Install Arc
Options

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh snap, a Horta!

While my lts account already has them, this one will gladly take it :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been tasked by Tovan Khev to thank you (you know how annoying he can be sometimes...). He really like his new pet. He is calling him "Rocky", I wonder where he found such an absurd name, but then, the Horta seems to enjoy it.

So, thank you. Now, I'm going to clean up the mess this new toy is doing all over the ship !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    Will the BO auto trigger it? If so then that changes my view completely as all I see it as is a waste of a slot on my captain.

Yes--I was quite surprised to discover this. I originally had it on my own toon, then relocated to one of my BOs to use my slots for something else. Went into battle and my BO brought in the horta just about every chance he had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm....well, taking the previous giveaway into account, I'm now sitting on a 6/6 (or 9/9 if you count the faction specific ships as separate) track record. :)

Let's see if you can hit me again the following 2 days Cryptic and give more items I didn't have. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    karcorner wrote: »
    BOFFS will auto trigger EVERYTHING including the dang party poppers during a fight.

Yeah--I made the mistake of giving one of my BOFFS the fire extinguisher once. It ran around like a little kid spraying everything. Had to take it away and slap that BOFF around a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice, just been and claimed mine, cheers. :D
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thanks!

/10char
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Exactly - evidence suggests that some people are actually stupid enough to think that they were going to get big, expensive items.
    :rolleyes:

My evidence (which is, admittedly, limited to myself and my siblings) suggests that some people are that stupid, some people don't care at all, and some people don't want the stuff that doesn't even belong in the C-Store in the first place, as one of the posters before me said.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kind of disappointing.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    tombathtombath Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you.
    UL0xD8g.png
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kind of disappointing.

Why are you disappointed at a FREE item?
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People were expecting some kind of ship.+
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    Why are you disappointed at a FREE item?

Because I already have it. :P Not to mention it's sort of useless.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    heh, already had it BUT have forgotten all about it which means this giveaway is still a useful reminder ROFL keep up the good work
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Brandon and Cryptic...

Getting something for free is always welcomed.
  • Options
    spartan603spartan603 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bgabor911 wrote: »
    A pet? lol! Instead of some great ship, we get this? I wont even start the game for this thing!
    So they will give three and the first is worthless. Ok, two to go.

Be happy that they give something out, it cant be a ship because if its Federation, Klingons and Romulans cant use it, if it was Klingon, Federation and Romulans cant use that. there giving stuff for EVERYONE so a ship is not accessable by everyone due to its only really useable by a certain government (Federation, Klingon empire, Romulan Republic). They're going give out stuff that is available to everyone so a ship is not going to be one of them due to its not available to everyone. if this makes sense to you good, sorry don't expect any ships to be out.

Thank you guys for the items :)
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Because I already have it. :P Not to mention it's sort of useless.

Ohh well better luck tomorrow then:)
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    People were expecting some kind of ship.+

If we do get a ship it'll be something relatively unexciting like the Nebula last time, and people will whine about it anyway.

Honestly, Cryptic could be giving away the Scimitar 3-pack and people would still complain.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2014
    after I reported about 30 times that tribbles and pets disappear from c store after are bought today is the day when that bug hits all those who bought 1 horta and now has none to claim.
  • Options
    chahk42chahk42 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At least it's not another tribble :D

Yes, I am looking a gift horse in the mouth! :P
  • Options
    liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ty for the free gift

I think anyone who complains about what they are offered for free should just be locked out of claiming any of the free items for the whole event
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ty for the free gift

I think anyone who complains about what they are offered for free should just be locked out of claiming any of the free items for the whole event

Seconded.

You can always spot a spoiled, entitled product of the self-esteem generation. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone have an idea why when claiming the horta I'm getting the message :

You may only have one of a unique item.

I did have the old reward pack version but tossed it to open up and claim the account wide unlock. One of my other toons has the Blue horta and I tossed that too and am still getting the message.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ty for the free gift

Well, to be fair, I didn't complain at all during the summer giveaway, even though I ended up not using some of those things and already had the DS9 uniform on all of my characters. :P

It's just that this is... barely better than the tribbles we get for testing a new season.
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Seconded.

You can always spot a spoiled, entitled product of the self-esteem generation. :rolleyes:

The what? :confused:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    That phrase nothing in life is free comes to mind. :D
    You seem to be forgetting that there is one thing in life that is free, and it's invisible and is necessary for people to stay alive, and that's oxygen, aka air.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes! i needed a 2nd combat pet for the battlezone thanks cryptic I LOOOVE FREE STUFF!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You seem to be forgetting that there is one thing in life that is free, and it's invisible and is necessary for people to stay alive, and that's oxygen, aka air.

Shhhhheeshhhh don't give ideas to Cryptic, they may start canning the O2 to sell it on the C-Store.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Cryptic, i needed this Horta for my other characters.
  • Options
    tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Second Horta (other than the one from crafting).

Wonder if I put both hortas on one character, is there a shared cooldown or can they both be deployed at once? My Reman BOffs have the Hortas slotted to them (hey it made sense at the time) and would like to turn them in to the Reman version of the Klingon Targ Master.

Sic-em boys!!!!
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Heh never would have guessed that. Still, cool, since any character can use it regardless of faction or function.
This discussion has been closed.