What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (December 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They should have just said 4 hours. When I saw half an hour ago they would need more time, I could been to the Post office and back with my eBay sales by now.

Go ahead. We'll wait for you.... :rolleyes:
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Taco grabbed gerbils instead of hamsters huh.... Darn you Taco! Hamsters! get it right this time.

Did you know that it's illegal to keep a gerbil as a pet in California?
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Extensions, Extensions.... testing STO players patience since 2010...ish
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll be one of the first to step forward and admit that I exploited the digging for Winter Commodities last year - I had no desire to run a bunch of races. (If I wanted to race, I'd play Need for Speed or something like that) Especially if I could read a book with one hand and dig with the other.

I'm not sure how I feel about it being replaced by a Queued Event, but I'll withhold judgement until I see how the other ways work out for me, like the 'Pie-eating contest' you mentioned, Brandon.

*Raises a glass of 'Nog's Nog'.*

Here's to 18897741 and the coming end of our too-long association!

*Takes a big drink*

Now all I need is to recieve a bunch of UGC cards as Christmas presents and it shall be goodness...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please don't rush patching. Take all the time required. To be on the safe side maybe switch STO on tomorrow or next week if required, fix all the remaining bugs in the meantime, I can wait. Just leave a message "STO will be back after some time" or something. Just an idea.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I always thought the music at Cryptic was more like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4okRvCg2g
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They should have just said 4 hours. When I saw half an hour ago they would need more time, I could been to the Post office and back with my eBay sales by now.

I always plan for an extra hour on everything I do in case something unexpected goes wrong...
    http://1rtbr4229e9lng31g41nqv3pjz.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/SaidNoOneEver_webSmall.jpg
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    Better watch out Brandon - someone in the general section is already calling for an extension of the winter event!! And I think he's serious!!:eek:
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    It WAS part of the fun.

I'm rather sad now and might have to reduce my time in game as a result.

Also sad to see the digging go....
  • Options
    westozwestoz Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just gonna throw this out there.... Under the "subscription matrix" It shows what you get for becoming a gold member.

Near the bottom is says "Customer Service" Gold members have unlimited while access for silver members is limited...

I have never had a problem with customer service, and my tickets are promptly replied to with polite and helpful information/ solutions.

Are you people who complain about it paying? If so forget I mentioned it, just an idea.

Here here good one.

Before my lifer sub, my questions and problems were answered quickly and effectively with a nice touch from the auto-mated message.
    After I got my lifer sub, Exact same response time and my problems solved.
    After i got my lifer sub I also felt like my problems were more important, Fact of the matter is everyone gets the same problems and deal with it in their own way, If you don't get a response when you expect, believe that more people than your self have that exact same problem and the devs have that problem also and may still be trying to figure it out and fix it properly for US too.
    Any one remember the launcher problem a few months ago it took me a while (9 days of mental hell fyi) but i got my launcher back with help from the devs and the STO universe.

thanks, live long and live life.

Gee.
    Try and understand the Chaos factor or just understand the variable, live long and live life Gee.
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Really some ppl are already complaining that the Fix didn't work *lol*

I will try after the maintenance is finished
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Welp...its been extended...AGAIN..woooo...:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You mean do like Scotty say? Overestimate how long it will take and then when he got it done quicker, he was considered a "miracle worker?"
  • Options
    mzanitakmzanitak Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I am afraid to ask why.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013

I live in CA and gerbils at the pet stores here.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I don't really care that much that the digging has been removed, but I'd hardly call it an exploit. It was a chore to grind holiday items that way, especially since the drop rate for uncommon items was so low.

It was easily exploited via setting your keyboard to automatically dig for you; it's sad that players choosing to use that method ruined it for everyone :(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by another 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 11:00am PST (32 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ <--- yet again :(
  • Options
    chaseling94chaseling94 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ok who spilt coke all over the server? why the extensions? this patch at this rate will have more extensions than my ex >:o

this is my first ever winterevent on this game. it better be worth the wait. or no money for cryptic. :3
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was easily exploited via setting your keyboard to automatically dig for you; it's sad that players choosing to use that method ruined it for everyone :(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

there will always be players who will exploit the system. but thats bashing the majority on the head because of a few exploiters.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rowan79rowan79 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Take all the time you need. Better to be thorough, than bring out some half assed mess.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still got 600 pics from last years event :) and the breen ship
  • Options
    philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Unrelated question: When are we gonna get another episode of On Screen?? I love that(:
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Was it really THAT big a deal? ... I mean .. are we talking AFKing on elite STF runs here?

You let them ruin the fun for us. :(

So THEY won ... thanks a LOT. :(
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    I live in CA and gerbils at the pet stores here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerbil

"Their value as pets was soon appreciated and they are now found in pet shops all over the UK and USA. Due to the threat they pose to indigenous ecosystems and existing agricultural operations, it is illegal to purchase, import, or keep a gerbil as a pet in the US state of California.[6]"

[6]See 14 Cal. Code Regs. ? 671(c)(2)(J). The prohibition imposed by the California Fish and Game Commission also applies to all other members of order Rodentia, except for "domesticated races" of rats, mice, golden hamsters, guinea pigs, and chinchillas.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It was easily exploited, so I understand why it was removed. What was it replaced with?
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm afraid to get into this with you, Mr. Flakes. You can refer back to the picture I sent you on Twitter today!

(folds arms)
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Not sure how that "ruined it for everyone", unless that refers to Cryptic having to remove it.

In which case I feel compelled to point out that you didn't have to remove it ;)
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Why not just make the snow piles reset every 20 hours? Make them reward a chunk of random goodies, maybe a shot at something rare?
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You should definitely make the Q's photos bound to account rather than character. That way I can get both ships this year on characters I actually use. :P
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,375 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Better watch out Brandon - someone in the general section is already calling for an extension of the winter event!! And I think he's serious!!:eek:

Bid a 30 second extension, maybe they'll take it. :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.