What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2013 Reflections - A Letter From the STO Team

Comments

• Options
    jadzia8jadzia8 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i think it would be great to have the entire Voyager bridge crew back. Kathryn Janeway, Tuvok, Harry Kim, Seven of Nine, Neelix, Tom Paris, B?Elanna Torres, and perhaps kes. maybe more appearances of Miral Paris? i think i will say what everyone else is: no more borg!

wait. what about the timeship Relativity? Cpt. Braxton? more Time Travel?
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mission wise, I'd like to see a mission and character in STO develop based on an episode I just watched of the TNG. Season 3 - Episode 10: The Defector, has an Romulan Admiral that dies after defecting with fasle information on a Romulan invasion. This Admiral left a letter to his wife and daughter when he ingested a something that took his life and it's hinted that this letter be delivered at a point when The Federation and Romulan's are on better terms. Although this Admiral's wife may no longer be alive, perhaps a mission that finds his daughter to finally deliver the letter he left for her and her mother, explaining why he defected.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    conras1conras1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One character I'd really like to see is Data! He would be awesome for STO! Anther expansion could be Android bridge officers, similar to Mr. Data.
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    4) Quadrants and Andromeda: According to the End of Voyager, about 22 years was shaved off the journey from the Delta Quadrant to Earth thanks to an Alternate Janeway. There is still a large section of the Delta Quadrant unexplored. Were in the Delta Quadrant is the Solanea Dyson Sphere?
    There wasn't actually as much missed of the Delta Quadrant due to Alternate-Future Janeway as one might think - while the series (just as DS9, except DS9 was far, far worse about it) tended to neglect mentioning the Beta Quadrant, Voyager would have to cross the Beta Quadrant to get to Earth, which would take at least some time. Of course, there is still a lot of Quadrant unexplored - Voyager was a single ship which explored a bit on the side (so to speak) while having a different primary mission (getting home). Even the Alpha and Beta Quadrants are to a large degree unexplored, and that's with centuries of starships flying around on dedicated exploration missions!
    Mission wise, I'd like to see a mission and character in STO develop based on an episode I just watched of the TNG. Season 3 - Episode 10: The Defector, has an Romulan Admiral that dies after defecting with fasle information on a Romulan invasion. This Admiral left a letter to his wife and daughter when he ingested a something that took his life and it's hinted that this letter be delivered at a point when The Federation and Romulan's are on better terms. Although this Admiral's wife may no longer be alive, perhaps a mission that finds his daughter to finally deliver the letter he left for her and her mother, explaining why he defected.
    His daughter has actually already been introduced - she's the Republic's counterpart to Shon, and shows up in Sphere of Influence (she mentions Alidar Jarok, the admiral you refer to, as her father, and touches upon the events of the episode if asked).
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fatman592 wrote: »
    2013 has been the best year ever for STO, awesome. That'll stick in the craw of all the "sky is falling" trolls.

I'm thinking Garak or potentially Gul Moset (Marc Alaimo, Gul Dukat before there was a Dukat, TNG: The Wounded). Moset would be cool as I recall reading DS9 books which reintroduced this character post dominion war. Either way, I see a Cardassian mini-faction coming, and these two would be optimal.

But really, please, please, please, give me more Jeffery Combs, he was fantastic in DS9 and ENT. I think getting any of the Captains would be a huge stretch.

If there are to be no new factions, and we're getting more Voyager, I'd be happy to talk to Captain Kim (Garret Wang) as a mission contact over Captain Shon any day of the week.

Good for cryptic, but I smell some funny math- more players online at the same time makes sense since an entirely new faction was created with new content and a free character slot existing players as well as new fans from the recent movie all flocked to play the new content at the same time. With it came more power creep, more bugs than ever, server lag and stalls, and more freebies than I can remember.

PvP got nothing
    Arc got forced on new installs
    foundry still hasn't gotten better tools

Cryptic says they did well in 2013 but I had the worst time with STO I've ever had in 2013.
    The sky has fallen on some of us. I hope they do better next year, to try to bring some of us back to STO, tho many of us won't make it back.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lordinsane wrote: »
    His daughter has actually already been introduced - she's the Republic's counterpart to Shon, and shows up in Sphere of Influence (she mentions Alidar Jarok, the admiral you refer to, as her father, and touches upon the events of the episode if asked).

That gives me a reason to actually run that mission once I get a character up to that point. :)
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If at some point Cardassians do get brought into the fold, besides Andrew Robinson and Garak, another cool talent might be Casey Biggs (Damar). He was pretty awesome during the end of the Dominion War!
  • Options
    jpositive1jpositive1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want to see some characters from ENT. Especially Archer or Trip.
    (Temporal episode)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm not sure it needs a faction per se but it needs something big. For example, I could see an alternate cross faction leveling path and new professions as an expansion.

The important thing to me is some kind of game defining set of new features that would matter to new players and new characters and content/systems overhaul built around a major theme.
    Well, let's look at just how much stuff was in LoR:

-Romulan faction
    -a Dozen or so new Romulan ships
    -Romulan doffs
    -Romulan doff missions
    -several new social zones
    -several dozen missions for the Romulan Republic storyline
    -revamped story missions for KDF
    -new adventure zone, Nimbus, that works for all players.
    -New enemies, the Elachi, along with unique powers
    -and of course a new lock box with new stuff in it.

That's several seasons worth of stuff.
    jpositive1 wrote: »
    I want to see some characters from ENT. Especially Archer or Trip.
    (Temporal episode)
    Or Silik! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dillywhackdillywhack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As we near the end of 2013, it's a great time to reflect on the past year in Star Trek Online and to take a peek into the future of the game.

Link to the letter.
    Add Borg Characters Like you did romulans. Play as borg would be nice. (gets level captains/30)

(Gets borg cube)

Time to destroy ley enterprise:3
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A fourth playable faction within STO would be most welcome. And the prime candidate is: The Cardassians!

You have a wealth of voice talent to draw from.

STO needs to grow in new directions to remain fresh.

Make it so.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tucana66 wrote: »
    A fourth playable faction within STO would be most welcome. And the prime candidate is: The Cardassians!

You have a wealth of voice talent to draw from.

STO needs to grow in new directions to remain fresh.

Make it so.

Star Trek: Keeping Up With The Cardasssians

Details how they decide they are recovered enough, kick the Federation to the curb and begin a massive arms race. All the other powers are forced to invent "MK 15 Ultra-Super-Purple" gear in order to compete.

Oh and it will be a grind-map-season. Instead of actually having popup missions you'll just fly around a map and pick up coins.
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    -Romulan doffs
    Technically, we got that the season before (through the Fleet Embassy).
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Star Trek: Keeping Up With The Cardasssians

<Shatner voice> NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </Shatner voice>
  • Options
    therealmalcadortherealmalcador Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would love to see Jeri Ryan make an appearance in game. For any possible Borg storyline it really makes sense to involve 7 of 9. Regarding her age in 2409 i don't see a problem there. With all the Borg tech she probably does not age as average humans do.
  • Options
    dsqrddsqrd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to hear from Sisko or Data. THe would have some great stories to share.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Patrick Stewart. None other shall suffice.

So.......

MAKE IT SO!

;)

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are we getting the Federation Dreadnought Set soon?
  • Options
    jurrethjurreth Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sure its already been mentioned but I didn't read through the whole thread...I personally would love to see Riker make an appearance in some way as well as Dr. Bashir and Chief O'Brien.
    Rear Admiral Jureth
    Senior Retention and Recruitment Officer
    Command Division, Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    [obvious sarcasm]
    Cardassians...really?
    I guess it would be easier on the Devs.
    All they would have to do is copy/paste the Romulan content.
    Then they could go that extra mile and copy/paste the Romulan content for a Bajoran faction so we can have the DS9 thing all over again.
    Sure, why not.
    It makes sense because I haz teh Defiant.
    [/obvious sarcasm]

A Dyson Sphere has just been introduced to the game and people want the Cardassians as a playable faction?
    Can you people watch the OTHER Star Trek shows, first?
    DS9 was good but...really?

The Borg makes sense.
    The Undine makes sense.
    The Voth makes sense.
    The Tholians makes sense.
    The Breen makes sense.
    The Iconians (or subservient race thereof) makes sense.
    The Cardassians, in the words of the great Jedi Master Yoda:
    Sense, it makes not.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dillywhack wrote: »
    Add Borg Characters Like you did romulans. Play as borg would be nice. (gets level captains/30)

(Gets borg cube)

Time to destroy ley enterprise:3

Are you doing that on purpose?
    Playable Borg as a faction are as close to ultimate disaster as this game could possibly get.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Playable Borg as a faction are as close to ultimate disaster as this game could possibly get.

Agreed. This +10
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rezking wrote: »
    [obvious sarcasm]
    Cardassians...really?
    I guess it would be easier on the Devs.
    All they would have to do is copy/paste the Romulan content.
    Then they could go that extra mile and copy/paste the Romulan content for a Bajoran faction so we can have the DS9 thing all over again.
    Sure, why not.
    It makes sense because I haz teh Defiant.
    [/obvious sarcasm]

A Dyson Sphere has just been introduced to the game and people want the Cardassians as a playable faction?
    Can you people watch the OTHER Star Trek shows, first?
    DS9 was good but...really?

The Borg makes sense.
    The Undine makes sense.
    The Voth makes sense.
    The Tholians makes sense.
    The Breen makes sense.
    The Iconians (or subservient race thereof) makes sense.
    The Cardassians, in the words of the great Jedi Master Yoda:
    This is of course your opinion, and I don't agree with it, I would welcome playing as a Cardassian.
    So, you are saying that playing as Borg is a disaster? I don't agree with that, if done right, it could work very well. Then again, playing as normal Borg would be impossible (they're "villainous" in the story, and therefore won't make sense doing it). There is really one way to do this where everyone can benefit: Unimatrix 0, or something similar to it.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    swgnonaswgnona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What celebrity voices would I like to see join the ranks of our beloved stars who have already contributed their time and voices? - ALL OF THEM! Bashir, Ezri, Major Kira, Sisko, Kirk, Sulu, Picard, Riker, Archer, Trip, T'pol, B'Elanna, Geordi, Troi, Beverly Crusher and Wesley, Data, Phlaax, etc, etc, etc,- any and all of them would be greatly thanked by the STO players like me. I say this with the hopes that PWE doesn't raise zen store prices, but, This is the greatest game out there, and it is no surprise that it will win game of the year, again, like it always has.

I thank you for bringing the celebrities to this game in the past, and I have high hopes for the future, as my favorite actors might reprise their roles for us, here. Thank you for blowing our minds with the new content! You have brilliant writers. Here is wishing you at Cryptic the best Holiday season, and a Joyous New Year! You make us Trekkies, Treksters, Trekists, and Trekkers very happy!
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, pity there werent some more Wayoun clones stashed away somewhere (or were there???)... I'd love to hear some Jeffrey Combs in STO (he kills it in TSW!)

But... what happened with General Martok? I'm sure you could talk J G Hertzler into doing a reprisal 8) Or Andrew Robinson, or...

Yes!!! Combs was a great character he played Weyoun so well, I think they were going for that in The DS9 FEs with whats his name, see he was that memorable. Replace him with Weyoun and get the Founders voice its different in the last 2 episodes.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, you are saying that playing as Borg is a disaster?

Absolutely.
    I don't agree with that, if done right, it could work very well. Then again, playing as normal Borg would be impossible (they're "villainous" in the story, and therefore won't make sense doing it). There is really one way to do this where everyone can benefit: Unimatrix 0, or something similar to it.

If you are asking why that is my opinion, the answer is right there in your post.
    I like my Borg to be scary, collective cyber zombies from space.
    I don't want to relate to them. I don't want to play as them. I want them as mysterious as they can get, and as dangerous as they can get.

The Borg Queen was the first wrong step on a long road of making the Borg less appealing to me.
    While I can live with the Queen, Voyager really overdid it with the Borg.
    It made them only a few hundred years old (as opposed to TNG, in which Guinan stated they are much older).
    We have Unimatrix Zero and a rebellion against the Collective (talking about butchering the anti-indiviualistic nature of the Borg) and finally, Voyager went out to one-shot Borg Cubes with weapons 30 years from the Federation future.

STO should be working on reversing some of the bad decisions made regarding the Borg, not enforcing them by making some nice Hugh-Unimatrix-Zero-Borg a playable faction.

Not to mention the frickin' Borg ships in orbit of the Earth, Quo'Nos and Mol'Rihan.

There is not a single realistic idea I can think of that be worse (imho) then adding a Borg faction.
    You just can't do them justice. The only thing you can do is to create a half assed Unimatrix Zero faction.
    And those wouldn't even be true Borg. Being Borg is all about being a hive mind. It's the entire concept behind them.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, pity there werent some more Wayoun clones stashed away somewhere (or were there???)... I'd love to hear some Jeffrey Combs in STO (he kills it in TSW!)

But... what happened with General Martok? I'm sure you could talk J G Hertzler into doing a reprisal 8) Or Andrew Robinson, or...

Martok just got elected to city office last month or two somewhere back east I think. Look it up.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well that would be stupid. It would be annoying and highly insulting to do that kind of thing, mixing up events and TRIBBLE things up with character interaction from different episodes....just, no. It would smell too much like Abrams garbage.

But having the ENT characters in a FLASH-BACK during an episode, yes. Kind of like in Assassin's Creed. You have flash-backs, but you can still play limited things within those flashbacks.

I don't see why that would be stupid since we already do time travel stuff with other famous characters in the game. We go back in time and save Scotty and Bones from being eaten by Dividians after all. With the whole temporal cold war thing going on in ENT, having a time travel episode is right up Archer's (and the ENT crew's) alley.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I look forward into making a Vorta Female as part of the (hopes and prays) Dominion/Cardaissian faction named Yaya Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! in this upcoming year.