test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Season 8 Pre-Patching [Now Disabled]

1235»

Comments

• kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just a quick one, why does Holo keep trying to patch everytime, its the same size, yet gets about 15% and then gives up...

Is that also related to graphics issues within game, as tribble I do not have these issues!

Thought I would let you all know, its holo that is messed up, but you all knew that already, right! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's pre patching season 8
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    It's pre patching season 8

What the same size patch over and over again???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • chevy7189chevy7189 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been patching between 0% and 7% for days when I login and logout of the game. Is this normal? Or do i need to change something on my pc to get the whole patch. Thanks in advance to whom ever replies.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patch just ate another 6gb of my hdd space, will I be getting this back because I find it hard to believe a patch is 6gb.

STO Folder is now 26GB

btw, why the hell is this site so slow.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This usually indicates your pre-patch is complete/ up-to-date. Have you been staying up-to-date with Tribble patches? That may have reduced your pre-patch size.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I have the same problem.. only that I did not go onto tribble this time and have done any tribble pacthing. I can see that there is some downloading to do.. but it just closes.

I am actually waiting for the mac version of the game, but I guess that one will not be available until the 12th. :)
  • salnaracretusalnaracretu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    Patch just ate another 6gb of my hdd space, will I be getting this back because I find it hard to believe a patch is 6gb.

STO Folder is now 26GB

btw, why the hell is this site so slow.

My STO-Folder is 27 GB and it divides as followed:
    11 GB Playtest (aka Tribble)
    16 GB Live (including a 5 GB prepatch folder)

So everything is just fine with you. And if you watch closely at the prepatch-process you should notice the launcher actually NOT downloading whole 6GB if it was done before. It Says patching 5-6 GB but downloads just some 30-100 MB depending on the bugfix added.

Its the same with nearly ALL patches: an amount of x MB/GB is to be fixed and it only needs to download y(<x) MB/GB because its all packed data or changes/adds some lines of code to the files directly.

If it really downloads the whole patch everytime it might overwrite the current data - so there might be an issue. I recommend watching closely at the 2 lines of patching (the second line indicates amount of downloaded data).

Just to mention: I disabled on demand patching for it was to troublesome for me waiting to get that done whenever I enter a changed zone. I prefer having an up do date game just from the start. I don't know if that raises the size of the S8 patch, but honestly I don't care for above reason.
    “Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock

Join the GTribe MASSIVE UPRISING giveaway
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been having a look at the new stuff on tribble and while I find most of it first rate my one disappointment is to see that you have not added the early missions from the fed tutorial as available for current fed characters.
    when you updated the kdf tutorial mission you added `empire` with about 5 new missions from `dutys of command onwards that started basically just after the kdf character had taken command of the ship for all current kdf characters to play through.
    now as I see it you have the mission `field promotions` and `assimilation of the innocent` not sure how many more yet that pick up in about the same place yet there is no opportunity for current characters to play these missions.
    this means that most existing players will miss out on all the extra story line you have provided unless they have the space to roll another fed or if they can be bothered.
    I think this is a real shame.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

This discussion has been closed.