Install Arc
Options

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bgabor911 wrote: »
    For comparison, top quality, first class MMOs like War Thunder gave away high tier premium planes last time. I know, STO isnt and never will be a first of even a second class MMO.
    Then, why did STO give away several free ships of various tiers and costumes few months ago?

While I was expecting another ship, I actually don't mind this pet, especially since it got especially modified to be account-wide.

Thanks for the little one who will surely make a lot of holes in my ship.:D
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The completionist in me is pleasantly surprised; this is an unlock I don't already have. Thank you.

Bugfixes tomorrow, perhaps? :P
    I need a beer.

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My Horta is hungry and ARC looks pretty tasty.... :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this is fab thank you sooo much.

and even if someone has one they don't have this reclaimable one so nobody should complain. lol.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the free critter. Appreciated!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,404 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A pet? lol! Instead of some great ship, we get this? I wont even start the game for this thing!
    So they will give three and the first is worthless. Ok, two to go.
    Okay, who had page 2 in the "whining will now commence" pool? You win!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sadly, I already purchased this years ago (literally... back in July 2011). For the longest time it was a real waste, too, but you guys finally fixed the "device" so that Bridge Officers can use them (I think this was done with the LoR Expansion, IIRC).

Now all my characters have Away Teams loaded for bear with slotted combat hortas, and it's rather hilarious when they're spawned (not always at the "best" time, but still neat/fun).

Anyway, hopefully the next freebies don't include the Eisilum Crystal Horta, cuz I already got that one too. LOL

:P

Thank god I choose the "Eisilum Crystal Horta" back in 2011 :P ... now I have both ... thx for the free stuff ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A pet? lol! Instead of some great ship, we get this? I wont even start the game for this thing!
    For comparison, top quality, first class MMOs like War Thunder gave away high tier premium planes last time. I know, STO isnt and never will be a first of even a second class MMO.
    Two of your first five posts in these forums are complaints about the game? Talk about worthless...

Dude, they're giving something away for FREE!!! And Hortas are cool! (Well, certainly so for a Star Trek fan! :D)

There will be more coming up over the next couple of days...

Ah, why am I wasting my time? Haters gonna hate. :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bugfixes tomorrow, perhaps? :P

Yeah, right.

Since we seem to be on "things that all three factions can use", my money is on Melee Weapon Pack 1 for tomorrow's gift.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    i cant believe theres people complaining about FREE CASH SHOP ITEMS this gotta be some kind of a bad joke :mad:have you guys listento an old dictate who says "Do not look at a horse gift on the mouth"
    cryptic does not even have the obligation to give us freebies show some grattitude once in live at least please? and it will be 3 items (1 gone 2 left) for free...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank god I choose the "Eisilum Crystal Horta" back in 2011 :P ... now I have both ... thx for the free stuff ...
    Lucky!

heh

:P

That'll teach me to buy both Hortas when they come out! LOLOLOLOLOL

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oooh very nice cryptic, many thanks. Will certainly make ground battles a little more fun and help levelling alts.

Plus, its not only a boiling hot rock creature that sprays acid, but its canon. Happy days (:
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2014

it is a combat pet so hardly worthless I would say.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Polytrinic Acid Horta Combat Pet

Great for kids! :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the freebie. But I was suspecting this was a permanent unlock like the last free giveaway, but this appears just to get a free claim.
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the free pet, I shall call him Mr Pebbles :D
  • Options
    nickx9nickx9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tyraidd wrote: »
    Thank you for the freebie. But I was suspecting this was a permanent unlock like the last free giveaway, but this appears just to get a free claim.

It is permanent , reklaimable fo all your toons old and future ones
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Actually, if you read the blog, it is a permanent version of the unlock.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    kneeliftkneelift Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oh helllz yeah this is better than my new thong!

sweet!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nickx9 wrote: »
    It is permanent , reklaimable fo all your toons old and future ones
    Actually, if you read the blog, it is a permanent version of the unlock.

So says the notes, but when I went to claim it didn't appear to unlock permanently.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    i cant believe theres people complaining about FREE CASH SHOP ITEMS this gotta be some kind of a bad joke :mad:have you guys listento an old dictate who says "Do not look at a horse gift on the mouth"
    cryptic does not even have the obligation to give us freebies show some grattitude once in live at least please? and it will be 3 items (1 gone 2 left) for free...
    People will complain about anything :D If it's something mild (like this Horta, despite it being cool), they'll complain it wasn't something high level or extra-cool... if it's something high level, like a ship three-pack for example, someone will still find a way to complain that they're giving away something that expensive for free, usually just after they themselves bought it a few days ago

Either way, let them go off; it's still a good promotion regardless lol
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Woot woot! Crank up the music. Begin the psychodelic light show! We get free acid (horta that is) on day one! Its a party!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Very pleased to see that the worthless "I don't like the FREE item' thread is gone.

Seriously, seldom have I ever seen such self-entitled, ungrateful, drivel. And frankly, the fact that some players are daft enough to think that the FREE item should be something that suits them personally makes me sad.

Well, got a free premium account from gamersfirst, because APB Reloaded was under a DDOS attack. Be sure, if it would happen to Cryptic/PWE, you will get yet another useless Tribble or Horta. That's the difference between respecting their users base and not.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, who had page 2 in the "whining will now commence" pool? You win!

I lose.
    I figured it would be within the first 5 posts.

So, yeah, thanks for a free something I didn't have yet.

peace
    - John
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Very pleased to see that the worthless "I don't like the FREE item' thread is gone.

Seriously, seldom have I ever seen such self-entitled, ungrateful, drivel. And frankly, the fact that some players are daft enough to think that the FREE item should be something that suits them personally makes me sad.

...but but i an losing EC on my petting zoo now. All those kiddies who need first aid all of a sudden..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kneelift wrote: »
    oh helllz yeah this is better than my new thong!

sweet!
    well depends on what ur new thong looks like
    :cool:

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Great for kids! :P

Yeah, there was sign at the petting zoo that said that. They had to take it down. A lot of kids with no hands running around these days ! :eek::D:o
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bad luck for me... Already have those as account unlocks.

Could have used anything from the summer event, but missed it (no internet connection at this time).,, and no comes stuff I have...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So says the notes, but when I went to claim it didn't appear to unlock permanently.
    You can buy more than one for each character. I guess you could give one for each of your Boff for a Horta Rush.:D

EDIT: Aaand, actually, you can buy more, but can only have one unpacked.
    #TASforSTO
This discussion has been closed.