test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #45

Comments

• cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, to be clear, there's no reason to grind out this ship if you are planing on buying the three pack?
    Cehus.png
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow, impressed at the sheer audacity.
    You've inspired me. My Fed Dyson ship will be named the U.S.S. Audacity.

It shall be flown when my U.S.S. REDACTED is in drydock...
    cehus wrote: »
    So, to be clear, there's no reason to grind out this ship if you are planing on buying the three pack?
    The anni ships have exclusive warp cores.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Edit: just really disappointed in the community's hate...

I'm very disappointed in whoever thought up this anniversary event.

They seem to have rather missed the point of the anniversary and gone straight to the thorny question of how can we best ensure that the playerbase are left in no doubt as to how much we respect them.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You guys are really ruining the "anniversary"

"Here, grind all this and when you've got it we want you to buy another version."

Sorry but you're sucking the life out of long time Sto players that have been here in good times and bad times.

I appreciate that you need to make money but this smacks of greed.

I thought there would be a lobi version or a fleet version but a 3 pack for each faction ?

Have a new ev suit...btw we want you to pay to upgrade it.

We've got more ships than we can shake a stick at and i see and hear lots of people talking of ship saturation,i await the day they talk of new content saturation,ie missions.

Tell your pwe overlords this is a western market and we're reaching our limits,you really need to read most ingame chat channels ,people are not happy bunnies at the moment.

Just sayin.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
    edited January 2014

You'll miss out on some part of the set bonus.

Grind and pay.
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Indeed. I, for one, am shocked (SHOCKED!) that Cryptic Studios, which is a business, and which therefore exists for the sole purpose of making money, is trying to make money. How dare they?

Its not that i dont like it that Crptic want to make mony but i dont like they way they do it.

$Ships$ and more and more Ships and 1 Singel new Mission that you can play in 30 min than maybe do it again with other Cpts but in the end you never play it again after the 10th time.

Maybe they can sell us a new Content Pack with 40h of playtime, new Missions like we never saw before made by Cryptic now by users that content dont counts for me.

18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You need a console from the free ship if you want the set bonus for your C-store pack ships ... so the grind is still needed.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Man, oh man, I'm really pumped for those suits!

They control me, i need to have all of them!

I NEED THEM!

Question, can we create an outfit with them and use other armor just like any other stf set?.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    You'll miss out on some part of the set bonus.

Grind and pay.

^

to any who think about skipping this for just the $ versions.

just read the upper 2nd quote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ... So we really ARE expected to grind for level 40 free ships inferior to Fleet and C-Store? Well there goes that enthusiasm.

Weaksauce core as well. You'd need an utterly insane set bonus for it to be worth dumping your fleet core for.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With C-Store bundles coming soon, the grind now looks pointless and just evil. Get rid of it. Have it like it was done for the past two anniversaries.

Get rid of that damn grind, and perhaps people will come around.

[$$$$ $-$$$$$ $$$$$$$ $$$$$$ $$$$, $$$ $$$$$ $$$ $$$$$ $$$$$$$$$ $$$ $$$$ $$$$. $$$ $$$ $$ $$. $$$$ $$ $$$$ $$ $$$ $$$$ $$$ $$$ $$$$ $$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

$$$ $$$ $$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$$, $$$ $$$$$$$ $$$$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$$$.
    ]
    edited January 2014
    pyrogxmk3 wrote: »
    ... So we really ARE expected to grind for level 40 free ships inferior to Fleet and C-Store? Well there goes that enthusiasm.

Happy Anniversary!
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bit of a **** move imo
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    does the Solanae Resilient Shield Array provide a Visual outfit to any ship?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ussberlin wrote: »
    Its not that i dont like it that Crptic want to make mony but i dont like they way they do it.

$Ships$ and more and more Ships and 1 Singel new Mission that you can play in 30 min than maybe do it again with other Cpts but in the end you never play it again after the 10th time.

Maybe they can sell us a new Content Pack with 40h of playtime, new Missions like we never saw before made by Cryptic now by users that content dont counts for me.

You realize you don't have to buy or grind for any of this, right? You can just stick to whatever you have. It's not like this is going to completely obsolete everything else in the game.

And I hope Cryptic doesn't start selling content packs, because that really would be egregious and inexcusable. All the content in this game is free, and that's how it should be.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    genhauk wrote: »
    You need a console from the free ship if you want the set bonus for your C-store pack ships ... so the grind is still needed.

POWER CORE ! (Matter/Antimatter or Singularity)..... :mad::P

Can someone please say it's a unique battery next ?! :D
  • jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was thinking about grinding out this ship.... but forget it now. Not going to bother grinding it or buy it. Cryptic does not seem interested in making a good game anymore and are just looking to see how much they can manipulate they players. They have stopped asking "will this be fun?" and are just asking "how much will our players put up with?" No thanks.
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kyuzos7 wrote: »
    ^

to any who think about skipping this for just the $ versions.

just read the upper 2nd quote.

Eh, I'm still skipping the grind on most of my characters. The set bonus is nice and all, but I can live without it.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pyrogxmk3 wrote: »

Yea.... not sure how i feel about all this. I understand wanting to make the free players grind it out, but to expect paying players to grind as well is a bit much.
  • jculbertjculbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Looks great, I can't wait fly the new ships!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.fleet7.com
  • boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did anyone else see the dancing Elachi in the "Festive Party Horn" Picture?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Man, oh man, I'm really pumped for those suits!

They control me, i need to have all of them!

I NEED THEM!

Question, can we create an outfit with them and use other armor just like any other stf set?.

Nope. Bort explained this earlier;
    We talked about this possibility, but EV Suit overlays are handled much differently from standard Armors, and it proved prohibitive to try and work around / fix in time for this release.

So, in order to display the visuals of these EV suits, you'll have to be wearing one of them.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wish those environmental suits came with a Tailor outfit with color changing, they look amazing! Can't wait to get them all.

Also... more lobi upgrades? I really hate how they insist on pushing these damn lockboxes and their damn lobi crystals into so many things. The game shouldn't be pay to win anymore than it already is. And yes, you can't also grind enough dilithium over the course of several years to get enough zen for the better lobi store items.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Edit: just really disappointed in the community's hate...

I want to reply to this...heh, but I figure the mods don't need anybody antagonizing folks any more than they already are. Suffice to say, with a play on words, I can't say that I'm disappointed - it's exactly the type of petty whining that I've come to expect of the community...they didn't let me down. :rolleyes:
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well if no one buys them then maybe we will get them in next years free giveaway? lol
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want to reply to this...heh, but I figure the mods don't need anybody antagonizing folks any more than they already are. Suffice to say, with a play on words, I can't say that I'm disappointed - it's exactly the type of petty whining that I've come to expect of the community...they didn't let me down. :rolleyes:

Shouldve seen the giant rant...at least I'm not alone in the feels. Perhaps I'm even tardy to the party
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey, when you're expecting a winter-grind ship for a winter-grind level event, finding out you're doing all that for a "free oddy for talking to a dude at ESD" level ship is kind of a bummer.

People were hoping to actually fly them and all that.
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What's the deal with the rep grind?
    Oddy only required us to play a special event mission. That was much better.
  • endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can we also get the information on the C-store versions tomorrow?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm so not into EV suits on this game that I just decided to not bother doing the romulan rep thing on alts having to go and do that mission over and over just for the reward and most likely due to inventory and bank getting overloaded with stuff I never use like this probally won't even bother getting the EV suit lol. Especially nukara no more FM's there so I never go back there and if I do use an ev suit its just to do mining claims.

I think the most overwhelming thing with those ships is how they look. It's like a purple teletubby puked all over them and then took a stick and drew some circles. Especially not being caught dead on a KDF character in a giant neon purple target.