Install Arc
Options

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice for people that dont have it :D

lol@cyrptic calling it a 'special version' since its account unlock : this is the way these cstore items USED to work ( i have both hortas as account wide unlocks already ) but ofc they got greedy
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it is nice others can grab a Horta for free besides the one from the Romulan missions but sadly I already bought it.

I wish we could get a permanent Dilithium Horta battle pet.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For those of you not familiar with the way they do this, the more days into the event, the higher the item is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do own this one on main character, but account unlock - that is amazing :D
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interesting. Thanks. I'll probably try it out in the battlezone sometime next month (considering this one is almost over.)
  • Options
    willdaviesalpha1willdaviesalpha1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bgabor911 wrote: »
    A pet? lol! Instead of some great ship, we get this? I wont even start the game for this thing!
    So they will give three and the first is worthless. Ok, two to go.

If you don't want to get free items that's no reason to force it on the rest of us:)
    I personally look forward to using this item in game!
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    voicesdark wrote: »
    For those of you not familiar with the way they do this, the more days into the event, the higher the item is.

Oh, I saw the last event. Claimed on all 5 days, if memory serves me right - or perhaps I could only claim 4 days. Still, at least costumes were more interesting to gain, and I'm speaking as someone who already had the DS9 uniform as a character-specific unlock.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Thank you! I always wanted a Horta. ^_^

The next two days better be ships though or I sense the nerd rage that will commence.

Lol, nice one.. :D

Honestly, guys, are you crazy?? u expected a ship just in the first day?? lol, unbelievable. I really was expecting something like this, a horta pet. And i like it, since i didnt have any combat pet. Now i have one. And free, i dont see the issue there.

But if u expect something great, like a ship, well, you should wait sit. I dont think cryptic feels so generous lol.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, my Klingon first officer has a dog, so I suppose it's only fair Veril gets a Horta :)
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great! I needed this on some of my people.

P.S. Love the screenshot! Hmm looks like more 8472 in our future.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    sc0rpi0besc0rpi0be Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A pet? lol! Instead of some great ship, we get this? I wont even start the game for this thing!
    You do realize that you don't have to claim it, right? Perhaps you should not be so ungrateful and just accept that it may not have been what you wanted, then show some appreciation that Cryptic decided to do this at all.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks! :) Gifts are always appreciated.
  • Options
    jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    More undine coming soon as well?

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Bonus - I don't own that, so that'll be claimed!

Thanks guys!

Let the moaning commence though:

Braiiiiiiiins....
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store item is the Polytrinic Acid Horta Combat Pet! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Yay, free thing I don't have!
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, don't mean to look a gift Horta in the mouth, but really? That stuff is not even worth giving away, let alone having it for sale in the C-Store.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,092 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Hence "re-claim"... but yea... the "claim" part is nessacary

Sorry misinterupted what you said. lol :) at this time tomorrow it reverts back to orginal price
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, I'm a bit of a Horta fan. Won't want this taking up inventory space on every character, but certainly will want it on some. My boys might want it, too.

Thank you. Looking forward to tomorrow's giveaway.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, don't mean to look a gift Horta in the mouth, but really? That stuff is not even worth giving away, let alone having it for sale in the C-Store.

Simple solution? Don't claim it. Don't take the thing that Cryptic didn't have to give anyone at all.
  • Options
    bgabor911bgabor911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For comparison, top quality, first class MMOs like War Thunder gave away high tier premium planes last time. I know, STO isnt and never will be a first of even a second class MMO.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Neat give-away, thanks Cryptic. :)

Sadly, I already purchased this years ago (literally... back in July 2011). For the longest time it was a real waste, too, but you guys finally fixed the "device" so that Bridge Officers can use them (I think this was done with the LoR Expansion, IIRC).

Now all my characters have Away Teams loaded for bear with slotted combat hortas, and it's rather hilarious when they're spawned (not always at the "best" time, but still neat/fun).

Anyway, hopefully the next freebies don't include the Eisilum Crystal Horta, cuz I already got that one too. LOL

:P

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For comparison, top quality, first class MMOs like War Thunder gave away high tier premium planes last time. I know, STO isnt and never will be a first of even a second class MMO.

Last time they did this, they gave away some cool stuff. Costumes and ships. This is only day 1. You don't expect the best right I hope.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    nickx9nickx9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice, finaly a non consumable combat pet for me , to bad you can only have one a t the time, wanted to put it on all my boffs :D

Thanks

And for tomorrow I predict "fluidic tribble" :P
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Neat give-away, thanks Cryptic. :)

Sadly, I already purchased this years ago (literally... back in July 2011). For the longest time it was a real waste, too, but you guys finally fixed the "device" so that Bridge Officers can use them (I think this was done with the LoR Expansion, IIRC).

Now all my characters have Away Teams loaded for bear with slotted combat hortas, and it's rather hilarious when they're spawned (not always at the "best" time, but still neat/fun).

Anyway, hopefully the next freebies don't include the Eisilum Crystal Horta, cuz I already got that one too. LOL

:P

Me too LOL
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014

*waves entitlement meter in general direction*

*ducks, as the meters needle slams against the maximum entitlement detected bar and breaks, shattering into a thousand tiny pieces*

*shakes head sadly and wanders off to play with my new free thing, that I didn't have to pay, grind, play or ask for"
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    B.t.w. Didn't have this one yet so thank you.

Only gripe i have it is a bit toxic for the petting zoo..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's no Horta Captain race, but it's a start!
    Wonder what kind of space racial trait a Horta would have.

Either way, f*** yeah hortas!
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please no tribbles, dogs, kardassian sheeps or anything like that tomorrow. I am not Noah and my Ark is pretty full already.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Can I have your stuff?
This discussion has been closed.