test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission Broken - "Trapped" *team is investigating*

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have just started the mission "Trapped". I went into the system and scanned the debris. Got to 3 bits scanned, then a wormhole opened and dragged me in. Fine so far.

Now, whilst fighting the Hirogen, I managed to get close enough to the "mouth" of the "bottle" that I warped back out of the pocket dimension, right to the end of the mission, with the missing ship suddenly telling me thanks for finding them!

OK, so I dropped the mission and restarted, as I do actually want to play through the mission. Scanned the third piece of debris as before - and WHAM! My ship collides with the debris, and I can't move. The red alert siren is blaring so I can't warp out and back in. The /Killme command won't let me abort the mission or change instances.

I logged out and back in, and hey presto, my ship is STILL stuck in the middle of the debris!

I've submitted an in-game support request but not sure it'll get there as there was nothing saying that it had been sent. I tried /stuck as well but was told that this couldn't be used.

So... I've dropped the mission and quit the client - going to try logging back in after 15 minutes.

Anyway - "Trapped" is severely bugged!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I got hung up on debris when the wormhole opened. Tried to maneuver out of the hangup with no success, submitted a ticket.

Logged out for about half an hour. When I re-logged, I was back in sector space with the option to continue the mission. That put me in the wormhole proper and I was able to continue the mission to completion.

So I'd suggest logging out for 30+ minutes to see where that puts you.
  • tonecapone2011tonecapone2011 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Skip it.

Once you complete the 3rd debris scan, you will get sucked into the Hirogen anomaly without any way to escape. It will not load the next map and you cannot exit to sector space or transwarp due to being in combat.

You will have to log out and wait for the game to reset you into sector space (which seemed to take a couple of hours).

It's sad that after 3 years, they still continue to suffer from crippling bugs like this.
  • doming0doming0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Def broken. I can confirm what is mentioned above. Only way I got out of it was to PVE into Snowman Village.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    doming0 wrote: »
    Def broken. I can confirm what is mentioned above. Only way I got out of it was to PVE into Snowman Village.

PLus side?

THey fixed the PVE queue for the snowman village.

:rolleyes:
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Im stucked in the story line in the "mine enemy" episode, until they fix it. But, if they are going to fix it, and then we have another 10 episodes broken.. what the hell?? i stopped doing story episodes 1 month ago (there is no sense to continue the story or skip episodes) but you right, its incredible that after 3 years, we have these problems.. incredible.
  • doming0doming0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I logged off for a couple hours yesterday and when I logged back in I was able to complete the mission as it was designed.
  • rjflyer7rjflyer7 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    doming0 wrote: »
    I just got caught in this bug today. I completed the third scan and then was sucked into the anomaly and can't get out. I've tried changing characters, exited sto and went back in and was taken right to the same spot...stuck in the anomaly.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Of course, we didn't have broken mission issues (as far as I know) until they 'improved' it by adding new and completely unrelated bugs-I mean-content. -.-

Cryptic, the only company I know of who can make you tea and somehow, in the process, cause a tsunami in a completely different country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • rondelicarondelica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problem too.. and it stays in Red alerts so cant Abort mission xD

a temporary solution is log off and click continue mission ;)
  • tanglepixietanglepixie Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As entertaining as it is to see my ship bouncing backwards and forwards endlessly in the mouth of the anomaly, I can't help but feel that I could be having more fun if it would stop doing that and let me get on with the rest of the mission.
  • srgfernandezsrgfernandez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am having the same issue I contacted Cryptic but I feel like they won't ever get back to me. Just really annoying because I really love this game but I can't play it because of this stupid bug. :mad:
  • tanglepixietanglepixie Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After getting trapped (oh the irony) bouncing around the anomaly, I changed character for an hour or so and when I logged back in again I was in sector space with the option to continue, which put me in the next map, bypassing the previous bugged one. Reading back the comments on this page, a couple of people did actually say you could do that. I really ought to pay more attention to these things.
  • rectiirectii Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I, too, am stuck right here.....and the Klingon 'Mine enemy' mission was hosed for me too....I just aborted that mission and 'skipped' it, which let me do all the ones after it...

VERY annoying....
    The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!
  • vanecellivanecelli Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you are having issues like me:
    Change to an Alt, kill some time. Should kick you out to Sector, then you can skip the mission.
    OR
    Try the PvE Queue option if you do not have another toon/are impatient.

I queued some DOff missions on a another toon for about 5 mins, and it was reset to sector when I changed back to the stuck toon.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bug still live.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, here we are, a whole month after the bug reports started coming in, still experiencing the same problem, with no response from Cryptic... Did I miss a memo, or am I justified in feeling... Impatient? :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just ran into this. Can't say I was amused.
  • paradatparadat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OK update... Queing for a PVE match got me out. Will be skipping that mission.
    edited January 2014
    LOL. My issue is different, im already got through the anomaly, loaded the map and got to the hirogen ship, but after 30 minutes killing hirogens eveywhere in the ship xD, when im ready to release the starfleet hostages (i already killed everyone in the map, and interacted with all the missions objetives, and my mission markers clearly shows me that the last step is to just release em), i cant. No interaction point anywhere. Or maybe im missing something??

I didnt have any problems 2 months ago when i did this mission with my main character. Now, im "trapped" in the hirogen ship, but in a diffeent way xD. I just cant finish the mission.

I wonder if one day we will see all the episodes working 100% with no bugs. That will be really amazing..

Skipped the Vault mission since i hate it, and the next one is the Minefield xD. I hope the legendary bug in this mission is still fixed.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm.....I did this mission a couple weeks ago on my latest character to level up. I only did it once but the mission worked fine for me.

It actually startled me a bit. I got done with the objective and put my ship into full impulse thinking I was gonna have to go somewhere else in the map, but wasn't able to move. A few seconds later a wormhole opened up behind me and suddenly I was inside the anomaly. I was able to complete the mission just fine.

Just one of those bugs that only affects some players I guess.

Edit: This game is becoming ironic lately. If it's not a missing ship that is missing in the Dyson Sphere, you're getting trapped in the episode Trapped. :P

Edit 2: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Trapped#Notes
    The pocket dimension may open up before the Hirogen hail can be answered, preventing continuation of the mission.
    If a bug with an episode is mentioned on the wiki, it is probably an old bug that hasn't been fixed yet or comes back for some reason every once in a while.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This mission is broken!

I must have gotten lucky when I did it last.

Out of curiosity to see if it was broken I decided to try it out.

After scanning the 3rd debris a window popped up with a Hirogen with some dialogue. I clicked the button to confirm the hail. Then the giant portal opened up and sucked my ship toward it. Now my main character is stuck in front of the portal just bouncing back and forth in front of it. I can turn my ship and go to full impulse but I can't break free from the gravitational pull and the map isn't changing over for the next part of the mission.

As others have said, when this happens you're stuck in red alert so there is no way to leave the mission. I'm going to have to exit the game and wait a while for it to force my character out of the mission. :mad:

Screenshot http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/18/0qn0.jpg

Edit: I think what's happening is the mission isn't recognizing that I answered the Hirogen hail. You can see the mission objective still says to answer it.
    edited January 2014
    Thats sad.

Anyways, i think its broken anyways even if you get to the hirogen ship (second part of the episode where you need to rescue the hostages in the hirogen ship).
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know this has come up before, but I want to know if there is a work around. I can't get past Smoke Signal because the pocket dimension opens up before the Hirogen hail can be answered, preventing continuation of the mission. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME, so there is no way I can do the mission, no matter how many times I restart it. Worse, I can't just skip it, so I CAN'T DO ANY MISSION AFTER TRAPPED.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've escaped the mission by queuing for a PvE. However, I cannot complete this mission, and I cannot skip it! Therefore, I CANNOT DO ANY MISSIONS BEYOND THIS ONE!! :mad:
  • jokerjefjokerjef Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Decided to continue missions today and my first one was Trapped and guess what....... Got stuck with the same issue that everyone else is reporting. Thank god I could get into that PvE queue for the Snowman village.

Though imagine my surprise when I come on here and see that this mission has already been reported months ago! I'm going to skip for now, but I'd like to see this fixed so I can do all the missions.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not sure what is going on, but I just spent a couple of days leveling my fed sci captain from lvl30 to 40, and I did that by playing the Romulan story missions. Trapped and Mine Enemy played like they have always done, I even replayed Mine Enemy right away so I could get the Horta schematic, so the missions aren't bugged for me.
    The possible differences that could be a factor, are that I'm ex gold and get a few "perks" pure silvers don't, my captain was made shortly after Legacy of Romulus was released, I just haven't played her much since, and I use the game launcher rather than Arc or Steam or any other TRIBBLE like that.
    edited January 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Not sure what is going on, but I just spent a couple of days leveling my fed sci captain from lvl30 to 40, and I did that by playing the Romulan story missions. Trapped and Mine Enemy played like they have always done, I even replayed Mine Enemy right away so I could get the Horta schematic, so the missions aren't bugged for me.
    The possible differences that could be a factor, are that I'm ex gold and get a few "perks" pure silvers don't, my captain was made shortly after Legacy of Romulus was released, I just haven't played her much since, and I use the game launcher rather than Arc or Steam or any other TRIBBLE like that.

Mine Enemy was fixed in the last patch. It should not be bugged for anyone.

About "Trapped", as far as i noticed, depends on some weird factors. As i said, i dont suffer the bug where i get stucked in the first part like veryone else, i can get to the second map (the ground map in the hirogen ship) but then, the mission is bugged there xD.

And as i said as well, i already completed the "Trapped" mission 2 months ago, without any problems at all.

As we evaluated tons of times, its cryptic that is messing up with everything everytime they launch an update, patch or whatever.
  • mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it is still broken for my fed toon. can not leave, even i drop the mission and log out. Logging back in places me right back in the anomaly under red alert.:confused:

Kinda sickening as this is the first fed toon i have made in over 2 years. And now i can not continue with it.:mad:
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok...I'm playing the romulan mission trapped, as a starfleet captain, and scanned all 3 debris fields, got the hirogen hail..and bam! wormhole/thingy.

I'm stuck, and cannot move, and the /stuck command and /killme command do NOT work.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ended up exiting out completely..was able to continue the game after relauncing.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.