Comments

• Options
    maarten2272maarten2272 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was 800 Mb only for me done in 4 min
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with the bug in the exchange . I was hoping it was fixed today with all of the other exchange fixes. Can anyone confirm that ?
  • Options
    dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We can check it after the downtime. Maintenance/Patch is running so just wait :) No one knows yet :)
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    Do any of these patches fix the issue with the exchange where you can't search for items by name that are uncommon or better?

This is a pain. The only way to get it to work right half the time is to scroll down to select which category it is in. For example, consoles, ship weapons, and so on.

If you are looking for just a couple things of a specific quality, it isn't a big deal. However, if you are looking for more than 2 things, it takes a lot more time to find the things you want. And that is only when doing it like that works right.

It is not the most important thing that needs to be fixed, but it is really annoying when you are looking for things. Hopefully the fix they do in this patch will in turn debug this problem.

Tim.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wonder if they'll ever fix the "Usable Items" filter in the Exchange so you stop seeing BOffs of the wrong faction. Makes it next to impossible to find anything, when worthless (or next to worthless, at 10 EC) KDF BOffs clog up the listings.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am traveling and can't check for a few days. I would to hear un update when you log on.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll ever fix the "Usable Items" filter in the Exchange so you stop seeing BOffs of the wrong faction. Makes it next to impossible to find anything, when worthless (or next to worthless, at 10 EC) KDF BOffs clog up the listings.

I think a simple database query would be easy to do but we still have the cloak bug so it may be out of their skill set.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aoav160 wrote: »
    I think a simple database query would be easy to do but we still have the cloak bug so it may be out of their skill set.

They didn't implement it as part of the database query. It was a filter applied after the results were returned by the query. If you used the filter, you could see blank pages at the end of the search results. Assuming that Exchange searches are implemented as SQL queries, what they should have done is add the filter to the WHERE clause of the SELECT statement. However, if I were to reimplement the Exchange, I probably wouldn't use SQL for the search.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    macveemacvee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was kinda hoping the exchange glitches would be sorted out by now.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aoav160 wrote: »

Sadly "troubleshooting" and "fixing code problems" is beyond their skill-set.

The folks who built the original code-base left.

The ones who stayed behind don't have a full grasp.

No one wants to run the risk of "making things worse" so nothing gets fixed.
  • Options
    urborginurborgin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    themarie wrote: »

Would you please stop whining and flaming? Do you even have the slightest idea how software development works? Are you anything but clueless regarding project management, ressource- and release-planning and budgets?

Just because something you have is being nerfed doesn't make the devs a bunch of morons, who can't do their job. And if you don't like it how this free to play game is patched every week with free major updates twice a year and regular events:

There's the door! So long and thanks for all the fish!

...damn it!
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I'd say it's more a directive from "on high" that the focus be on adding to the playerbase and finding new sources of revenue to wring from them. I imagine it'd be different if they had the time, personnel, and a free hand for how to use them.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »

This, oh please, this.

I'm so tired of the endless pages of KDF BOFFs clogging up my screen.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Pretty much this sadly. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macvee wrote: »
    I was kinda hoping the exchange glitches would be sorted out by now.

NEVER! There's been "exchange glitches" for a lot longer than I've been playing (almost 2 years now.)
  • Options
    erectus1erectus1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    " The frame around Duty Officer portraits in the Exchange will reflect the allegiance of the Duty Officer "

This is a good thing too, a few times, when i was in a hurry, i brought the wrong allegiance doffs :confused:
  • Options
    kladaczekladacze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    erectus1 wrote: »
    " The frame around Duty Officer portraits in the Exchange will reflect the allegiance of the Duty Officer "

This is a good thing too, a few times, when i was in a hurry, i brought the wrong allegiance doffs :confused:
    I know how you feel:D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Patched and ready to roll... Hope wont be long now...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    40 more minutes or so..
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Perhaps it is time to switch to a 'Subscription Only' game so that we can eliminate this buggy revenue-code?
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps it is time to switch to a 'Subscription Only' game?

If it didn't work once, the second time for sure!
    <3
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    F2P is good.. it allows players to sample the game prior to buying in... If you like it then buy it (in form of paid subscription or LTM)
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    urborgin wrote: »
    Would you please stop whining and flaming? Do you even have the slightest idea how software development works? Are you anything but clueless regarding project management, ressource- and release-planning and budgets?

Just because something you have is being nerfed doesn't make the devs a bunch of morons, who can't do their job. And if you don't like it how this free to play game is patched every week with free major updates twice a year and regular events:

There's the door! So long and thanks for all the fish!

...damn it!

I'll second that motion! Couldn't have said it better myself :)
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • Options
    goaheadandsmokegoaheadandsmoke Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    here is my take on the bugs..... the soft ware is always under develop and some issue will be apparent but the lack of customer service is horrid in this game. And I think every one has bought wrong allegiance doffs in a hurry. the exchange stays bugged...... but ne ways I do love this game and the devs at least try and for that I say ty but the customer service issue is a lil horrid
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    emt27 wrote: »
    F2P is good.. it allows players to sample the game prior to buying in... If you like it then buy it (in form of paid subscription or LTM)

Love your pic of a baby with sponsor logos on it. What a great idea, lets get Starbucks to 'Sponsor' the game with an in-game starbucks to go to?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Posting for the sake of posting.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    <_< >_> I like cheese!!!

• Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    here is my take on the bugs..... the soft ware is always under develop and some issue will be apparent but the lack of customer service is horrid in this game. And I think every one has bought wrong allegiance doffs in a hurry. the exchange stays bugged...... but ne ways I do love this game and the devs at least try and for that I say ty but the customer service issue is a lil horrid

Bugs wouldn't feel so bad in this game if players received a little more in-game communication from the team responsible for support. I've submitted several tickets in game to address gameplay bugs/problems over the last year and I only received a response once.

I love STO. I'm a lifer and I dump huge amounts of cash from every paycheck into this game. I love this game so much my wife will probably mention it in court documents if we ever get divorced. ;) Still, I'd like to get regular in-game responses from the team working on the game after I submit bug reports/tickets ... even if it's just someone saying "Thanks. We're working on it." or "We are aware of this problem but don't have plans to address the issue in the immediate future."
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    countrylobstercountrylobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't understand the issue with doffs. If you purchased the wrong faction in a hurry, just sell it at a profit and make easy space bucks. Cryptic is actually helping you guys out.
  • Options
    dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Originally Posted by pweistheworst
    Still, I'd like to get regular in-game responses from the team working on the game after I submit bug reports/tickets ... even if it's just someone saying "Thanks. We're working on it." or "We are aware of this problem but don't have plans to address the issue in the immediate future."
    Could not agree more. The Ticket Service is hell...
This discussion has been closed.