test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• siskobsiskob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Players exploited this last year, so we were forced to remove it. But, we've added several new ways to earn them to make up for the "digging" removal. Pie-eating contest, "Winter Invasion".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Hi Brandon,

Cryptic cheats players, making them pay millions of dilithium (zen and real money) for content completely buggy.

there is therefore equal

PS: sorry google transalte, i'm french
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't forget the queue ... :(:D

I'm positive our lives don't depend on a lack of delays in STO so we'll be fine.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pennylong wrote: »
    Shame, that used to be fun.

I didn't like grinding for things that way, but it was the quickest way to get the stuff for our fleet project.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't forget the queue ... :(:D

Should've gone Lifetime :D Queue-barging for the win.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    westoz wrote: »
    everyone seems very happy with everything, it makes me want to play more thanks all

now

HURRY UP :D:D:D:P or Kirk might open his mouth for a pro-longed sense of time.

Try and understand the chaos factor Or just understand the variable.

I...order YOU...Openupthisserverthisinstant!

http://youtu.be/Aa5GH7ORk4s?t=24m16s
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Wasn't it every 15mins?

Nope. Was every 30. I remember finishing off one snowman only to then jump into a different instance to try and get more loot from another snowman kill. That was the only way to get the ornaments without falling asleep.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • engelenhartengelenhart Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I...order YOU...Openupthisserverthisinstant!

http://youtu.be/Aa5GH7ORk4s?t=24m16s

Oooo, we get front row seats? Nice!

Edit: I could have sworn I quoted another post.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Should've gone Lifetime :D Queue-barging for the win.

I like the challenge of being a free user ... ;) ( but not the queue of course! lol )
    P58WJe7.jpg

• urborginurborgin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    I'd say I do.

There are problems unfixed since Season 3. Every season adds more and more, and every time they try something new they break things. Things totally unrelated.

Based on experience, and observing the change in personnel, and comments made by existing Cryptic staff... I have a far better grasp on what goes on than you do. Did you know they don't code in house anymore? Coding is handled overseas. They specify what needs to be tweeked or adjust and a code-jock in an overseas office-farm makes the key-strokes! That's why things seemingly break at random -- someone is board, decides to prank the customer base and changes a line or two at random. Seen it before, and sadly this is what we get at this price-point.

I challenge you -- and I know you'll back down -- to prove that they are working on any of the long list of problems, glitches, faults, bugs or programming issues that extends back to Season 3. They are not. They prefer to pretend that anything that can't be fixed with a couple .ini or .cfg file tweaks doesn't exist.

So what? They outsourced work. What a surprise!

And for your challenge: Bring me the Empire State Building - and i know you'll back down! Challenging me to something that's not possible (unfortunately i've got no access to internal PWE documents) doesn't make you right. It just shows you're able to discuss the dirty way. (Cheers for that!)

Even if I'm not able to "proof" they are working on the bug:
    Do you really want to tell me this enlistens you to call anyone incompetent?
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Exactly! As someone that's been in the IT industry for over 20 years, communication with the customers is essential - especially on bugs! I hate that we submit bug after bug after bug and almost never hear anything from them about it. Sometimes, PWE will admit there's an issue and promise a resolution, but a year goes by and nothing happens.
    Yup, less frustrating to not play along at all
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited December 2013
    taut0u wrote: »
    Like how when somebody leaves comments with critics, there is always appearing professional software devs, company directors, etc with rage posts.

Critics is one thing. Calling someone unable to do his work is something different.
    Ranting is no criticism!

Oh and by the way: A diploma in Business-IT, six years in IT-consulting and IT-project management and some certificates don't make me a company director. But at least it teached me not to throw sh*t on people.
    edited December 2013
    Yup, less frustrating to not play along at all
    Well... less frustrating for PWE.
    edited December 2013
    urborgin wrote: »
    Oh and by the way: A diploma in Business-IT, six years in IT-consulting and IT-project management and some certificates don't make me a company director. But at least it teached me not to throw sh*t on people.

It took that long to learn that? :eek: :D
    edited December 2013
    Tribble is open
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just gonna throw this out there.... Under the "subscription matrix" It shows what you get for becoming a gold member.

Near the bottom is says "Customer Service" Gold members have unlimited while access for silver members is limited...

I have never had a problem with customer service, and my tickets are promptly replied to with polite and helpful information/ solutions.

Are you people who complain about it paying? If so forget I mentioned it, just an idea.
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm watching the first part of the video over and over again while I wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc

Just skip the game ad at the end.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
    edited December 2013
    Ambient music in the PWE headquarters during patch day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYzTMyXTns
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just gonna throw this out there.... Under the "subscription matrix" It shows what you get for becoming a gold member.

Near the bottom is says "Customer Service" Gold members have unlimited while access for silver members is limited...

I have never had a problem with customer service, and my tickets are promptly replied to with polite and helpful information/ solutions.

Are you people who complain about it paying? If so forget I mentioned it, just an idea.

Nice catch sir. Awaiting replies with anticipation...
    Are we there yet?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    urborgin wrote: »
    Critics is one thing. Calling someone unable to do his work is something different.
    Ranting is no criticism!

I believe the correct word is *taught*

It *taught* me not to throw stuff on people.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited December 2013
    Ambient music in the PWE headquarters during patch day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYzTMyXTns

How did you know? Do we have an inside man? WoooooooooT!!!
    edited December 2013
    echatty wrote: »
    I believe the correct word is *taught*

It *taught* me not to throw stuff on people.

He did say english wasnt his first language, so I didnt call him on it.
    Gold.jpg
    edited December 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    It took that long to learn that? :eek: :D

Still not good at it. ;-)
  • philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm watching the first part of the video over and over again while I wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc

Just skip the game ad at the end.

You have my gratitude :D definitely enjoying this :P
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Every time I realize I can still post in this I get sad. I wanna play in the snow danggit!

Given I live in Houston this is the closest to snow I think I'm gonna get this year.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by another 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 11:00am PST (32 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2013
    You have my gratitude :D definitely enjoying this :P

Really

Shut up wesley!
    Gold.jpg
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Players exploited this last year, so we were forced to remove it. But, we've added several new ways to earn them to make up for the "digging" removal. Pie-eating contest, "Winter Invasion".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That also removed a way to earn ephoo tags, how is that compensated?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by another 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 11:00am PST (32 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What you guys doin? *bein nosey*

What brokededed? :)
    Gold.jpg
This discussion has been closed.