Comments

• carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like to see any DS9 actors!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cabouse wrote: »
    Will there be any chances that this ship http://imgur.com/a/vzwIH
    Will ever make an appearance it was designed by the guy that came second in the design the enterprise competition and has to be one of the best and simplest designs ever.

Oh my.

That is pretty. Like, really pretty. It's... it's like the artist took everything that was right about every hard canon Enterprise and put it all together into one sexy beast of a ship.

Well except those winglets, those were dumb on the Gal-X and they're dumb here, but that's nitpickery of the highest order and I'd have no trouble overlooking those at all if I could get behind the helm of this sucker.
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    glasgow4 wrote: »
    If somehow Data 2.0 makes an appearance, I'd like to see the story of his resurrection revised a bit. I get that they used Countdown because they were lead to believe it was canon, but now that it's not Cryptic should come up with their own version. Are we really expected to believe that Data's friends would murder his brother in order to bring him back? But wait, murder is okay as long as your victim is unpopular. :rolleyes: Obviously whoever wrote that garbage watched a very different Star Trek: The Next Generation than I did.

I thought that too, it sounds horrible on paper but there's a novel out, Needs of the Many that details it. It manages in one chapter what takes the regular novels 3 books and it does it much better. B4 wasn't murdered, they were just trying to retrieve the Data programming from him when... well, its a story with a philosophical theme worthy of a TNG episode. I mean, seriously, it was good enough it made me check out the game and I had HATED the idea of overwriting his brother before.
    edited December 2013
    Oh yeah, and my wishlist.

Dear Santa Devs,
    Please bring me in 2014:
    1) More of the Dyson Sphere story. There is a lot going on there and we should have some episodes exploring it. How about an STF where you're on the original scout team? Some followup episodes where you actually get some Voth with authority to talk to you, rather than just the defectors and dissidents. (I can understand, given how they are, that we got right into a conflict but seriously... We tried to negotiate with the Undine, we're have to try and talk to these guys.)
    2) As others pointed out, only Romulans know the Elachi, so please make some introductions. The Elachi are flocking to the open gates according to the dialogue, we should be seeing them on patrols and in PvE missions.
    3) We should also be finding these newly opened Iconian gates all over the place. How about a patrol or two for dealing with whatever else comes out?
    4) The other flagships. I love Shon and like running into him (one of your best voice actors), but now that we've seen his counterparts can we work with them too? Or have an ep where the Fed players work with Shon, the KDF with Koren and the Romulans with their flagship Captain?
    5) An cut scene where Nelen Exil from the Dyson rep meets Researcher Adr'anna from the Romulan rep and Sphere of Influence and tells her what a reckless idiot she is. Put it whereever you feel it would best fit.

And my vote for special celebrity guest voice is Data as well. Also, Deanna Troi.

Thank you for all of your hard work this year.

PS - I think 5 would be good for morale.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BROKEN?!?!?

Please reflect on that. I'm seeing more posts popping up about all of the bugs, and it would be nice to get a major Quality of Life pass before any new major content is added.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    morchades wrote: »
    And my vote for special celebrity guest voice is Data as well. Also, Deanna Troi.
    ESPECIALLY if she crashes another Enterprise. Troi in STO *MUST* crash the Enterprise again somehow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    ESPECIALLY if she crashes another Enterprise. Troi in STO *MUST* crash the Enterprise again somehow.

Actually, the controls were already locked out when she got to them.

Really, if anyone's responsible for crashing the ship its the guy issuing commands, Riker. ;)
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2013

that saucer was going down anyways you know why dont you its was not because of troi but the warp core breach from the Stardive that made it go down...... do you recall troi saying helm controls are offline could also be why to ya know.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • jazonshay1983jazonshay1983 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wishlist for 2014:

- Develope Romulans/Remans to a real third faction with their own starbases, dil mines etc.

- revamp PVP (doesn't need to be feds vs roms vs klings, maybe then it makes it easier with three factions)

- bring some VO-actors into the game that make sense (Combs/Garak for Dominion/Cardassian Story or Mulgrew/Picardo for the Delta Quadrant, just wherever the journey will take us)

- after making the Romulans a full faction (see above) introduce a new mini faction (Cardassians), that later (2015) can be developed into a full faction

-AND: NO.Playable.Borg.Faction. !
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wishlist for 2014:

- Develope Romulans/Remans to a real third faction with their own starbases, dil mines etc.

- revamp PVP (doesn't need to be feds vs roms vs klings, maybe then it makes it easier with three factions)

- bring some VO-actors into the game that make sense (Combs/Garak for Dominion/Cardassian Story or Mulgrew/Picardo for the Delta Quadrant, just wherever the journey will take us)

- after making the Romulans a full faction (see above) introduce a new mini faction (Cardassians), that later (2015) can be developed into a full faction

-AND: NO.Playable.Borg.Faction. !

1. I disagree. Rommies are fine as they are. Just...maybe fix the idea behind PVP, so that we don't have rommies killing rommies anymore? Which ties into your second point and my ideas for it.

2. This is definitely a thing. The war only really exists for PVP. Turn it into holodeck simulations, and you can end the war easily. No need to alter the mechanics beyond what is necessary for player enjoyment, just fix the entry dialogue and you're fine. This is relatively simple, like an in-between-seasons gift to players. Maybe a 4th anniversary present for players?

3. Combs or Picardo if the big names can't/won't do it. Mulgrew is a great person, but Picardo is a better actor.

I am a massive Combs fan, and I liked the Doctor even before his awesome cameo in First Contact. ("I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!". Priceless)

4. AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me poorly-explained cardies+dominion, give me playable Voth, give me Kazon, give me Tholians--those all would make no sense, but I'd tolerate them better than a playable Borg faction.

The Borg are cool, but they are BAD GUYS. The Borg Queen wouldn't be so hot if she weren't so evil (or if she weren't such an efficient TRIBBLE, but that's besides the point). If everyone can play Seven of Nine (which they WILL, if we get playable borg for non-LTS players), then it won't be fun anymore.

We already have enough Seven of Nine clones running around. I have seen multiple Six Of Nines, Annika Sevens, Sevens, and even a Seven Hansen. And that's only counting the ones that look like clones of Jeri Ryan.

If you add the ones that look like Seven with major chest implants, the number quintuples, easily. Adding the ones that have different looks, you add another fifty or sixty percent. Total of several hundred to a thousand Seven clones, minimum.

Eighty percent of whom have DDD TRIBBLE.

Please, Cryptic, do not think with that which is between your legs. Give us Jem'Hadar, not back-breakingly buxom Seven clones.
  • macrilenmacrilen Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like the game but there is still a lot of "it" missing.

Things I would suggest:

- New free ships. or perhaps some new textures/kitbashes
    - repairing bugs
    - New textures/sounds. Perhaps some new textures for weapons in space or ground
    - STF's, To be honest, i would love to see a bit more. Yes we are getting there, but drop the "limited" rewards. Just make everything "choice of marks".
    - Difference in weapons(ground). They are all looking at each other, perhaps i'm gonna back to the texture part, but all the pulse waves look the same. Make for each type a difference..

Season 8 is imo also nothing that special. There are no real missions or anything, just a new place and that's it and some grinding (could be i'm missing something important here but its just something to say: "here we have the voth and they want this..."

Is it that hard to start making more missions? I loved the ds9/dominion missions, would love to see some more of that. More DS9 based stuff.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shantavi wrote: »
    Fix the myriad of costume issues (especially with the Z-store costumes) and then we'll start talking about having a good year.

Oh this doesn't even begin to form the starting block of what they need to fix before we start talking about a good year. More bugs then ever entered the game and I am certain a lower %age then ever was fixed. Yes we have a great new expansion and a new season, doesn't change the fact there is a myriad of bugs that are ruining things that are not being taken care of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it's been an excellent year and the developer's have produced some excellent stuff.

I'd agree with a lot of posters and say what is needed is a bit of resolution or continuity of existing stories. There's no problem about doing that within an expansion, which seems to be in the Delta quadrant rather than the Gamma (which could be the following expansion!). Ethan Phillips and/or Robert Picardo / Jeri Ryan would be great and logical voice overs.

I do think we also need more filling in on how the conflict on the sphere came about and where it is going - presumably season 9 will cover some of this?

For the rest - I'd like to make some use of all the ships I've got as I've advanced but spend all their time in spacedock. Either something similar to the Doff missions or, the ultimate version, missions where you call them in to support you as if you were a real admiral. You could make that an unlockable feature once you hit lvl 50 so that your more junior ranks aren't over-powered while doing the early missions.

I wouldn't mind a few more doff mission-arcs as well.
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Gowron you have to have Gowron if this is the thread in which I have to post about it !

Gowron
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Marina Sirtis would be fun for when you add the actual planet of Betazed. Or the actress that played her mother.

But I am very glad the STO did not throw in the towel and give up in year 2 like us naysayers were predicting.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Marina Sirtis would be fun for when you add the actual planet of Betazed. Or the actress that played her mother.

But I am very glad the STO did not throw in the towel and give up in year 2 like us naysayers were predicting.
    Majel Barrett-Roddenberry(Lwaxana Troi) is unfortunately deceased.

Sirtis would be nice though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    Gowron you have to have Gowron if this is the thread in which I have to post about it !

Gowron
    During the war with the Dominion, Worf ended up killing Gowron.

'Deep Space Nine' episode "Tacking into the Wind".

Memory Alpha - Gowron
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    venkou wrote: »
    During the war with the Dominion, Worf ended up killing Gowron.

'Deep Space Nine' episode "Tacking into the Wind".

Memory Alpha - Gowron

Oh yeah I forgot about that, damn Worf ! Its those eyes they made me forget !

Brent Spiner I know he said he never wanted to do Data any more but that was onscreen and him ageing, in this he will be ageless and kept forever !
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it's been an excellent year and the developer's have produced some excellent stuff.

I'd agree with a lot of posters and say what is needed is a bit of resolution or continuity of existing stories. There's no problem about doing that within an expansion, which seems to be in the Delta quadrant rather than the Gamma (which could be the following expansion!). Ethan Phillips and/or Robert Picardo / Jeri Ryan would be great and logical voice overs.

I do think we also need more filling in on how the conflict on the sphere came about and where it is going - presumably season 9 will cover some of this?

For the rest - I'd like to make some use of all the ships I've got as I've advanced but spend all their time in spacedock. Either something similar to the Doff missions or, the ultimate version, missions where you call them in to support you as if you were a real admiral. You could make that an unlockable feature once you hit lvl 50 so that your more junior ranks aren't over-powered while doing the early missions.

I wouldn't mind a few more doff mission-arcs as well.

Some great ideas here! I heartily support the idea of an ability to call in some of your other ships for support! As that may take some time to realize, maybe some scripted missions where boffs or doffs can come to the rescue in 1 or more of a player's other ships (selected at random).

capnkirk4, what is your av from? it looks like a TOS episode but i can't make it out clearly enough to hazard a guess. Could you give us a link to the original image?
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Worst character in franchise history.

Oh noooo... that honor would go to Whatever-was-her-name as Picard's love interest of the week in Star Trek Insurrection, played by Donna Murphy AKA Mother Gothel.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited December 2013
    Oh noooo... that honor would go to Whatever-was-her-name as Picard's love interest of the week in Star Trek Insurrection, played by Donna Murphy AKA Mother Gothel.

Agreed. Picard was on FIRE in that one, but the love interest was just WAAAAAAAYY too much Kirking.

Ruined an otherwise-serviceable movie. Ru'afo was fun (especially his screams of "NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"), the main cast was strong, Worf was an unstoppable badass machine, and Picard was in top form--and the love interest spoiled it.

I preferred the Borg Queen and her TRIBBLE fetish gear. She had freaking ATTITUDE.
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Ru'afo was fun (especially his screams of "NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"),
    "Most. Useless. Villain. Ever." --Nostalgia Critic.
    #TASforSTO
    edited December 2013
    "Most. Useless. Villain. Ever." --Nostalgia Critic.

C'mon, he was cool, in an old-school way.
  • rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Season 8 introduced the Voth, our first space adventure zone..." ...and was quickly nerfed.
    Anything else the eases the grind will also, no doubt, get nerfed also.
  • andrewinfloridaandrewinflorida Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    May get a double post of this.

I would like to hear all of the past series's actors play some character in the game. Don't necessarily have to be the ones they portrayed. Add in the movie actors as well. I'm sure Kruge(Chris Lloyd) and Maltz(John Larroquette) had some kind of offspring(separately). A golden star to anyone that can come up with characters that interact played by Larroquette and Spiner(Maybe Spiner could play a Pakled being bossed around by a snooty diplomat played by Larroquette).

Forgot to add. Maybe the audio engineers can work some magic and create new dialog from past performances of Michael Ansara, John Colicos and Andreas Katsulas for some new characters. RiP guys. You created some memorable performances for us fans.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    George Takei IS a massive Trekkie, though. That might provide leverage...

Maybe have a special "It's OK to be Takei" reward package as part of the rollout, where people can get random equal-rights themed cosmetic items?

Or a Pure Awesomeness console, that gives an "Oh myyyyyyy" sound effect when activated and gives a buff to everything? Not necessarily a big buff, for parity purposes, but a buff to everything because of pure awesomeness.

Have Q give them out at ESD and Qo'nos. Q is kind of allowed to break the 4th wall, because he's Q, and it would be a great treat for the players.

Wil Wheaton could just come in to voice a random new character; no need to bring the Wesley h8terz out of the woodwork. I just mentioned him because he's wicked awesome.

Benedict Cumberbatch is on my list because awesome. I just hope that the next JJnotpureTrekverse film falls through.

Or CBS and Paramount get together and let PWE bring New!Khan into the game through nonsensical time travel mechanics. It doesn't need to make sense, it just has to provide an excuse.

no one from jj trek should be in prime universe and no to borg sub faction. We already have dinosaurs with lasers so the game is already a joke so no need to make it more so
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    We already have dinosaurs with lasers so the game is already a joke so no need to make it more so
    It could be worse.

They could be chubby dancing purple dinos who, upon seeing you, would shout "DON'T YOU WANT A HATCHLING FRIEND?" or" THE DOCTRINE IS THE MOST WONDERFUL THING I'VE EVER KNOWN!".

Even if personally, I don't mind the Voth at all, just their far-fetched origin.
    #TASforSTO
    edited December 2013
    It could be worse.

They could be chubby dancing purple dinos who, upon seeing you, would shout "DON'T YOU WANT A HATCHLING FRIEND?" or" THE DOCTRINE IS THE MOST WONDERFUL THING I'VE EVER KNOWN!".

Even if personally, I don't mind the Voth at all, just their far-fetched origin.

NONONONONO!!!! AAAAaaaaa must unsee mustunseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

And I agree, about the Voth.
  • teralnteraln Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to have some VO options for our playable characters (the subtitled silence is bad for the atmosphere in otherwise voiced missions, like in the tutorials) and I'd love for recurring Trek actors like Jeffery Combs, Gary Graham, Suzie Plakson and Vaughn Armstrong to provide VO options for your character. I mean, if playable characters are ever voiced, unless we mute VO, that's the character we're going to hear most often and thus its more important to get right than background characters.

It's not about forcing VO onto people, but providing the option for those who would enjoy it and find its adds to the atmosphere of the feature episodes.

In terms of NPCs, apart from the bigger names others have brought up, I'd suggest former Borg Queens Alice Krige and Susanna Thompson. I think most Star Trek fans are familiar enough with the Borg Queen character. I'd like to hear either or both of their voices again in some capacity. I'd like Salome Jens to reprise her role as the female Changeling (she has a very distinctive voice). And Christopher Plummer (General Chang) would be great as some other Klingon.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2013
    more deta quadrent......................Bleaaaa what we got will be as popular as new romulas once everyone get there 20 comendation points...ghost town

We need real end game content..... like exporing sectors and establishing payer colonys bulding them like a sim city stye colony

using our bridge officers and duty offcers to colonie with . make all of this without respawning make it lethal so there is always a reason to brng more officers out to the colony have it so we supply them with weapons and gear so we dont drop everything at the vendor to sell

building our starships to help protect those colonys with space docks we build just ike in the temporal ambassador mission

starfleet spent most of its time exploring and supporting colonys so did the other Empires

having a fleet of ships and constantly having to repair them restaff them from casualties while building a colony and nurturing it would be a lot of fun It would also be fun just helping others with there colonys

ssomething ike this that a player can buid from the ground up and call their colony would be a wonderful addation to the game and something this game really needs
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse