test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Season 8 Pre-Patching [Now Disabled]

Comments

• khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nothing in the Release notes since 10/30?

Large Patch this morning when I closed the Launcher and a small "check" patch when I closed it just now.

What are you up to?

Skynet has finally become self-aware :)

ATM I'm saving up resources for Season 8.
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    OR... simply post it in the Announcements section?

OR maybe The Patch Notes Section?

Oooh, feeling strange, I've been merged......
  • khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OR maybe The Patch Notes Section?

Oooh, feeling strange, I've been merged......

My thread to your thread... my comments to your comments...
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . Awesome! Just played Sphere of Influence for the first time last night! That was fun! Just wish the rest of the NPC's had full VO's like Worf did. Many only had partial VO's that matched their dialog with an extra paragraph or two of unspoken dialog. Some had no speech in their dialog and then out of the blue Worf would have full VO dialog as a response or parley, throwing the feeling way off. So awesome to have Michael Dorn though doing VO's again! Huzzah! Looking forward to Season 8, for sure!
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Prepatching is a good idea. While it may not be a "new" idea, I can't remember this game ever doing this before and I've been playing for over two years. So, kudos to the team for this. :)
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I get the patching screen, but after 30 min, no progress is made.

I need my STO fix!
  • teufelhunden0317teufelhunden0317 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can log in just fine, play till my hearts content and still have to patch when i close the game...what gives? A response would be great... but this among other things will likely go ignored like many other things that go wrong and Craptic chooses to ignore.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They probably just havent announced it yet, but usually when this happens the launcher is doing a pre patch, they have done this in the past a week or two prior to a big content update, usually seasons. I think they will tell you its working as intended. In any case just leave it up and let it do its thing! ;)

As I suspected: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=903331
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah, but this time it constantly trying to download a patch with no success, it happened before, they had corrupted file on server, they acknowledged and fixed it quite deftly
    no this time however
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is it normal that my launcher starts to patch again every time i exit even though the patch was finished the time before?
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    but its trying to download the full 2391 MB for the 4th time now
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK, patched.

Now release it already! I wanna complain about all the bugs and how they might have been found if you hadn't rushed the release to make moar moneyz moar quickly :D
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • shawnpweshawnpwe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    not sure if its just me or if anyone out there is seeing this.
    for the last 3 days every time i log on or log off my launcher updates.
    is any one out there seeing this as well?
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's Season 8 Pre-Patch.
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's season 8 trying to prepatch.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As mentioned by Brandon here:
    Hi Captains,

Pre-patching for Season 8 has been enabled! Upon logging out of Holodeck, the launcher will pop up again and start the pre-patch download.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Link to actual thread.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seriously, every single time I enter the game (or after I leave), the launcher feels the need to download and patch ca 5-8%, then goes to 100%. Obviously you guys forget a 'Done' flag.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Seriously, every single time I enter the game (or after I leave), the launcher feels the need to download and patch ca 5-8%, then goes to 100%. Obviously you guys forget a 'Done' flag.

That should just be the game verifying files.
  • mericpxmericpx Banned Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wow,i think here is good place.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My launcher/STO is just updating itself with a 5576MB patch........

Same here!!! I gather it'll take another good 10 hrs or so for the patch to download!! Only 21% done as of yet.

What I don't understand is why are some of the others getting a patch file of approx 2GB or so, while the rest are getting an update of 5576MB?? Strange!!
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • jimipaigejimipaige Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is the launcher supposed to do this? Mine started on 11/05/13 and now it is patching when I log off. If there is a way to fix this where it does not how? Did I change an option inadvertently? I assume it isn't supposed to do this without fail.
    Thank you all in advance.

See ya about the galaxy.

Fleet Admiral Jerolithe
    18th Flight Squadron
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Season 8 goes live on the 12th.

THe game is pre-patching.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's doing pre-patching for the season 8 release, I think - there was an announcement about that in the "Galactic News Network" forum.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jimipaige wrote: »
    Is the launcher supposed to do this? Mine started on 11/05/13 and now it is patching when I log off. If there is a way to fix this where it does not how? Did I change an option inadvertently? I assume it isn't supposed to do this without fail.
    Pre-patching for Season 8 has been enabled! Upon logging out of Holodeck, the launcher will pop up again and start the pre-patch download.
    Every time you exit, you'll still get a pre-patch pop up as it's checking to see if you have the latest pre-patch version. If you do, it should close out fairly quickly.
    If there is nothing new to pre-patch, it would close after a few moments, as you described, and not go from 0-100% again. The few "MBs" you are seeing is the client reading the data and looking to see if it's up to date.
    You've got nothing to worry about. :)
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • dontliketolosedontliketolose Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After exiting game log in automatically logs in, so far it's only caused one instance of the game to bring up the game stopped working please report to cryptic. However this is likely to cause a memory leak and either cause a memory dump on the computers or crash the game as the launcher is trying to re-launch the game at either exit of the game or log off.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thats just the prepatcher for season 8, let it do its thing and save time patching later, or exit it if you want.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No formalized Tribble Test Weekend, however the current plan is to provide a new, free Tribble as reward at S8 launch :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

so does this mean everyone will get the tribble like last time, if so there is not much of an incentive to go on tribble without some reward other then to check out the new stuff but certainly not enough to warrant spending very long there.
    It does not bother me too much as I have spent well over the 1hr testing already, I just enjoy seeing what`s new but I can see it bothering a lot of people as it did last time when a lot of players spent well over 1hr testing over the tribble weekend and then you gave the reward to everyone.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• dontliketolosedontliketolose Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Allowed to patch, however still continues to load the patch again, likely patch will not take effect till Nov. 12 otherwise the patch continues to reload itself until the next update or taken out of exit game shut down process.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It seems the Season 8 pre-patching (unlike how this done on, say, STEAM itself: in one foul swoop), is done in many small chunks, delivered each time when you start/leave the launcher. It wasn't clear from your words that this is what is happening.

Well, either that, of the launcher is stuck in a perpetual patch download loop.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.