What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (December 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On a completely random note, I hope they give us access to create foundry missions again very soon. I really want to make something.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    seal71seal71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    emt27 wrote: »
    F2P is good.. it allows players to sample the game prior to buying in... If you like it then buy it (in form of paid subscription or LTM)

If the game wasn't F2P I would not have tried the game out and now I'm a subscriber and waiting until I can I can get the money together for a LTM.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PST (45 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *shakes fist*

Butbutbutbut my WINTER EVENT

:(
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't understand the issue with doffs. If you purchased the wrong faction in a hurry, just sell it at a profit and make easy space bucks. Cryptic is actually helping you guys out.

The issue is there is a limit to 400 items shown. Running a few tests I've found the Boffs and Doffs Klink to Fed ratios when asking for the vaguest uncommon to rare are thus: 97.632% is Klingon Boffs and 61% of Doffs are Klingon to Fed. There is an over abundance and merely pulling them and making them more will jack up the price of Boffs and Doffs that people ARE interested in. If only there was a way to say Klingon/Fed/Rom when searching would help.

I mean I have 37 Klingon Boffs for sale on the exchange hoping people will do one of the following: A: Unknowingly buy them without the idea they can't be used. B: Buy them cheaply so their klink alts have good boffs for cheap, C: want to do what you are thinking so I have money and no more boffs in my way. I get to many of those missions.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Hamster croak and Tacofangs sent to petland to get another?
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PST (45 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But I want to play in Q's winter wonderland and I want to play now!!!

Points to baby in sig...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *shakes fist*

Butbutbutbut my WINTER EVENT

:(

Probably one of the hamsters froze up :(..
  • Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I hope you'll still be on time for the community winter event. I had to sacrifice much to swing it with the missus :P
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,375 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And here i was hoping it'd take 10 minutes less.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Did Mr. Flakes mention anything about the foundry editor? I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I am really wanting to make some missions.
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bring back digging for decorations :(

You took one of the best bits out. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pennylong wrote: »

Did they really remove that?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes :(

It's already on tribble now
  • Options
    gondarathgondarath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just wanting to get my snow blowing on!! and some race'n too!:D
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    30 extra minutes?! Heresy!

Seriously though, I'm not actually bothered. The big bit for me is the race, which I'll be starting tomorrow morning so I always know the timer will reset a couple hours before I wake up. I can wait an extra 30 minutes before I start grinding for jackets and scarves.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes :(

It's already on tribble now

Well, looks like I will be spending far less time there then. Only good news is I can drop the ones I have from last year on the exchange and make some money.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bugs wouldn't feel so bad in this game if players received a little more in-game communication from the team responsible for support. I've submitted several tickets in game to address gameplay bugs/problems over the last year and I only received a response once.
    Exactly! As someone that's been in the IT industry for over 20 years, communication with the customers is essential - especially on bugs! I hate that we submit bug after bug after bug and almost never hear anything from them about it. Sometimes, PWE will admit there's an issue and promise a resolution, but a year goes by and nothing happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Same sadly.

I won't give any more spoilers but I'm not a fan.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013

Players exploited this last year, so we were forced to remove it. But, we've added several new ways to earn them to make up for the "digging" removal. Pie-eating contest, "Winter Invasion".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Guess they want us to actually work for the stuff instead of just digging.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    And here i was hoping it'd take 10 minutes less.
    Don't forget the queue ... :(:D
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well, you guys never said not to, how were we supposed to know. besides, still took me forever to get anything.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    urborgin wrote: »
    Do you even have the slightest idea how software development works? Are you anything but clueless regarding project management, ressource- and release-planning and budgets?

...damn it!

I'd say I do.

There are problems unfixed since Season 3. Every season adds more and more, and every time they try something new they break things. Things totally unrelated.

Based on experience, and observing the change in personnel, and comments made by existing Cryptic staff... I have a far better grasp on what goes on than you do. Did you know they don't code in house anymore? Coding is handled overseas. They specify what needs to be tweeked or adjust and a code-jock in an overseas office-farm makes the key-strokes! That's why things seemingly break at random -- someone is board, decides to prank the customer base and changes a line or two at random. Seen it before, and sadly this is what we get at this price-point.

I challenge you -- and I know you'll back down -- to prove that they are working on any of the long list of problems, glitches, faults, bugs or programming issues that extends back to Season 3. They are not. They prefer to pretend that anything that can't be fixed with a couple .ini or .cfg file tweaks doesn't exist.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Guess they want us to actually work for the stuff instead of just digging.

Well, I did nod off several times last year while spamming F to get stuff. It felt like that was only the real way to get the outfits since the giant snowman only came twice an hour.
  • Options
    westozwestoz Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    everyone seems very happy with everything, it makes me want to play more thanks all

now

HURRY UP :D:D:D:P or Kirk might open his mouth for a pro-longed sense of time.

Try and understand the chaos factor Or just understand the variable.
    Try and understand the Chaos factor or just understand the variable, live long and live life Gee.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Players exploited this last year, so we were forced to remove it. But, we've added several new ways to earn them to make up for the "digging" removal. Pie-eating contest, "Winter Invasion".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Shame, that used to be fun.
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    urborgin wrote: »
    Would you please stop whining and flaming? Do you even have the slightest idea how software development works? Are you anything but clueless regarding project management, ressource- and release-planning and budgets?

Just because something you have is being nerfed doesn't make the devs a bunch of morons, who can't do their job. And if you don't like it how this free to play game is patched every week with free major updates twice a year and regular events:

There's the door! So long and thanks for all the fish!

...damn it!
    Like how when somebody leaves comments with critics, there is always appearing professional software devs, company directors, etc with rage posts.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Again, the exploit word :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

My response... :P
This discussion has been closed.