test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

1171819202123»

Comments

• rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lieutenant, alert Cryptic Command: we have engaged the Necro.

Apple1988, dont post in threads inactive for over a month. This one has been inactive for a month and a half. This thread is probably gonna get locked by an admin some minutes after my post.

As for what you said:
    Nope, Rommies aren't P2W. I have a Fleet Mogai, grinded in like 5 days with EC --> Exchange --> Modules. But the Ha'feh I had before that was also doing one hell of a job.
    My new Rommie is gonna get a Ha'apax, maybe I'll upgrade him to a Fleet D'deridex someday.
    Its not about the ships, its about how you use them.
    As for inventory, delol? I have the silver amount and always keep enough space in my inventory.
    You really can't blaim Cryptic for an issue that is non-existing in my eyes.
    With effort, you can get 100% enjoyment out of every ship. Just take some time to work around its nitpicks. It'll repay itself.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is there a way to play Romulan with a free account (what needs to be brought/enabled) ?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nothing needs to be purchased in order to play as a Romulan, so long as you have a free character slot.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I bought it and it was worth it, my game changed a lot since then. Totally recommended.
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nothing needs to be purchased in order to play as a Romulan, so long as you have a free character slot.
    Looks like now it worked. Thanks.
  • asurans2asurans2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just want to ask what happen with the mission to get the odyssey pack :( ?
    I complete all the episodes and my rank is Vice Amiral, I love the Odyssey ship, but is to bad there is no mission to get it :(
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    asurans2 wrote: »
    I just want to ask what happen with the mission to get the odyssey pack :( ?
    I complete all the episodes and my rank is Vice Amiral, I love the Odyssey ship, but is to bad there is no mission to get it :(

The free Odyssey was a very long time ago. It's not longer available. You have to either buy it from the C-store or get the lesser version for 200,000 fleet credits from a T5 shipyard.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What happened to previous Legacy packs/DLC?

I'm assuming that after four years of being around this isn't the first Legacy pack/DLC that the game has had so I expected Steam to be full of old packs on offer but it doesn't list anything that seems to be old.

Did you not have Klingon/Cardassian/Terran etc legacy packs or are the packs strictly time limited and after a set time they are discontinued and the contents move into the C-store?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    What happened to previous Legacy packs/DLC?

I'm assuming that after four years of being around this isn't the first Legacy pack/DLC that the game has had so I expected Steam to be full of old packs on offer but it doesn't list anything that seems to be old.

Did you not have Klingon/Cardassian/Terran etc legacy packs or are the packs strictly time limited and after a set time they are discontinued and the contents move into the C-store?

Nope, there aren't any others. LoR is the first expansion STO has had.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Nope, there aren't any others. LoR is the first expansion STO has had.

Oh wow, took a while to get the first expansion pack out then didn't it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Oh wow, took a while to get the first expansion pack out then didn't it :D

Heh, yeah. Let's just say that STO has had an...interesting past.

The very, very short version of it is that the game suffered greatly under Cryptic's old owners, Atari. Atari didn't understand MMOs at all and didn't let Cryptic develop the game properly after it's release. It wasn't until Cryptic was bought by PWE that the game really took off. It was...pretty brutal there in the beginning.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • tannertrekktannertrekk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This was very helpful. Thank you!
  • andris2014andris2014 Banned Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is possible to make money advertising the following link - http://inx.lv/dHm

This is not too difficult way to earn extra income and do not also need to go away from home the only necessary to have a computer and the Internet.

As one of visitors it is possible to earn up to 12 cents Personally I think it is very much pleased to visit; 1.

Check out this link to understand that you had to advertise the emergence of such interests.

If you want to try it then email me at normis-lvl@inbox.lv email I will send you the address where you can register to start earning. Register for your account right away will have 5 dollars - minimum payout is $ 10.
  • haradam333haradam333 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey!

Sorry if a made my reply at the wrong place but I have to ask, can I play with an unlocked federation ship if I unlock this ship with my romulan character on the same account but with a different [fed] character? Example: My VA federation character has a free token star cruiser, is the assault cruiser will available to play with? Or is this only working with the C store ships?

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    haradam333 wrote: »
    Hey!

Sorry if a made my reply at the wrong place but I have to ask, can I play with an unlocked federation ship if I unlock this ship with my romulan character on the same account but with a different [fed] character? Example: My VA federation character has a free token star cruiser, is the assault cruiser will available to play with? Or is this only working with the C store ships?

This is the wrong place but I'll try and answer.

The tokens you receive from levelling up are character-specific. Whatever you claim on one character doesn't carry over to another.

Also specific to your case are two other things:

1) Romulans cannot claim any Federation (or KDF) ships using tokens while levelling up. All they can do are use non-T5 (read: before level 40) Fed C-Store ships, or buy the non C-Store ships with dilithium. For level 40 and above, Romulans can only use Romulan faction or purple boxed ships.

2) Nowadays we have an abundance of cheap T5 Mirror Ships available to all 3 factions, making your level 40 free ship choice pretty inconsequential. If you aren't happy with your choice, look in the exchange for a mirror ship which suits you better. In the Star Cruiser/Assault Cruiser case, the Mirror Star and Mirror Assault emulate their counterparts exactly, with only a ship model and crew amount change. For the KDF and Republic, layouts change slightly on mirror versions.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • haradam333haradam333 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is the wrong place but I'll try and answer.

The tokens you receive from levelling up are character-specific. Whatever you claim on one character doesn't carry over to another.

Also specific to your case are two other things:

1) Romulans cannot claim any Federation (or KDF) ships using tokens while levelling up. All they can do are use non-T5 (read: before level 40) Fed C-Store ships, or buy the non C-Store ships with dilithium. For level 40 and above, Romulans can only use Romulan faction or purple boxed ships.

2) Nowadays we have an abundance of cheap T5 Mirror Ships available to all 3 factions, making your level 40 free ship choice pretty inconsequential. If you aren't happy with your choice, look in the exchange for a mirror ship which suits you better. In the Star Cruiser/Assault Cruiser case, the Mirror Star and Mirror Assault emulate their counterparts exactly, with only a ship model and crew amount change. For the KDF and Republic, layouts change slightly on mirror versions.

Thanks for the fast answer and for this mirror solution :) And once again sorry for the wrong place for the post :)

Sorry again for the w
This discussion has been closed.