test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hey Everyone,

We've got a beta version of our new website and Arc client ready for your feedback.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1076561

Please take a look and let us know what you think. You can post feedback here in this thread, or follow the feedback instructions listed in the blog.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

-Dezstravus
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just a heads up, but the text in the blog is getting cut off on the right hand side. In Firefox at least.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My Feedback... DO NOT WANT!
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »

I'll just second this.

TRIBBLE Arc.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Bad feedback, do not want!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We've got a beta version of our new website and Arc client ready for your feedback.

Please take a look and let us know what you think. You can post feedback here in this thread, or follow the feedback instructions listed in the blog.

-Dezstravus

Have read about it several times (I might add: mostly not in a very positive light); but reading what this links directs to makes me ask: How may this improve the active gameplay of Star Trek Online; it surly does not look like something that, for example, adds 20-30 new variables in the pool of exploration missions? :confused:
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    According to those numbers STO is the least downloaded Cryptic game.

Edit: And wow, both Champions and STO are New Releases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

See above for my feedback
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Everyone,

-Dezstravus

Honestly? I hate it with every fiber of my being. I hate it so much, I just finished removing it. I hate it so much that I will NOT be downloading or playing any PWE games other than STO for the foreseeable future.

FYI, I wanted to get Champions Online and PWI, but the ARC client is so terrifically awful that I decided not to download them before I removed the client. Please do NOT continue development of ARC.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2014

this is also my feedback
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ARC?
    no thanks.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2014

See above for my feedback also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is dog! enough said.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't want Arc :mad:

/\
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know my feelings on this subject. To say that I wont be touching this with a 10ft barge-pole, is a gross understatement....

Sticking with steam thanks.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Just one thing for clarification.
    As a user of the normal STO launcher is there ANY way to avoid ARC?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When we first announced the new website and client, many of our players expressed concerns over a sudden migration to completely new technology.
    OK, for the (unfortunately not) last time:
    No, no, no, no, NO AND NO!

The concerns were and are still not about this.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooom.
    TRY ARC!

I am sorryDavePWE, I'm afraid I can't do that.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Working on the text cutoff issue now. :)
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is another way to stop ARC.

Throw the CHEESE!

Either that or we're stuffed.

... We're stuffed.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    Just one thing for clarification.
    As a user of the normal STO launcher is there ANY way to avoid ARC?

Doubtful they have made it clear that it will replace all current normal launchers.

How it will work with steam, I don't know. Steam uses the same launcher, but is launched via steam...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Honestly? I hate it with every fiber of my being. I hate it so much, I just finished removing it. I hate it so much that I will NOT be downloading or playing any PWE games other than STO for the foreseeable future.

FYI, I wanted to get Champions Online and PWI, but the ARC client is so terrifically awful that I decided not to download them before I removed the client. Please do NOT continue development of ARC.

Hey Worffan,

To clarify, I believe that your test results are for the old version of the client. We just released a new beta client today, so it's worth noting that your your experience may change if you elect to check out the new version.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Doubtful they have made it clear that it will replace all current normal launchers.

How it will work with steam, I don't know. Steam uses the same launcher, but is launched via steam...

Then the choice is clear, since they leave us no option...
    Which is sad, since i liked STO in spite of everything that happend.

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Worffan,

To clarify, I believe that your test results are for the old version of the client. We just released a new beta client today, so it's worth noting that your your experience may change if you elect to check out the new version.

You can roll excrement in glitter but it will still be excrement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey dezstravus,

I don't want ARC at all I don't want to have to change my launcher from the normal STO launcher that I have now.

Why are we being forced to have something we don't want. Also when is the KDF costume bug going to be fixed?

Listen to the players this is going to make a lot of people mad that they are being forced to ARC when no one wants it.

I await your reply
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually i don't mind if they pay me to use Arc...lol...let say $0.01 per mins...With the money i can buy zen...haha...
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Worffan,

Nope, that was today's client. Thank you for making the effort, although I would have been much happier if you had focused on making the games better than on a software gimmick.

Seriously, with the time, new hires, training, and money it took to design this, how much C-store content could you have come up with? I mean, this doesn't make any financial sense. I have read enough to be certain that I am far from alone in my opinion of ARC, and I daresay that I represent the majority view. By implementing this software, you are, if I may be so blunt, pissing off your player base with a useless gimmick that everyone hates while failing to add new content (which is what attracts and retains players).

Thank you for your response.

worffan101.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Write this on a sticky note and bring it to the guy in charge of developing ARC.

"Make it optional, forever."

Because my personal take on ARC? A big, fat, Grumpy Cat NO.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is it possible to shut down this new Arc client once the game is launched, or will it insist on running in the background while the game is running?

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
This discussion has been closed.