test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Avenger is Pure Awesomeness Thread!!

12346»

Comments

• veritech05veritech05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's butt ugly. What the hell is wrong with saying that? Why bother designing ships at all if it doesn't matter? Let's all fly cubes! Sheesh.

Anyway, the Avenger skin is interesting, and more importantly, it's fun to fly. Pretty flexible too. All that forward fire power with a good hull is great.

Kind of surprised you can't change the color though.

"Ugly", like "Beauty", is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Avenger is the best looking ship to come along in some time. On the other hand I've ALWAYS thought the Galaxy class was a horrendous looking ship. Looks like someone took it out of the oven before it was finished baking. It's a living example of what you get when a ship is designed by artists instead of engineers. I don't wanna fly "art"... I wanna fly a ship that LOOKS engineered! :cool:
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited October 2013

You went with the swept up pylons, I see. I got a fleet version and did the same. It's actually a nice looking ship once you get used to her. Now the Dervish, on the other hand...:eek:

:P
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fleet version user here, My Tac officer finally has a home.. My Eng keeps her tactical Oddy because that tank is exactly that..
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You know, with the horizontal nacelle configuration the Avenger reminds me somewhat of the Old Starfleet Command Dreadnought Class Vessel...
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    legetdumar wrote: »
    Now the Dervish, on the other hand...:eek:

:P

Yeah, just about any ship looks good compared to the 'Two hot dogs on a hamburger bun'-class...

*Wanders off muttering 'And people think the Yeager looks ugly?'*
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I leveled up an alt(tac) to level 50 to get the Avenger. I purchased the Fleet version. I love it! Took it to starbase 234 and beat the starbase. This is on an alt with no rep gear, just regular gear. Not sure of the Cruiser Commands. I used the weapon one and it knocked down my power, says it will do so on the tool tip but im not sure of the benefits.

I fly it just like my FACR on my main engineer(no rep gear either). My requirements of a new ship are that when I shoot things, damage floaters are showing the correct amount, things die quickly. I survive. No parser needed.(pve mind you)

The avenger does this very well! I can only imagine what it can do with the right rep gear and captain.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    After messing around with my Avenger for several days now, yeah I have to say this ship is pure awesomeness. It's everything I needed to reboot my eng alt. Obviously I don't do the damage that tacs can in it, but I'm very happy with it's performance.

However, there is one and only one thing that I need on this ship to make it absolutely perfect. And that one thing is a deflector that has the visual of a red light that goes from left to right and back again. Why you ask? Because when I put the Avenger material on it the first thing that came to my mind was KITT from Knight Rider. With the shape of the deflector dish, all it needs is that iconic red light to make it perfect. Cryptic, give this to me so I can have my very own KITTvenger.

Make it so!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter