test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you play your own gender ingame? POLL TIME!!

Comments

• imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mostly females.
    if you want to know my gender just look at my name
    reason i play females, though my main is a guy, is because it is much more pleasant to look at my female chars.
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    I meant in the context that you're looking outside the box. You've managed to think up a TRIBBLE Vulcan for starters. I doubt many people would think of that as common.

The sleazy Ferengi I can already picture.

Whoever came up with the four gender idea for Andorians is a moron. It didn't need to be done.

Biology 101, there are only going to be a maximum of two genders per species. I could be mistaken here but I can't think of a mammal that has more, and last I checked, Andorians were mammals. I know Trek is fiction, but I don't think writing them should allow for moronic statements. :rolleyes:

Well, the TRIBBLE Vulcan is actually an ancient trope. How many of us have written or read Kirk/Spock slash?

Although yeah, every single Ferengi pictured, except for Nog and Rom, has been a sleaze. Even DaiMon Bok, to a certain extent. Funny how the sleazes end up in lots of trouble while Rom gets BOTH the sexy Bajoran and the Grand Nagus's seat.

I agree with your third statement. Four genders makes NO sense for a species from an ice world. It's low-energy enough on Andoria--no need to make it worse by doubling your minimum adult population.

HYPOTHETICALLY, a three- or four-gender species, even a mammal-like species, is possible. However, in an energy-poor, nonvariable environment such as Andoria, where most if not all motile life-forms are by necessity nomadic and spread-out, such a species would be at a severe disadvantage. In fact, I'm surprised that Andorians exist at all--sophonts on an ice planet? Does not compute.

But this is Star Trek, where the Preservers spread DNA irresponsibly across the galaxy. Some artistic license is allowed.
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have 1 male which was my very first character, the rest are female, mainly romulan, my login being, if your gona stare at an TRIBBLE for several hours a day, it may aswell be a nice one.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The GENDER I play ingame is female.
    I don't do the naughty thing on/with my computer. My missus is jealous enough of my avatar. She would drop the hammer on me if she caught me... ...immersing myself... :eek: :D

^^ This made me laugh out loud :P
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am a male

I have:

Fed, lib borg, male

Fed, lib borg, female

Fed, joined trill, female

Fed, alien, female

Kdf, orion, female

Rom, lib borg, female

Rom, alien, female

I don't do the ERP, only perverts (no offence) would care or take offence to me or any guy playing a female in my opinion because they are the ones hoping the answer they get is "female" so they can talk pervy and.... well I don't need to say what else they would be doing.

I never make a secret of what I am irl. I just think females look better in this game. Male characters no matter what options you use all look like young boys (in my opinion), none of them look like men...
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Snip....

Not even sure what to say now. You have taken it to places only crazy town would understand....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited December 2013
    I am a male

I have:

Fed, lib borg, male

Fed, lib borg, female

Fed, joined trill, female

Fed, alien, female

Kdf, orion, female

Rom, lib borg, female

Rom, alien, female

I don't do the ERP, only perverts (no offence) would care or take offence to me or any guy playing a female in my opinion because they are the ones hoping the answer they get is "female" so they can talk pervy and.... well I don't need to say what else they would be doing.

I never make a secret of what I am irl. I just think females look better in this game. Male characters no matter what options you use all look like young boys (in my opinion), none of them look like men...

Pretty much my opinion as well....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm, my character list:

Fed-side:
    Male Vulcan Sci
    Male Alien Engie (Character from SFC)
    Female Betazoid Tac (Daughter of RPG Character's wife)
    Male Joined Trill Sci (RPG Character, long oddball story that I convoluted to include him from medieval times in the 25th century)

KDF:
    Male Klingon
    Female Orion (bet 90% of the guys roll one just to check them out, however, she prefers TOS uniform or beachwear over her native clothes)
    Female Joined Trill Engie
    Semi-temp Gorn Male Sci

Rommie:
    Fed-aligned Male Tac
    Fed-aligned Male Sci
    KDF-aligned Female Reman Engie

As I tend to play the Science class the most, 90% of the time I'm a guy. Hating the Vo'Quv Brick, so I rarely take the Orion out. Not in a rush to buy her a lockbox sci ship, either...

Now, back when I rolled my first fem toon (the Betazoid), I did so for two reasons - one to see exactly how "bad" rolling a fem would be in STO, I remember the stories of guys "twinking" the ladies all the time in EQ hoping that it would be an actual female on the other side of the keyboard and I wanted to see how badly that carried over. The other reason is odd-ish to say the least, it so happened that my young daughter used the betazoid to get used to / into STO some during the summer event, and of course she's more attached to girl toons than her.

And for those who want to play the perv game, my "captain" females are all realistically proportioned and wear pants/full shirts 90% of the time (okay, the orion loves the crop-top winter jacket), while the "BOff" females are the ones that look like they come from the supermodel school of augmentation surgery... What does that tell you about my security and thoughts about being a man...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Not even sure what to say now.
    My work here is done.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • brehusbrehus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Romulan Male (Main)
    Fed female
    KDF male

I have known a few females IRL that play male chars I asked why they and they said because they didn't feel like getting hit on by desperate guys online who can't get a girl IRL

I had to lol on that response
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    all mine are Fem

I have Deety and 3.14159 on my BF's account before I got my own
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's about a 50/50 split, but my favorites are the ladies. ;)
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is the most popular thread I ever created!

I cant stop smiling, or laughing. Everyone is different and 99% of you came to this thread with openness, honestly and humility - so thanks!

Cant wait to see who else adds to it :)
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Depending on how you look at it, Human marriages require three individuals (bridge, groom and vicar/registrar). ;)

Maybe an Andorian marriage requires two such people, so what Phlox was referring too was in fact the number of people, rather than number of genders.

Wedding and marriage are not synonyms. What you're talking about is weddings requiring three individuals, the registrar is not part of the marriage.

Taken in context of the rest of Andorian behavior seen in the show, yes, it's pretty clear he's talking about the number of people and not genders - we know Shran had two romantic partners at separate times and not complex group attachments, one of which produced a taboo hybrid child.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I didnt know starships had genders, tbqh.

Though in Naval tradition one is supposed to refer as a ship as a she.

So I guess all of my ships are chicks.

Whats this avatar TRIBBLE, thats just something I use to sell the loot i get in space to a vendor.

Oh and heres a loop - I play all female avatars as a throwback to a day in another MMO when the female gendered or small races had an advantage in combat = smaller hitbox/harder to hit.

I also tend to make characters that have ridiculous proportions (exception is main, shes all... professional and whatever). Like 4 foot tall orion castoffs with gigantic heads or legs or the like.

If you want to know my IRL gender, meet me in teamspeak. lolz
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • mb52mb52 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Depends on the game really..

First person games.. doesn't matter. 3rd person games though I prefer female toons, despite being male cause.. honestly I prefer to look at a nice female behind while adventuring over the... uh other option. :P
    edited December 2013
    My work here is done.

As is mine.
    ankokuneko wrote: »

Lol

/10 char
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited December 2013
    ankokuneko wrote: »

See, we need more of the guy on the left in STO. I can't get ANY of my male toons to have any muscle.

Heck, Worf has muscle! Riker and Picard have muscle! Mr. Sulu has some awesome martial-artist muscle! Why can't my characters have some meat on their bones?
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm male, my char are female. In MMOs I do female most of the time, except for SWTOR, where I've made about 50/50, some male some female. Mostly interested by the story, and the romance (one character is basically me ingame). And yes, I also made female char with straight romance, before you start on the "pervert" theory. Granted, it felt a bit awkward to seduce a male :D

I prefer to play female for various reason. First, because I'm male. Playing another gender ingame is like playing an alien, it's different from RL. Also, most of the time, customization is simply better and more extended for female.
    Sometimes I play female for a "special" backstory. For example, my imperial Agent on SWTOR is female, because she seduce male to give her information, and then kill them. A black widow gameplay. That would have been less fun played with a male char.

As for the outfit, I never wear bikinis and the like, my character TRIBBLE slider are in the minimum, and I dislike gender specific underwear and "almost nude" kind of armor (see Tera). I don't say I'm prude, that's just I don't feel it's realistic to have someone wearing an underwear during a fight. Except for a super hero.
    I don't truly see any practical reason for any normal Male to play a Female character unless they were being at least a little bit perverted. Lets be honest about it. If someone managed to figure out a ratio of all Women playing Male characters (by choice) and all Men playing female characters (again, by choice) you can bet the male ratio would be the higher one cause we tend to be more perverted in the sense.
    You might be surprised. My mother play a male char on GW 1, and my GF have a male character on Age of Conan (reroll though). And I can swear they are not TRIBBLE or pervert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    when given a choice I always play female cause it's a nicer view (when playing from 3rd person perspective)... unless all the views are butt ugly then I choose the "best" looking one. Best being subjective to the character design.
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My one toon is a romulan make because my otherkin is a ronulan male.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And I'm sure to throw this thread into a tizzy...

You all do know there is a nude mod as well for STO that I am sure many people use.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You all do know there is a nude mod as well for STO that I am sure many people use.

Don't bother appealing the warning you're about to get. ;)
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For those complaining about male characters being too young looking, or not enough muscle - I'll help.

I'm a very built and athletic guy. So in games I play, if I'm able to, I will make my character look like myself. So in STO my main is a Fed-Human that I created to be me in this great gameworld.

A couple of options you can mess around with to get a muscular character.

Shoulder width, torso options, leg options, arm/leg muscle, the other shoulder option, hands and feet being a block bigger than other stuff (like 2/3 or 3/4 of the bar full)

You can also play around with a characters neck and head shape so it fits your characters body type.

An EASY way is to create a GORN character - then go look at the body sliders and see what is used for what. Then seeing this "muscular" template that most gorn characters get at the start, you go on your own character and do what you saw on the Gorn.

Anyways, GL! S!
    edited December 2013

Well, the devs and mods are gonna hit you pretty hard...

Seriously, I throw snowballs at nude modders. I caught one once in winter wonderland about two weeks back. Me and a gang of my fleetmates snowballed him until he logged. Good, clean, honest fun. :D

Nude modders should be permabanned, both for being pathetic and for being annoying.
    edited December 2013
    xaosmg123 wrote: »
    For those complaining about male characters being too young looking, or not enough muscle - I'll help.

I'm a very built and athletic guy. So in games I play, if I'm able to, I will make my character look like myself. So in STO my main is a Fed-Human that I created to be me in this great gameworld.

A couple of options you can mess around with to get a muscular character.

Shoulder width, torso options, leg options, arm/leg muscle, the other shoulder option, hands and feet being a block bigger than other stuff (like 2/3 or 3/4 of the bar full)

You can also play around with a characters neck and head shape so it fits your characters body type.

An EASY way is to create a GORN character - then go look at the body sliders and see what is used for what. Then seeing this "muscular" template that most gorn characters get at the start, you go on your own character and do what you saw on the Gorn.

Anyways, GL! S!

Smart. I'll try this out.

But what would make my day, for season 9? A muscle definition slider. So my Fed girl can be a 6'8" living weapon instead of a 6'8" lanky...well, unrealistically lanky person. And so that my Klingon can have some serious muscles. Bulk just doesn't do it for her.
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I play 8 toons all female

i have three KDF toons, two Ferasans and a Klingon

one ferasan is a Sci, she's a carrier captain and is the KDF equivalent of an explorer and researcher, she's also a TRIBBLE ^^

my other ferasan toon is Tac, and is a spear point for the KDF, always at the forefront of battle, she is actually transgender and a pansexual (i roleplay her that way anyway, she's male to female)

my final toon is the klingon, an engineer and Raider captain, fierce like all klingons, she eschews ranged weapons for her bat'leth at every opportunity

I have three Fed captains, a trill, caitian, and a vulcan

my caitian engineer is a deep cover Starfleet Intelligence operative spying on the forces of the Mirror Universe

My Trill is a mercenary in the employ of Starfleet Intelligence as well, doing the dirty work most starfleet officers would be loathe to, she like my KDF sci is also a TRIBBLE

My newest Fed is my Vulcan Sci, logical to a fault, but also hopeful of reunification between her people and the romulans, she is more asexual than anything, really doesn't pay attention to sex unless she is experiencing pon farr.

Finally i have two Republic toons, a Romulan and a Reman

Romulan is a sci, and like my vulcan, not very interested in sex, not that she's unfeeling, she loves to socialize, but she's a cerebral person

and my Reman, an engineer, is really a playful woman, but many consider her species...unlovely, so she rarely gets a chance to be romantic with others, and being a Republic Intelligence operative seeking out the Tal Shiar far from Republic space doesn't help either :P

That said, i rarely ERP...though i have in the past, not going to lie, i am a role player sometimes, other times i just like to pew pew

And as for gender....i'm like my ferasan, a male to female transgendered person :)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Well, the devs and mods are gonna hit you pretty hard...

Seriously, I throw snowballs at nude modders. I caught one once in winter wonderland about two weeks back. Me and a gang of my fleetmates snowballed him until he logged. Good, clean, honest fun. :D

Nude modders should be permabanned, both for being pathetic and for being annoying.

...how exactly can you tell? Display changes like that are entirely client-side. Unless the person in question made the mistake of wearing the tattered Orion top with an otherwise full set of metal Orion gear, there should be no way you can reasonably discern who does or does not use those mods.

Unless, of course, you use those mods as well, in which case the affected articles would indeed also be visible to you. But that would mean you have the mod also, which further means you forfeit any right to pick on others using it.
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Being a heterosexual male, I find that I enjoy watching female characters on screen more than I go for "immersion" by playing a male character. I have a mix of both genders but spend most of my game time "handling" my Orion slave girl.
This discussion has been closed.