test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #45

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    I for one think this is FANTASTIC!! Making these 10 console ships available in the cstore is a dream come true for me as I just can't do the mini-Qs grind. I would much rather pay $50 any day to have these account wide unlocks. BRAVO.

My only question is are there going to be 3 _ three packs? As in a 3 pack of 3 fed versions, 3 Romulans versions, and 3 KDF versions?

Yes, so 9 ships total, 3 for each faction.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can we at least know if the "Solanae Overcharged Warp Core and Singularity Core" that come with anniversary destroyers can be equipped on other ship classes?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ruinsfate wrote: »
    -Do you have to buy the pack for each faction? (I doubt this, $150?!)

I'm not ... not anymore ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's up to you, that's why we wanted to be up transparent about it in the blog. If you get both, you'll get a special 4-piece bonus, as mentioned in the blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon ... Are we looking at one bundle with the ships for all three factions or three bundles ... one for each with three ship variants for each faction?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    these ships + the mission rewards will be a full set on it's own.

the C-store versions have another set of their own that you can combine? with the one above.

also read "visit the Lobi Store and pick up an Annivesary Qmendation Package for 5 Lobi, which will contain between 10 and 20 Qmendations to add to an active Anniversary Ship Project."

so atleast you'll get between 10-20 instead of 4-6 like the winter event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Being transparent about a decision made specifically to coerce players to not only grind content they don't want to grind, but also to spend money on top of it to get optimal results doesn't in any way make the decision any less terrible.

Bottom line Bran: this anniversary event is not going to be perceived as a thank you to the fans. It's going to be perceived as the most blatant grab for their wallets that Cryptic and PWE have done to date.

I could not agree more, sadly.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's up to you, that's why we wanted to be up transparent about it in the blog. If you get both, you'll get a special 4-piece bonus, as mentioned in the blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Unless this bonus is going to turn my ship into a magical flying god, I doubt that it's really worth the grind. Seriously, I don't think you guys thought this through very well.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't be bothered to grind all that and then also buy the "gift" ship from the C-Store to get all the bonuses.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like a lot of effort has gone into this anniversary event, and the associated rewards. Lots of options for those who want to replay. :)
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    So, basically... we're to grind a boring daily for 15 days "on all of our characters" to get an inferior ship, and then spend 50-150$ on upgraded versions that are coming out next month (as I assume there will be three bundles with three ships each...)

Or you could just, y'know, not do any of it.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Can we at least know if the "Solanae Overcharged Warp Core and Singularity Core" that come with anniversary destroyers can be equipped on other ship classes?

Yes. The M/AM version of this item can be equipped on any ship that uses a M/AM core, and the Singularity version (which comes in the Romulan variant) can be used in any Warbird.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Man, the more I look at that Fed. ship - the uglier it gets. From this angle it looks like a snail. :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    drtassadar wrote: »
    I really hate grinding for 2 weeks for a ship I wouldn't want if I didn't have OCD. I don't even like science ships, but I'm going to be forced to get the ship or go mad as my OCD yells at me.

Instead of crying about it on the forums make an appointment with a medical professional and get some help.
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, it's 1,000 Qmendations for what is basically a Tier IV ship? It's nice and all, but not worth the time in my opinion. Also, yet another 3 Ship set... I really don't have anything good to say about that.
    edited January 2014
    In addition, those EV Suits - does trading them into the Lobi store (-_-) grant you any sort of costume unlock, a la the new Hirogen armor?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are 2 different set bonuses, and the C-store versions are not required for the first, which comes from the FE and is detailed in the blog. I can't imagine you read the whole blog that fast :P

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm with him on this I'll bow out of it too... Just not feeling it

Edit: I could somewhat get into it maybe for a fed but romulan or klingon it just doesn't feel right plus the grind factor too.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    In addition, those EV Suits - does trading them into the Lobi store (ugh) grant you any sort of costume unlock, a la the new Hirogen armor?

We talked about this possibility, but EV Suit overlays are handled much differently from standard Armors, and it proved prohibitive to try and work around / fix in time for this release.

So, in order to display the visuals of these EV suits, you'll have to be wearing one of them.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    odinfish wrote: »
    So, it's 1,000 Qmendations for what is basically a Tier IV ship?
    More like, 1000 Qmendations for a unique warp/singularity core, it would seem. Unless you don't mind a ship that'll be inferior to what's coming next month.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    odinfish wrote: »
    Also, yet another 3 Ship set... I really don't have anything good to say about that.
    It's a four tier set. Comes with a Warp Core too.

... unless I'm missing something? I swear that's what I read.

Edit: The Deflector, Shield Array and Engines can be acquired through playing the mission. The Warp/Singularity Core you acquire through purchase of the ship, so it is (eventually) a four piece set.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sunburstflavorsunburstflavor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am a romulan that uses lock box ships, all of which use warp cores. Will romulans be able to aquire the regular warp core for use on ships that cannot equip singularity cores?
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so romulan characters will get the ship with a singularity core. is there a way for a romulan character to get a M/AM core as well for its cross faction ships?
  • darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Better go outside and beg on the street > collect money > get the donate version instead of wasting your time on this.

I sure as heck wont be wasting any of it. Its is supposed to be a anniversary G I F T.

Its starting to be very very stupid and annoying. Making anyone grind for a inferior gift ...
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    will the shield change the outlook of other ships if you play it on them?

was looking for that dyson purple in the concept art of the fed destroyer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, so 9 ships total, 3 for each faction.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    So will the three ships in each pack have different appearances like the Vesta pack or will they all be the same like the Odyssey?
    edited January 2014
    We talked about this possibility, but EV Suit overlays are handled much differently from standard Armors, and it proved prohibitive to try and work around / fix in time for this release.

I see. Would it be something that might be adjusted in the future?

I mean, they look really cool. Easily the best looking EV suits in the game, by a long shot. But by and large, there aren't that many places where it's neccessary to wear an EV suit, and fewer places still where it's more beneficial to wear an EV suit than, say, the Dyson armor, and subsequently lose a three-set bonus power.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if season 8 couldn't get any worse. :eek:

best question not answered ..... is each 3 pack sold for 5k zen... meaning all 9 ships 15k zen?
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Yes, I know. I was more leaning towards the fact that in the Dyson Rep, particular emphasis was put on removing unneccesary Mk X and XI level gear and only focusing on the Mk XII gear.

While I agree that the rep and the anniversary aren't totally the same, it did strike me as odd that you previously went out of your way to drop Mk X/XI gear only to bring it back here.

These anniversary items are mission rewards, like the Breen or Jem'hadar sets. If they didn't come in every Mk version that means some players who are not at level cap running the mission would get a weaker version or no reward at all.

They did away with Mk X and XI rewards in the Rep system because people were just skipping to the Mk XII stuff anyhow.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I hate to say it, but this is pretty lame.

I'd be cool if we got the ship for running the episode, but we have to do the dailies for it (Let's face it, you want us to buy it with Lobi) and on top of all that you want us to shell out ?35 next month?

Sorry guys, forget it.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for making a C-Store version of these ships. I like the option to just buy them as an account unlock. More options is more better, as they say.

Agree as well....

Who's idea was to add the GRINDING factor? To top it its not ACCOUNT BOUND? As per the blog each character has to do it to gain it. Correct me if I'm wrong but the C-store version is so much better if account wide bound. WHY waste the time grinding a useless basic piece that is not even account bound?

Sorry not complaining just stating a curiosity. You guys should have just put on the C-store rather than to create the heat from players who expected a FREE SHIP.
    DUwNP.gif