edited December 2013
    So.. another year with out PVP?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    magnus1a wrote: »
    I would love to see William Shatner involved some how. I believe there was talk about him reappearing as Captain Kirk in the new movie series but that fell through. The original series movies especially Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Kahn was how I was introduced to Star Trek. His portrayal of Captain Kirk was and still is a childhood hero of mine.

Go stand in a corner and listen to his voice work for those godawful Bethesda games.

I like the Shat and all, but he doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm for working in games.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So.. another year with out PVP?

Do you want PvP lockboxes, and PvP currency to spend on PvP reputation grinds?

Make no mistake, if PvP receives any attention, it will be to add grind and microtransactions.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Awesome! Great work in 2013, dev team! Your efforts did show, despite some of the more negative forum members complaining about everything.

As for Star Trek alumni I'd like to see... since we're going big into the Delta quadrant, I'd love to see just about anyone you can get from Voyager, but particularly Kate Mulgrew or Robert Picardo. Tim Russ could be really cool too, if you can manage to get him.

As for outside of Voyager, I'd love to see Andrew Robinson reprise his role as Garak. Nana Visitor would be awesome too, though I'm not sure what you could do with the Kai. :P
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Brunt, Weyoun, Shran, Tiron, Kevin Mulkahey, Penk, Krem!

Remember he is a clone and would look and sound exactly the same. :D

Jeffrey Combs, Jeffrey Combs, Jeffrey Combs!

Plus he have made so many characters that he could do VO work for all of them both past and present ones (thanks to time travels). ;)
  • Options
    skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still don't understand why you guys are so big about keeping secrets. Just as long as Season 9 brings about the reputation upgrades to the other progression lines.

And something has to be done about the fleet system. Commendations made reputation grinding bearable; but the need to be in a big fleet to get access to the best ships and consoles is ridiculous. Even dedicated small fleets are still only just climbing up to T3/T4 on their main starbase, and don't even get me started on these other buildings you guys keep adding.

The main obstacle is the dillithium cap. The only way you can really help small fleets in a substantial enough way is to remove that cap entirely. We also need a better way to grind expertise at level 50 than trying to get into a mirror invasion time slot.
  • Options
    panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would love to hear Brent Spiner & Patrick Stewart. Like others have mentioned, if there will be another faction added to the game please consider making them a complete and seperate faction. Unique Doff Missions, unique star base, etc.

-Please make all public queues cross faction.

-Give us earth cats as non-combat pets.

-Revamp crafting

-Do something with PvP....something....anything!

-Add more ships to fight in the contested zone and more to do in the Dyson Space adventure zone. Challenging mini missions with things other than timers to complete. It's quite strange this was supposed to be a space adventure zone yet the ground battle zone itself is much more fun and seems better developed. This is coming from someone who almost never does ground too.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, pity there werent some more Wayoun clones stashed away somewhere (or were there???)... I'd love to hear some Jeffrey Combs in STO (he kills it in TSW!)

But... what happened with General Martok? I'm sure you could talk J G Hertzler into doing a reprisal 8) Or Andrew Robinson, or...

JG Hertzler is the mayor of a town in New York right now. If memory serves, he campaigned as bringing a Klingon touch to town government.

Last I heard he won in a landslide.

Oh, and +1 to both Captain/Admiral Data and Weyoun. Jeffery Combs pwns.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, can we have cardassians as a faction next, include playable breen, vorta, jem'hadar and you got a solid area...plus

lets not do the delta quadrant k...its been explored and we found out there was no coffee in that nebula

please please consider using the devices already in game....
    Im talking about the damn stable wormhole to the gamma quadrant that we saw very little of, it would bring life back to ds9 that it sorely needs
    commander roxey is all alone looking special in her omega gear im sure shes bored by now

Cardassians, the Dominion...and the GAMMA QUADRANT FOR 2014! not the DELTA
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If I may summarize this thread as it progressed thus far:

"Please no playable Borg faction"

"Please improve PvP"

As for desired celebrity VOs, opinions are pretty varied. Jeffrey Combs (Brunt/Weyoun), George Takei (Sulu) and Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) have all been mentioned several times.
  • Options
    cabldawgcabldawg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for keeping the prime universe alive and well and giving us the opportunity to boldly explore the beloved Star trek Universe. :)

Oh and Admiral Janeway plz or any of the Voyager crew really would be perfect for the continuing storyline in the Delta Quadrant.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kagasensei wrote: »
    If I may summarize this thread as it progressed thus far:

"Please no playable Borg faction"

"Please improve PvP"

As for desired celebrity VOs, opinions are pretty varied. Jeffrey Combs (Brunt/Weyoun), George Takei (Sulu) and Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) have all been mentioned several times.

+1 million to the first. Meh to the second.

IMHO pvp is too Fed-Klingon focused right now. I hate the war story arc, and the pvp is jsut facilitating it.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Borg in 2014.
    "But the Borg are nothing if not resilient.
    They retreated, waited, planned ... and they adapted."

Gamma Orionis is basically empty, a Borg sub-faction could easily fill the void.
    Borg sub-plots already exist in-game during the campaign so integration of new Borg leveling content would be smooth.
    Just as the Sphere was a pedestal for Dorn, many ST alumni could be featured in the Borg content in much the same way.
    "Borgified" versions of select C-Store ships could be offered to this new faction with a new ship feature requested on these forums that is quite interesting, a secondary deflector.

Plus, it will be cool to park my Tac Cube outside ESD and type "resistance is futile" in zone chat all damn day.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I want George Takei and Sir Patrick Stewart. The former because he is the coolest man on Earth, and the latter because he's the world's second-greatest actor (tied for first and second with Sir Ian McKellen).

Of course, George Takei's busy being awesome and fighting for equal rights and I heard that Sir Patrick Stewart doesn't want to go back to Trek, so getting either of them would be tough.

Realistically, Wil Wheaton would be great, because (a) he's cool and (b) he'd definitely have time to do it. William Shatner would jump at the chance, and I love his ham. Not sure about the others.

Benedict Cumberbatch would be insanely busy, but give him a role that is NOT a high-functioning sociopath and he might do it (plus, he's one of the top 3 greatest actors in the world). Sir Ian McKellen has not done any Trek work to my knowledge, but he's an awesome guy with an awesome voice. I'd love to hear him.

My 2 slips of latinum.

Takei is too involved in what hes doing and to be honest to him, hes coming to his 80's so at some point hes likely to drop what hes doing and call it a day. however, there is an outside chance. i get the idea money doesnt meant too much to him with everything he has going on.

Stewart will be a really tough sell, hes private and some of the documentaries i have seen gives me the sense hes a private high strung type. so a lot of specific demands will likely be made, some that could be a bit unreasonable for cryptic and pwe to answer.

Wheaton as Wesley? rather not, unless there is a significant time travel FE coming at some point. Wesley's journey will likely go unnoticed.

Cumberbach. thats probably not gonna happen for a while. paramount probably has a contract with him for the next one considering where the latest jjcrapverse film left off in the plot. paramount controls the trek films, so cbs would have no rights to him if its an exclusive contract.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rezking wrote: »
    The Borg in 2014.

Gamma Orionis is basically empty, a Borg sub-faction could easily fill the void.
    Borg sub-plots already exist in-game during the campaign so integration of new Borg leveling content would be smooth.
    Just as the Sphere was a pedestal for Dorn, many ST alumni could be featured in the Borg content in much the same way.
    "Borgified" versions of select C-Store ships could be offered to this new faction with a new ship feature requested on these forums that is quite interesting, a secondary deflector.

Plus, it will be cool to park my Tac Cube outside ESD and type "resistance is futile" in zone chat all damn day.

Did you do that on purpose?^^ What you write sounds like a nightmare. I think you are sarcastic...

MORE borgified ships... 100s of playable gigantic but friendly Tac Cubes swarming Earth orbit... Creepy. Revolting. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    TNG CREW AGES IN 2409...
    JEAN LUC PICARD: 104
    BEVERLY CRUSHER: 85
    WILL RIKER: 74
    DEANNA TROI: 73
    GEORDI LAFORGE: 74
    WORF: 69
    WESLEY CRUSHER: 61

VOYAGER CREW AGES IN 2409...
    B'ELANNA TORRES: 60
    HARRY KIM: 60
    7 OF 9: 59
    TUVOK: 145
    CHAKOTAY: 80
    THE DOCTOR: N/A
    KATHRYN JANEWAY: 77 (Est.)
    TOM PARIS: 66 (Est.)
    NAOMI WILDMAN: 37
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Stewart will be a really tough sell, hes private and some of the documentaries i have seen gives me the sense hes a private high strung type. so a lot of specific demands will likely be made, some that could be a bit unreasonable for cryptic and pwe to answer.

Stewart has been in more Star Trek games the any other of the actors, pretty sure he would be willing to come on.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Takei is too involved in what hes doing and to be honest to him, hes coming to his 80's so at some point hes likely to drop what hes doing and call it a day. however, there is an outside chance. i get the idea money doesnt meant too much to him with everything he has going on.

Wheaton as Wesley? rather not, unless there is a significant time travel FE coming at some point. Wesley's journey will likely go unnoticed.

Cumberbach. thats probably not gonna happen for a while. paramount probably has a contract with him for the next one considering where the latest jjcrapverse film left off in the plot. paramount controls the trek films, so cbs would have no rights to him if its an exclusive contract.

George Takei IS a massive Trekkie, though. That might provide leverage...

Maybe have a special "It's OK to be Takei" reward package as part of the rollout, where people can get random equal-rights themed cosmetic items?

Or a Pure Awesomeness console, that gives an "Oh myyyyyyy" sound effect when activated and gives a buff to everything? Not necessarily a big buff, for parity purposes, but a buff to everything because of pure awesomeness.

Have Q give them out at ESD and Qo'nos. Q is kind of allowed to break the 4th wall, because he's Q, and it would be a great treat for the players.

Wil Wheaton could just come in to voice a random new character; no need to bring the Wesley h8terz out of the woodwork. I just mentioned him because he's wicked awesome.

Benedict Cumberbatch is on my list because awesome. I just hope that the next JJnotpureTrekverse film falls through.

Or CBS and Paramount get together and let PWE bring New!Khan into the game through nonsensical time travel mechanics. It doesn't need to make sense, it just has to provide an excuse.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kagasensei wrote: »
    Did you do that on purpose?^^ What you write sounds like a nightmare. I think you are sarcastic...

MORE borgified ships... 100s of playable gigantic but friendly Tac Cubes swarming Earth orbit... Creepy. Revolting. Ridiculous.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!11!1!
    Was it a tr0lol...or was I serious?
    You decides.

*HINT: I was serious.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Realistically, Wil Wheaton would be great, because (a) he's cool and (b) he'd definitely have time to do it.
    My 2 slips of latinum.

I think I heard in a Podcast that Wheaton would be interested in having a part if it had nothing to do with Wesley.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    TNG CREW AGES IN 2409...
    JEAN LUC PICARD: 104
    BEVERLY CRUSHER: 85
    WILL RIKER: 74
    DEANNA TROI: 73
    GEORDI LAFORGE: 74
    WORF: 69
    WESLEY CRUSHER: 61

VOYAGER CREW AGES IN 2409...
    B'ELANNA TORRES: 60
    HARRY KIM: 60
    7 OF 9: 59
    TUVOK: 145
    CHAKOTAY: 80
    THE DOCTOR: N/A
    KATHRYN JANEWAY: 77 (Est.)
    TOM PARIS: 66 (Est.)
    NAOMI WILDMAN: 37

Tuvok's a Vulcan, they live much longer than Humans do. Twice as long at least. The entire TNG crew was irradiated by magic life extension particles in ST: Insurrection. That provides an excuse.

And Wesley Crusher's a superpowered Traveler alien. He probably doesn't age like humans do.

Skip the Voyager guys; the writing for that show sucked. Seven/Chatokay is an awful pairing, mostly because Seven and Janeway were clearly hot for each other. And Chatokay trips my gaydar in SPADES.
  • Options
    endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really wonder what that picture is off. Also, they specifically said episodes. Can a new featured series finally be coming?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    to my own thoughts on the matter. i would like to see a powerful important race introduced in late 2014. lots of voices for dominion and cardassian, but its entirely possible there could be a playable outside the alpha/beta quadrant races, into the delta quadrant perhaps? considering how its written towards that end. meaning if its delta quadrant based race, there is not much to find beyond kazon/trabe, hugh's borg/janeways borg resistance and maybe the viidians. all this assuming..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    More thoughts: I do NOT want more Delta Quadrant stuff. I DO want some Iconians to shoot.

Seriously, devs. This is driving me nuts. I based my Romulan's backstory around the Iconians' evil plot basically TRIBBLE up her life at every turn. I hypothesize that the Iconians are behind every bad thing that has happened in Star Trek since before the ENT era.

I just wanna shoot them already. I don't need Kazon thugs or organ-harvesting Viidians. Just gimme some Iconians to shoot.
  • Options
    enterpriseussenterpriseuss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Favourite characters I?d like to see are the captains: KIRK, PICARD & ARCHER of the main Starfleet flagship: USS ENTERPRISE NCC:1701 & JANEWAY of the: USS VOYAGER.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Reflection" means a. Mental concentration; careful consideration.
    b. A thought or an opinion resulting from such consideration.

I don't see much of any of that is this letter. A CV is not a set of reflections about the direction of the game.

ps. Picardo would be a great addition that would tie in with a lot of forgotten stuff in the path to 2409.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bring me the Voice of Brent Spiner Data lives!!!!!!

Also GFG job to te Devs high hopes for the future of the game!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    ps. Picardo would be a great addition that would tie in with a lot of forgotten stuff in the path to 2409.

Seconded. Seconded heartily.
  • Options
    methos5kmethos5k Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for a great year of STO - I'm looking forward to what's ahead in 2014 :)

Regards
  • Options
    caocaopuffcaocaopuff Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Been around since beta and this game has grown and developed far beyond my initial expectations. Thanks for all the hard work and most definitely looking forward to what the next year brings.

Set course for 2014. Maximum warp :)