test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2013 Reflections - A Letter From the STO Team

12345679»

Comments

• valen006valen006 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Chancellor Martok died by the blade of Jempok in a questionable challenge.
  • riverorinriverorin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am all for Shatner. Not Kirk himself, but maybe a stolen computer log that will lead on a hunt for something. A copy of the computer log is found in the hands of ferengi traders, and the mission is to follow the leads. Would need a bit more thought, but for such an iconic character it would be awesome to include him.
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While personally I would have done some things different, (Such as have the Fleet Dilithium Mine at the Fleet Starbases to give them more of a significance and have the Vaadwaur or the Borg as the main enemy instead of the Voth inside the Dyson sphere(Because the Vaadwaur are an ancient race and would most likely know how to access or have come across the Dyson Sphere at one point. As for the Borg, they consider the Omega particle to be the closest thing to perfection and therefore would be of immediate interest to them.) but regardless of this I do believe that there have been a lot of strides made with STO and congratulate the team on these victories.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    What ever and who ever you have planned for this year, and even if you only put half as much effort into it as you did with LoR and the Dyson sphere, we're in for a treat. Cant wait.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All in all, I think 2013 has been a good year.
    Although, i must admit, I did wish for fewer bugs, and that includes addressing a lot of old bugs and glitches. Some were addressed, but equally many were never adressed, even new ones were created.
    I won't adress the creation of Voth. There are too many things to comment. I am hesitant of calling it ok, or using words like marvellous etc. Its better than nothing, but... ...I cross my fingers bacause I see anything created on a computer for work in progress, so i believe there will be more to it in the future, and hopefully the lost ship can be found again, for starters.

:)
    /Floozy
  • iamchrisp1of420iamchrisp1of420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am starting to play, so i am unaware of the glitches so far. Any tips.:cool:
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am starting to play, so i am unaware of the glitches so far. Any tips.:cool:

Mostly just watch your mission objectives. If you, say, initiate battle too fast before the enemy ship can hail you, that'll mess things up.

If you move and accidentally cancel the text box where an NPC is talking to you before you move onto your next objective, that'll mess things up.

If your inventory is full and you have to pick up a plot-critical item, sometimes it'll become unavailable to pick up again and that'll mess things up. (Mostly a problem during the Romulan missions.)

Finally, be wary about the mission "Trapped." A wormhole will suck your ship in and transition you to the next area. Or it's supposed to. Quite often you'll get trapped against a chunk of metal space debris or it simply won't transfer you to the next area. If you do get stuck, log out, wait 13 minutes then log in again and you should have respawned into sector space.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know, I know most of us are tired of the Borg, BUT I was thinking:

I'd love to warp into an STF, or a Borg Red Alert and have Alice Krige's smooth, but menacing voice threaten to assimilate me. :D - Total Borgasm !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know, I know most of us are tired of the Borg, BUT I was thinking:

I'd love to warp into an STF, or a Borg Red Alert and have Alice Krige's smooth, but menacing voice threaten to assimilate me. :D - Total Borgasm !

This ^^ would be awesome
    edited January 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    Gowron you have to have Gowron if this is the thread in which I have to post about it !

Gowron

Gowron was killed by Worf on DS9!
    edited January 2014
    It seems in the STO Game there are two types of players. One watches Star Trek: TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager and understands how certain characters are relavant to the 2409 current storyline. Some don't watch the shows and just pull out anything. What do you think?