What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow...so many ungrateful people. Newsflash: If you don't like it, don't claim it! Simple as that. This game could spit out 20 dollar bills and people witch still moan and complain that they weren't random enough or in sequential order or some other BS. *eye roll*

I'm glad for the pet! I've wanted to try one of the Hortas for the longest time, but never really could justify spending any money on it. And now I don't have to! My only gripe? I like the crystal one more. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Wow...so many ungrateful people. Newsflash: If you don't like it, don't claim it! Simple as that. This game could spit out 20 dollar bills and people witch still moan and complain that they weren't random enough or in sequential order or some other BS. *eye roll*

I'm glad for the pet! I've wanted to try one of the Hortas for the longest time, but never really could justify spending any money on it. And now I don't have to! My only gripe? I like the crystal one more. ;)

If people keep complaining they may have to grind for 15 days to get the Horta to walk. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store item is the Polytrinic Acid Horta Combat Pet! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

Hann'yyo. Arhem drahha aigrev idh Hortasu.

(Thanks. I like Hortas very much.)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea why when claiming the horta I'm getting the message :

You may only have one of a unique item.

I did have the old reward pack version but tossed it to open up and claim the account wide unlock. One of my other toons has the Blue horta and I tossed that too and am still getting the message.
    That toon already claimed it, by purchasing it. Have another toon, one that hasn't bought the tribble, claim it; then it'll unlock for the account.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks again cryptic, for your generosity.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    just wondering... is that an old or 'special' new screen shot?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Glad to see the ingrate replies have subsided. I for one shall use this horta without hesitation!

Thank you Branflakes for the announcement and Cryptic for the gifts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll take it. It's another fighter for me on the ground and the Jackal Mastiff now has a playmate. Very nice gift all in all, thanks!
  • Options
    dwapookdwapook Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm so glad to have an opportunity to get this as an account unlock, thanks!!
  • Options
    crushedcrushed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Um.... thanks.... I already have it but ya thanks ...... and congrats to those who couldn't or didn't want to get this and now can as it is free.... well for today >.>
    Join Today! Click Below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Decloak and Destroy!!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,417 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having claimed the Horta i am starting to get curious about tomorrows giveaway. Does that make me a bad person..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Having claimed the Horta i am starting to get curious about tomorrows giveaway. Does that make me a bad person..

No, a bad person whines about a free gift being the "wrong" gift.

I will claim this and be grateful for it, even if I never use the thing.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool thanks, pets are nice to have. I didn't have that one.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice, :) claimed it...deleted and claimed it again...
  • Options
    micadog5micadog5 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A horta? Sweet! Always wanted one of those.

Even more awesome that its account wide, too.

Just curious, is there a non combat version anywhere? Or can the combat pets be brought around outside of combat aswell?
  • Options
    kiof1701akiof1701a Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well haters gotta hate I suppose.

Thank you very much for the account wide unlock!
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    micadog5 wrote: »

Just curious, is there a non combat version anywhere? Or can the combat pets be brought around outside of combat aswell?

The Romulan featured episode where you go into a mine and can run into a Horta. One of the rewards you can pick is a Horta hatchling. That's your non combat pet. Mine was called Jeff before he eat too much and upgraded to a full combat pet. He's still called Jeff, but is much bigger now.

With today's guy.... well, I'm just gonna be flinging Horta's into combat now. I look forward to unleashing the pair of them. :D

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What would be even more awesome, is if it left messages in the ground, like the one in the mine ... So if it kills an enemy you see ... "PWND" ... written in the ground ...

I'm gonna' go visit Nimbus III and look for all the larges piles of cow manure slithering around just outside of town ...

And then visit Qo'nos to see all the Ricardo Montalban clones running around ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    ccmurphyccmurphy Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey folks - first I want to thank the devs, Brandon and everyone else involved for the Hortas. But I'd like to request help in addressing a problem with them that's been there since LoR.

Simply put they've got a rather nasty bug wherein they can and do vanish right in the middle of combat. This includes when they're still at high HP, and sometimes even while they're being shot or even shooting back (mid-animation), and usually without being out long at all. The old behavior was that they would stay out for one minute, but now they seem to vanish at just about any time. It's difficult to determine just when they'll vanish, but one trigger seems to be when fighting enemies that were not nearby when it was first released. Colony Invasion is a good place to see this in effect. Another is when combat is broken even for an instant (e.g. not "Red Alert") - even if it starts up again shortly thereafter. But often they'll just vanish even with constant combat and plenty of HP, shortly (within 20-30 seconds) after release. It reduces their usefulness considerably, including if you want to release it right as you enter battle. In short it vanishes way more often than the description indicates, and often outright against the description, making them far less useful since LoR.

Others who were familiar with pre-LoR behavior of ground pets have confirmed they are also experiencing this. If you are noticing this problem as well - on this or the other Hortas or the Jackal Mastif, where it also appears - please submit a bug report so the devs can have more information, and hopefully this will get on their busy schedules more easily, with more people seeing them in action.

Also note I am not complaining. Ground combat pets are great, and I'd love to see more, e.g. the holodrone from the MACO BOff, possibly even as traits. I'm also glad this lets me use it on more characters. However, this has seriously impacted their usefulness, and I'd like to see this be fixed, and let all the new Horta users get the most from this awesome giveaway. Thanks!
  • Options
    virgilpluton999virgilpluton999 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ha, lucky me.
    Got the crystal Horta already, and the normal one.
    I guess this Horta completes my set. :cool:

I like those buggers.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wish it were an Eisilum Crystal Horta instead. Hopefully that will be tomorrow's unlock, because I already have the Polytrinic Horta.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wish it were an Eisilum Crystal Horta instead. Hopefully that will be tomorrow's unlock, because I already have the Polytrinic Horta.

It's just the opposite for me.
    Bad luck for you, lucky me.

Well... I don't have much luck in other cases, so well... at least I got a free Horta. :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    zaeltaeth1zaeltaeth1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I thought I'd just throw in my 2 EC's worth and say thanks to the team for throwing out some freebies. As far as the Horta go I'm lucky in that the only one I've gotten so far is the crafted one from Mine Enemy, so my Captains are quite happy with their new pets.

Thumbs up and looking forward to the rest.
    Somewhere on the wrong side of insanity.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately be explained by stupidity" ~ Robert Heinlein.
  • Options
    arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the free item :)
    It will be a fun little addition to my away team.
    Honestly, guys, are you crazy?? u expected a ship just in the first day?? lol, unbelievable. I really was expecting something like this, a horta pet. And i like it, since i didnt have any combat pet. Now i have one. And free, i dont see the issue there.

But if u expect something great, like a ship, well, you should wait sit. I dont think cryptic feels so generous lol.

Of course people were expecting a free Scimitar pack or something like that..
    The funny thing is - even if it were the Scimitar, some would complain that they already bought it. :rolleyes:

As for me, I expected something small. And I'm actually not disappointed. Free is free, after all.
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    micadog5 wrote: »

Just curious, is there a non combat version anywhere? Or can the combat pets be brought around outside of combat as well?

Every once in a while you see a combat horta in ESD (there were a lot hanging around last night from that giveaway). Yes--the combat versions can be brought out any time--the only catch is that they don't last forever--they'll beam out after their standard time, and you'll have to wait for the cooldown to end to bring it back.

The non-combat versions hang around with no cooldown. Mine enemy is the only place I know of where you can get a non-combat version--it's about half the size of the combat version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Every once in a while you see a combat horta in ESD (there were a lot hanging around last night from that giveaway). Yes--the combat versions can be brought out any time--the only catch is that they don't last forever--they'll beam out after their standard time, and you'll have to wait for the cooldown to end to bring it back.

Yup, i didnt know this, since i never had a combat pet before. Now i understand why people refuses to use combat pets.. they are not worth the trouble lol!. I even prefer my elder non combat eppoh instead, at least it will not fade away. The Horta is too coward after all..

But meh, see? i prefer to learn these things using a free horta and not taking the risk to waste money on "that".
This discussion has been closed.