test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In next year anniversary the free ship will be sold to us on Zen money. 2500 Zen for next year "Free" ship. :eek::D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    In next year anniversary the free ship will be sold to us on Zen money. 2500 Zen for next year "Free" ship. :eek::D

Don't give them any ideas, but then again, they also almost never listen to us players, so... :D
    ###################
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These are purposely gimped ships and the only way to give them any potential is to spend a lot of money. And it's not a "free" ship if you have to earn it by repeating the same grind for 15 days. It's not free. While I'm disappointed they're not using the same system they did for the 3rd anniversary, I can deal with the fact that they've decided to change it to make some money. Fine. Just be honest about it. This gesture of appreciation is about hooking people onto these ship and getting them to fork over big bucks to get the premium version. You don't appreciate someone by getting them to spend money. I mean, really.

But this shouldn't be as much a problem next year since everyone's expectations will be considerably lower.

Luckily, the Fed version is rather unattractive, so I'll be flying around in my new, beautiful Wells science ship instead. :D

It should have been done like they did with the Oddy. Play a nice, well made FE, get your ship and go home, adding the uprated C-store versions later on. Instead now they got you jumping through hoops for the pile of junk AND having to by the C-store packs to finish off the set pieces. So instead of "thank you for supporting STO" its now "eat this worm on the hook you suckas!".

Anyway like I said, I'll play the FE cause Im a fan of Tim Russ and I want to see his char and voice over in STO. We are already besting ELITE end game content in 5 mins these days with gear we already have, I dont need more gear piled up in my already maxed out limited bank space collecting dust.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...did someone mention cake?

To further stretch the analogy, this 'anniversary' is more inviting people over to your birthday party, then telling them if they want cake they'll have to bake it for themselves - but the cake comes in four parts you have to make individually as the oven is too small and the filling will take a fortnight to make, doing a tiny piece per day

....want to get the filling faster? pay the birthday boy/girl for the ability to reduce it by increments!

...but then..

wait! its just a bare cake - if you want a complete cake, you now have to buy the icing... but hold on Bucko! its a birthday cake so you need to buy the candles and the decorations at the same time as only buying one will not let you get the full cake!

..Still...at least you know have the full ca-

...oh the candles, icing and decoraions are the wrong colour? well, you need to buy two more three packs of 'cake completion' to get everything!

-head explodes and the party is cancelled-
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Stop complaining and pick up your FREE ships.
    I would if I thought it was worth the time investment. It's not. And I like flying science ships.
    edited January 2014
    Originally Posted by vorga113
    ""Love" the anniversary event, it the equivalent of inviting people over to your birthday party and then telling them if they want cake, they'll have to bake it themselves."

It feels more like instead of bake your own cake, go and buy your own ingredients, pay me a fee for using my kitchen, my utensils, my pots, my electricity, my oven and at the end you have to buy the cake from me.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bignutter wrote: »
    In Previous Years, you've been able to get Free Level 40 ships with no consoles for a limited time, with a Level 50 ship with Consoles in C-Store or No-Console Fleet version Later.

This time we're getting a new ship with a new Consoles. In otherwords we're getting a Free C-Store ship, not a Free ship when like we were leveling up.

And this time we're getting a new ship with no special consoles for a limited time, and the special consoles come on the C-store versions that will be released next month. :rolleyes:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1086771
    Dev Blog wrote:
    In late February (next month), we?ll be releasing a 3-pack C-Store bundle of each factional Dyson Science Destroyer, and each of those ships will feature a fantastic new console, in addition to upgraded stats, including a 10th console slot. Equip all 3 consoles on one of the upcoming, C-Store Dyson Science Destroyer variants,

Your claim and reality seem to be at odds. I'm betting on posted reality winning, however. Sorry.

It feels more like instead of bake your own cake, go and buy your own ingredients, pay me a fee for using my kitchen, my utensils, my pots, my electricity, my oven and at the end you have to buy the cake from me.

Well...and you have to do all that running and fetching 15 times, then you get a piece of the 15th cake. ;)
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The special items on this ship are the warp core and the secondary deflector. The later they need to give since there are no other ones in game now.
  • darkpendorasdarkpendoras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well that is horrible, more grind for the mindless huh?

Maybe i will do it, depends on how it looks and what its options are but otherwise, no thanks.
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yup, the community team just isn't doing their job anymore.

They say "we're listening to your feedback" in order to placate us and make us think they actually are. It's an attempt to make us think there's hope. However, that phrase means nothing without a follow up.

The reason they don't come back and tell us what the result was is because the community team simply doesn't give a damn about our feedback.
    edited January 2014
    I still don't understand the devs here, if you ask for feedback use it, happy customers, happy inve$$$$tment.
  • redbergguardianredbergguardian Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the bigger issue I now have with this event is the fact the community managers did nothing but spew out meaningless platitudes.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the bigger issue I now have with this event is the fact the community managers did nothing but spew out meaningless platitudes.

Don't sell them short- I'm certain that before it's over, they will...

uh...

...spew out even more meaningless platitudes. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2014
    Are platitudes related to platypus, are they family? :D
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014

"its free because zen can be bought with dil that you can get from dailies. thats not even work, its a treat to you guys!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    wrenfu wrote: »
    "its free because zen can be bought with dil that you can get from dailies. thats not even work, its a treat to you guys!"

Now you did it, you gave them an idea. :eek: :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In Previous Years, you've been able to get Free Level 40 ships with no consoles for a limited time, with a Level 50 ship with Consoles in C-Store or No-Console Fleet version Later.

This time we're getting a new ship with a new Consoles. In otherwords we're getting a Free C-Store ship, not a Free ship when like we were leveling up.
    yeah, this IS the equivalent of a Z-store ship. It doesn't actually have a unique console, but it does come with a unique secondary deflector.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2014
    while I appreciate new content, its new content that was going to be added anyways because its a new ship to sell in their store which they have to do to make any money from the game. I just don't get why they have to put the "gift" version behind a time wasting daily involving Q breaking the 4th wall. whats wrong with blowing up a few ships a day instead? I think thats why most of us play in the first place, not to laugh at Q's oh so hilarious so randum xD jokes

The argument I hear is "its free, you cant complain" but clearly you can, and people have. so that should say something.

to reiterate: new ship in the c-store to fund their development and make money because theyre a business isn't a big deal. placing "free" content behind mindless dailies is a deal. and apparently one a few people care about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Well then no wonder they're giving it out, if this ship was on the C-Store no one would buy it.
    edited January 2014
    Honestly who is going to buy T-1, T-2 or T-3 ships, no ONE, you get those just leveling. Make the C-Store ships T-4 and T-5 and get rid of the rest.
    edited January 2014
    Honestly who is going to buy T-1, T-2 or T-3 ships, no ONE, you get those just leveling. Make the C-Store ships T-4 and T-5 and get rid of the rest.

those ships tend to come with special consoles any ship can use or level scaling equipment, which in the end is exactly what people buy them for. they also unlock seperate skin options for customization
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I think this is the biggest travesty of the thread.

The community team is NOT doing it's job. It's supposed to communicate with the players, not dole out placating remarks and then act like everything's sunshine and butterflies in the world of STO. The amount of butterflies is too few!
    edited January 2014
    while I appreciate new content, its new content that was going to be added anyways because its a new ship to sell in their store which they have to do to make any money from the game. I just don't get why they have to put the "gift" version behind a time wasting daily involving Q breaking the 4th wall. whats wrong with blowing up a few ships a day instead? I think thats why most of us play in the first place, not to laugh at Q's oh so hilarious so randum xD jokes

The argument I hear is "its free, you cant complain" but clearly you can, and people have. so that should say something.

to reiterate: new ship in the c-store to fund their development and make money because theyre a business isn't a big deal. placing "free" content behind mindless dailies is a deal. and apparently one a few people care about.
    I really don't get why people act like this is somehow different than the holiday ships.... those require more repetitions, and have less features.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited January 2014
    I think this is the biggest travesty of the thread.

The community team is NOT doing it's job. It's supposed to communicate with the players, not dole out placating remarks and then act like everything's sunshine and butterflies in the world of STO. The amount of butterflies is too few!
    they told you the truth about what the event is. Obviously that's not what you wanted to hear, but the event's nature has already been decided.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited January 2014
    I really don't get why people act like this is somehow different than the holiday ships.... those require more repetitions, and have less features.

those are extra special because theres no "full" version on the c-store, with the unique feature added to it

this is the same as the oddy or obelisk which got an advanced version later, not at all like the risian or breen ship
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    those are extra special because theres no "full" version on the c-store, with the unique feature added to it

this is the same as the oddy or obelisk which got an advanced version later, not at all like the risian or breen ship
    So? the Z-store upgrade is optional.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well then no wonder they're giving it out, if this ship was on the C-Store no one would buy it.

Actually I would have, I was holding back a portion but now I have to actually go thru the daily process and wait sigh. I might buy some keys tho and get the ship that way and not worry about it :)
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yeah, this IS the equivalent of a Z-store ship. It doesn't actually have a unique console, but it does come with a unique secondary deflector.

Uh, no.

If it were EQUIVALENT to the C-Store/Z-Mart ship, they wouldn't be releasing a C-Store 3 Pack 10 Console, + unique console version in about a month.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
    edited January 2014
    Uh, no.

If it were EQUIVALENT to the C-Store/Z-Mart ship, they wouldn't be releasing a C-Store 3 Pack 10 Console, + unique console version in about a month.

I really wish it would have been released today honestly because I was ready to buy it now.
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Source?

/10char

LMAO Seriously? you're kidding right? I'm terrible at keeping up with the announcements and even I found it! /picardfacepalm