What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks =) Never owned a C-store horta. =)
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Y'know, I was about to join the "aw well, free stuff is free stuff" before I realized that this would be a big help with my Battlezone jaunts.

Many thanks!
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    well depends on what ur new thong looks like
    :cool:

Believe me you don't want to se a 320 pounds 65 year old man wearing a thong, I saw one once and I almost use my Horta to burn my eyes. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Well, got a free premium account from gamersfirst, because APB Reloaded was under a DDOS attack. Be sure, if it would happen to Cryptic/PWE, you will get yet another useless Tribble or Horta. That's the difference between respecting their users base and not.
    I think you just proved his point...
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Exactly - evidence suggests that some people are actually stupid enough to think that they were going to get big, expensive items.
    :rolleyes:

That phrase nothing in life is free comes to mind. :D
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice to see account-wide Horta unlock, just as it was before F2P. Thank you for that.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    will you guys be rolling out info's on the anniversary ships today?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My bridge officers say thank you for their new toy. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blah that it would be atleast some useless fed ship I'd never use :P lol
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hey devs can we have a Horta rodeo? :D
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bgabor911 wrote: »
    For comparison, top quality, first class MMOs like War Thunder gave away high tier premium planes last time. I know, STO isnt and never will be a first of even a second class MMO.

And yet it will still always be classier than you are. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Meh, wish this Horta was somewhat useful and gave out a random mark an hour or something. Free is free so I can't complain too much.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seeking Dev confirmation:

Do I need to go claim this special Horta on each and every character in my account, or does the one-time claim mean that no matter whenever I decide to do so, any character (both present and future) can grab this one-per-toon Horta since I claimed it on at least one character...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Very pleased to see that the worthless "I don't like the FREE item' thread is gone.

Seriously, seldom have I ever seen such self-entitled, ungrateful, drivel. And frankly, the fact that some players are daft enough to think that the FREE item should be something that suits them personally makes me sad.

Wish it had actually. I like having a good laugh at all the ungratefuls out there :)
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't really understand what anyone has against a free combat pet.

I think this is great. I can add it to one of my bridge officers to go along with the one I got from Mine Enemy.

Can tomorrow be an Epohh combat pet? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Much thanks. This newest addition to my crew(s) will come in very handy. :D

Looking forward to tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Seeking Dev confirmation:

Do I need to go claim this special Horta on each and every character in my account, or does the one-time claim mean that no matter whenever I decide to do so, any character (both present and future) can grab this one-per-toon Horta since I claimed it on at least one character...

Answer is in the blog :) It's an account-wide unlock that can be claimed only until tomorrow morning at 10AM PST. Once claimed, you can reclaim in the future on existing and future characters on your account. After tomorrow, it reverts to a per-character/ one time unlock for new accounts/ players that never claimed it today.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I think this is great. I can add it to one of my bridge officers to go along with the one I got from Mine Enemy.

because you only have 4 slots on you, shields, medical, borg item, spray item, etc etc etc
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store item is the Polytrinic Acid Horta Combat Pet! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

Awesome. Never would've guessed that.

Got mine on all toons, thanks!
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Once claimed, you can reclaim in the future on current and existing characters on your account.
    Current and existing... what about completely new characters?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Will the BO auto trigger it? If so then that changes my view completely as all I see it as is a waste of a slot on my captain.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Current and existing... what about completely new characters?

Was meant to say "future". I'll edit.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    nickx9nickx9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    how many diferent combat hortas are there, now I want to give one to each of my boffs lol
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    Will the BO auto trigger it? If so then that changes my view completely as all I see it as is a waste of a slot on my captain.

Only one way to find out, isn't there?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Answer is in the blog :) It's an account-wide unlock that can be claimed only until tomorrow morning at 10AM PST. Once claimed, you can reclaim in the future on current and existing characters on your account. After tomorrow, it reverts to a per-character/ one time unlock for new accounts/ players that never claimed it today.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So if I buy two more char slots, wait until the next expansion, and make a new character...will I be able to claim the free Horta (which I got today on all of my current characters) for the new character?

EDIT: NVM, thanks Bran.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    because you only have 4 slots on you, shields, medical, borg item, spray item, etc etc etc

My 4 are frosted boots, tribble, shield and lat open depending what I am doing.

All my Hortas are on BOFF. So awesome when they all pop.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Answer is in the blog :) It's an account-wide unlock that can be claimed only until tomorrow morning at 10AM PST. Once claimed, you can reclaim in the future on existing and future characters on your account. After tomorrow, it reverts to a per-character/ one time unlock for new accounts/ players that never claimed it today.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon, that clears things up quite a bit. Saves me quite a bit of alt-hopping today... :)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saedeith wrote: »

BOFFS will auto trigger EVERYTHING including the dang party poppers during a fight.
  • Options
    pilotab1pilotab1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can never complain about something free. Thank you so much for a great game. Also I'll throw something your way and take advantage of the key sale as a way of saying thank you.
This discussion has been closed.