getting a free game and the least they can do is "pay" with their time in the game. But the players who are padding PWE's pockets with real cash shouldn't be stuck doing the same amount of mindless, frustrating grinding that the F2P players are doing.

Let the flaming begin.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to disagree with you.

But i'm in a bad mood with Cryptic's decisions. So right now, I don't.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love STO and I understand that PWE and Cryptic have to make money or there's no way to keep this amazing game going.

That said, the grinding has gotten out of control ... and made all the more obvious by the anniversary "giveagrindaway" of the new science destroyers.

Here is what I'd like to suggest: Build a new mechanic in the game that reduces the amount of grinding you have to do if you are a lifetime subscriber OR if you spend "X" amount of cash on Zen each month.

Sure, make the F2P players grind until they are blue in the face ... they are getting a free game and the least they can do is "pay" with their time in the game. But the players who are padding PWE's pockets with real cash shouldn't be stuck doing the same amount of mindless, frustrating grinding that the F2P players are doing.

Let the flaming begin.

What you're asking is not pay to reduce grind, it's free reduction of grind. Lifers get lots of free benefits, this happens to not be one of them.

You can spend lobi to reduce grind.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree with OP. If you have a job there's no way you can keep up with things if you want to get and test new stuff. There's way too many things by now. Sure you can shortcut a lot of it but at the price of hundreds of dollars. And frankly that's too much.
  • onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014

Let the flaming begin.

In this case you can in fact pay your way out of the grind. Spend some cash on keys, open some lockboxes, use your Lobi and your done.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    I agree with OP. If you have a job there's no way you can keep up with things if you want to get and test new stuff. There's way too many things by now. Sure you can shortcut a lot of it but at the price of hundreds of dollars. And frankly that's too much.

Then you don't want it badly enough.

That's the ftp model. A few chumps have to pay a lot so that rest don't have to.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if you are a lifetime subscriber

Nope, you guys have milked more than your fair share of monies worth over the years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited January 2014
    In this case you can in fact pay your way out of the grind. Spend some cash on keys, open some lockboxes, use your Lobi and your done.

You say that like it's a good thing.
  • robobigtimerobobigtime Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lobi and Zen. That's what I do.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am a lifetimer and I think this idea is horrible.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so your saying that I should be penalised because i dont have time to grind, ye cos thats fair, some of us have to go out to work and earn money, we dont all just play on the game all day everyday.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »

That's the price you pay for being an adult. All the fun stuff you enjoy, you never have time for anymore. Everything is just work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep.

Barney the Dinosaur did not prepare us for this never ending torment.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited January 2014
    But the players who are padding PWE's pockets with real cash shouldn't be stuck doing the same amount of mindless, frustrating grinding that the F2P players are doing.

this is certainly true. the idea is that people who have already paid can just pay more though, because we have infinitely deep pockets. so buy more keys for lobi. I don't think its all that fair myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solarisrunesolarisrune Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I must admit I love STO and there are some things that get me frustrated. I must spend around 400.00 a month just to help support the game and get some of the elite items. But come on people, shouldn't life time membership have some perks. I have to agree that some sort of mechanics must be put in the game for lifers like myself. If I am spending cash vs. those who don't. And why should I have to grind as hard as those who really don't support the game. Something to think about.: :)
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    topset wrote: »
    Nope, you guys have milked more than your fair share of monies worth over the years.

I wouldn't object to abandoning the idea that a grind reduction be part of the lifetime subscriber perks -- I suggested it mainly just because it is still one way that people are spending real money in the game.

That said, I still think it's wrong for PWE to collect cash from players who spend real money in the game every month and still expect those same players to grind as if they are F2P players.

Not only am I a lifetimer, but I spend a set chunk of every paycheck on Zen ... and there are a lot of players like me in the game. I'm doing my taxes now and I added up everything I spent on STO in 2013 and it got into the 5-digit range. I don't regret any of it because I work hard for a good salary and STO is my main entertainment expense ... and I still have enough money to pay my bills.

Still, when people spend that kind of cash on STO then I think it's fair for PWE to say, "Thank you for helping us pay our bills. You don't have to grind quite as much as the people who pay us zip."
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.