lexusk19 wrote: »
    My Feedback... DO NOT WANT!

So you wanna be the next Bigpoint?

:rolleyes:

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As long as I have my CD to reload the game I will NEVER use ARC till they absoluty force the issue

I don't want SPY Ware on my computer:mad:
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't you just love it when ignorance goes on and on and on....:rolleyes:

What's the point in even letting us discuss this?? :confused: The direction is more than obvious.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My opinion on arc?
    Nuke the b*starding thing from orbit. To quote Stephen Fry, "It is complete loose stool water, it is TRIBBLE gravy of the worst kind." There is no need nor any desire for it, other than the calls of the management MBA types (I assume).
    I need a beer.

• Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They asked for our feeback, and we're giving them what they deserved:P
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll throw in my 2 cents as well, I have no interest or need of getting a browser, tool, chat client, or whatever the hell this is for the one and only game that I play from PWE and if Cryptic is so stupid as to build functionality into STO that requires that I have ARC running in order to play this one game, that will be the end of STO for me.
    I have played other Asian managed games that went that route, that segued into requiring having a spyware engine installed to play a game and those games no longer have a place on my computer.
    Be smart Cryptic, DO NOT MAKE ARC USE MANDATORY.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They asked for our feeback, and we're giving them what they deserved:P

They won't like it...
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    Many people might not like ARC, cause they are affraid of it, this I do not know why, but in this case, when it comes to me....

I personally find ARC to be a very intresting asset and tool to have and use and the reasons for this is that, for example I have steam, which I use for all my non-Cryptic and Perfect World Games, but when it comes to ARC I'm more comftrable in having ARC be, my sorta, say "bookshelf" to all the games I play with them, which in my case inlude; STO, CO, NW, and BL:R.....

This is my my thought, many of you might not like it..... I do not care.... nor mind ARC.....

Keep up the great work you have done with ARC Beta, Perfect World, and be sure to give Cryptic Studios a Great "bonus" *cough**cough* for making Star Trek Online the best MMO, I've ever played!!!!!!

#thumbsup
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Many people might not like ARC, cause they are affraid of it, this I do not know why, but in this case, when it comes to me....

I personally ind ARC to be a very intresting asset and tool to have and use, for example I have steam, which I use for all my non-Cryptic and Perfect World Games, but when it comes to ARC Im more comftrable in have ARC be my sorta say "bookshelf" to all the games I play with them, which inlude, STO, CO, NW, and BL:R.....

This is my my thought, many of you might not like it..... I do not care.... nor mind ARC.....

Keep up the great work you have done with ARC Beta, Perfect World, and be sure to give Cryptic Studios a Great "bonus" *cough**cough* for making Star Trek Online the best MMO, I've ever played!!!!!!

#thumbsup

Cue the resident devil's advocate/brown noser.

I commend you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I'll throw in my 2 cents as well, I have no interest or need of getting a browser, tool, chat client, or whatever the hell this is for the one and only game that I play from PWE and if Cryptic is so stupid as to build functionality into STO that requires that I have ARC running in order to play this one game, that will be the end of STO for me.
    I couldn't have said it better.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I have played other Asian managed games that went that route, that segued into requiring having a spyware engine installed to play a game and those games no longer have a place on my computer.
    Be smart Cryptic, DO NOT MAKE ARC USE MANDATORY.

My last question is when will it become necessary to play STO?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I personally ind ARC to be a very intresting asset and tool to have and use, for example I have steam, which I use for all my non-Cryptic and Perfect World Games, but when it comes to ARC Im more comftrable in have ARC be my sorta say "bookshelf" to all the games I play with them, which inlude, STO, CO, NW, and BL:R.....

#thumbsup

We're not afraid of it. We just don't want this thing. We don't want a Steam ripoff, so to the rest of us it's hard drive and memory usage that we don't care for. I don't need another friends list, I only play STO so I've got that in-game. Besides the fact that forcing something onto people who are overwhelmingly saying no is just infuriating.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I commend you.

You commend me to be some sort of devil's helper for giving out my opinion about ARC???

What has the world turn into....... *facepalm*
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can Cryptic confirm whether Arc shuts down upon launching Star Trek Online? Or does it stay running.

If it stays running - why? What is it doing?
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I commend you.

Please don't accuse people of brown-nosing. That makes us, who hate ARC, look bad.

And I actually think that the devs deserve a hefty raise. They gave me the Battlezone, after all. And Worf VOs. And two kickass battlecruisers. And a Breen raider that is ridiculously awesome, despite accusations of it being a glass cannon (trust me, it's really not. I got 1st in Cure Found elite literally right after opening it. NO consoles, no weapon mods, nothing. Just basic MK 10 gear, and the other guys were in: a bugship, two Avengers, and a Mogh).

So please don't automatically accuse anyone who likes ARC (no matter how much it sucks) of being a suck-up.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    We're not afraid of it. We just don't want this thing. We don't want a Steam ripoff, so to the rest of us it's hard drive and memory usage that we don't care for. I don't need another friends list, I only play STO so I've got that in-game. Besides the fact that forcing something onto people who are overwhelmingly saying no is just infuriating.

Again, read my OP.... I do not want to know.... nor do I care about what you personally think about this.... you don't like it.. simple... don't use it... done... move on...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    voporak wrote: »

THIS. See, this is my central problem with ARC. It's useless hard drive space. Emphasis on useless and SPACE--I couldn't even play STO with ARC installed, and I DEFINITELY don't need another friends list. Also, force-feeding us a gimmick is a recipe for ragequits.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Again, read my OP.... I do not want to know.... nor do I care about what you personally think about this.... you don't like it.. simple... don't use it... done... move on...

You're missing the point. If we do not like it, we will still be forced to use it in all likelihood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We've got a beta version of our new website and Arc client ready for your feedback.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1076561

Please take a look and let us know what you think. You can post feedback here in this thread, or follow the feedback instructions listed in the blog.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

-Dezstravus

Hey,

Is the plan still to force everyone that plays STO to use Arc in the future?

Simple question above.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about this, but until I know that we will have the option to never run Arc if we so choose, I won't be testing anything.

However, if I would know for sure that it will stay optional I'll gladly try it and provide useful feedback.

I'm not gonna start to list all my concerns about this software here, there are already other threads that repeatedly does that.

Thank you.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You're missing the point. If we do not like it, we will still be forced to use it in all likelihood.

I don't think Im missing the point on this.. when I constanly repeat my own qoutes.... "I do not want to know what you think... nor do I care"
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I am sure a lot of people will move one and quit playing STO.
    But i am afraid it won't be enough to make a big impact.
    The big mass of people apdopts much to easy on new state of things, which is sad for everyone if you look at it closely.

My only hope is that ARC is getting so much negative feedback and complains that they are forced to make it optional, since Cryptic is obviously totally ignoring what their customers want.

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    My Feedback... DO NOT WANT!

Same here if STO goes ARC launch only I will resign my Commission!
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    (can someone explain in blunt terms what arc is and why everyone hates it rather than NAO!!, just for those of us -me- who has no idea what's going on ;|)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    (can someone explain in blunt terms what arc is and why everyone hates it rather than NAO!!, just for those of us -me- who has no idea what's going on ;|)

ARC is this new launcher that's supposed to be good for every PWE game. It's supposed to do everything that you can already do in-game and on the website, just in one bundle.

And in many people's opinions, it is a giant mess that we do not want, and which does not satisfy our needs and wants. We who hate ARC feel that it is unnecessary, needlessly complicated and space-consuming, and discourages new players.

Hope that this helps.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Star Trek has it's web Gateway, Neverwinter has its' Sword Coast Adventures web game, but these are strangely absent from arcgames.com.

I would think that you would want to provide some kind of link or access from the Arc site.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    ARC is this new launcher that's supposed to be good for every PWE game. It's supposed to do everything that you can already do in-game and on the website, just in one bundle.

And in many people's opinions, it is a giant mess that we do not want, and which does not satisfy our needs and wants. We who hate ARC feel that it is unnecessary, needlessly complicated and space-consuming, and discourages new players.

Hope that this helps.

So its kinda like advertising other games in the present launcher, except the arc version takes more computer memory(space?) and is ultimately not needed for people who just want to play sto?

Sounds like im one of the chorus of nos then :P

I mean, most people only play 1 or 2 MMOs at a time, they are time consumers afterall, having dozens of games i dont intended to invest time in, waved in front of my face, everytime i want to play sto, sounds irritating

Thanks for the reply ^^
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So its kinda like advertising other games in the present launcher, except the arc version takes more computer memory(space?) and is ultimately not needed for people who just want to play sto?

Sounds like im one of the chorus of nos then :P

I mean, most people only play 1 or 2 MMOs at a time, they are time consumers afterall, having dozens of games i dont intended to invest time in, waved in front of my face, everytime i want to play sto, sounds irritating

Thanks for the reply ^^

Exactly, and no problem.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When I had to reinstall everything on my PC it forced ARC on me I no longer have the option of the client itself. Every time I visit a webpage it requests to install a bunch of plugins and sometimes it crashes because AVG is detecting it trying to pull information on non STO/Cryptic/PWE information that they claim its not trying to collect.

Thinking about just uninstalling it and never playing again if I can't choose not to use this bloatware when I really only play STO.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic,

Please, I am begging you, do not make Arc mandatory. Besides the spyware issue, I left Steam due to having problems with another program running in the back ground, and using up processor speed. On top of this, I live in a very, very, remote community, which has very low download speeds. I get disconnected several times during an STO session, or am unable to connect at all to the STO servers during periods of the day. Literally, I cannot afford to lose a single kilobyte to Arc.

In the last year, I have made it a habit to purchase Zen during Paypal promotions, and have spent somewhere towards $800-1000 in 2013 to support of the development of the game. I would like to think, such a contribution would be appreciated, and that a listening ear would be had at Cryptic, when I, and the majority of those that have taken time to respond to this thread say, please, allow us another launcher option for accessing STO, that does not require a background program running, such as Arc, or Steam.

It goes without question, that if I cannot login to STO, due to Arc lowering either my processor rate, or download rate, that I will not continue to purchase Zen, in support of the game, as I cannot even play the game. I realize in the grand scheme of things, 1 player telling their heart felt desire not to have the Arc client forced upon them, is insignificant in perspective to a multi-million dollar corporation, such as Cryptic, or Perfect World, with an established objective. However, If I do not write this, then you would never know. So, again here is my feeble attempt, to convey that I do not wish to use Arc, for the most basic reason, that it will no longer allow me to play STO, due to my location in a remote community.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wayofdera wrote: »
    Cryptic,

Please, I am begging you, do not make Arc mandatory.

Sorry to give you the sad news but if you don't have the client it already forces you to get it. For me its causing so many problems just to log into STO through it and among all the spam messages in chrome I get for it that I'm on the verge of no longer playing anything cryptic or pwe.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't think Im missing the point on this.. when I constanly repeat my own qoutes.... "I do not want to know what you think... nor do I care"

Then you obviously do not know the purpose of a forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.