test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Our Special Crystalline Entity Event is Live! [Now Ended]

Comments

• sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My hopes and aspirations for STO are that today's Patch corrects the bugs introduced with Tuesday's Patch. with an average of 8-10 disconnects per hour, it's been taking 2-3 hrs to get 6 characters through the 'event'. Miraculously, my main char was not disconnected during the event and even made 1st place!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • atdaxrufioatdaxrufio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got two shards from 20+ elite games. Looks like a waste of time as I won't be leveling up by 10/21.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    atdaxrufio wrote: »
    I got two shards from 20+ elite games. Looks like a waste of time as I won't be leveling up by 10/21.

You can only earn 1 shard every 20 hours, as mentioned in the blog linked in the first post. It's not a random drop, just complete the Elite or Normal mission and earn it (as long as you have not earned one in the past 20 hours on that character).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • annexstoannexsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    BONUS! Once the new, main reputation project is complete, a brand-new bonus 1-Shard project will become available to slot. Completing this will earn players 2,000 Dilithium Ore, 50 Fleet Marks and 35 Marks of their choice (Fleet, Omega, Romulan or Nukara).

I didnt get this project on my Klingon (works fine on my romulan though). Its letting me start the whole 14 project all over again. The first 14 I completed yesterday just fine
    edited October 2013
    annexsto2 wrote: »
    I didnt get this project on my Klingon (works fine on my romulan though). Its letting me start the whole 14 project all over again. The first 14 I completed yesterday just fine

"Once the new, main reputation project is complete" is the key :) You completed the old project, and don't have access to the bonus until the "the new, main reputation project is complete".

While you won't be able to get 14 more shards before the event ends in 11-ish days, you'll be able to start it, and then complete it if we run the event in the future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited October 2013
    "Once the new, main reputation project is complete" is the key :) You completed the old project, and don't have access to the bonus until the "the new, main reputation project is complete".

While you won't be able to get 14 more shards before the event ends in 11-ish days, you'll be able to start it, and then complete it if we run the event in the future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How did I start the old project? This character was made in late july this year, and ive never seen the previous iteration of this event. I had no previous event started/queued, I got the crystalline event just like everyone else.
    edited October 2013
    How did I start the old project? This character was made in late july this year, and ive never seen the previous iteration of this event. I had no previous event started/queued, I got the crystalline event just like everyone else.

If you slotted a Crystalline Entity reputation project on your new character from anytime after they were made in July until before maintenance on 9/26, you slotted the old project (it was still available to slot, even though you could not collect shards to input). Now that you've completed it (you would have received 50K Dilithium Ore, 1K Fleet Marks and the Crystal Shard pet), you have access to the new 14-day project that rewards 50K Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 pick-a-mark Box and the special Duty Officer upon completion.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • morpheous7morpheous7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have the same problems as annexsto2. Completed CE the project. Got the old rewards. (50K Dilithium Ore, 1K Fleet Marks and the Crystal Shard pet). But NO I hadn't slotted the old project. Projects were empty before I started.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hi Brandon. I asked this in the thread regarding the graphics cards issue last night as I noted we have 10-11 days left in this event and due to both the issue with the Graphics Overload and then the crashing cards...I only got my first shard yesterday. Is anything going to be done to help those like me out? An extension on the event would be welcome but can understand if not (maybe something else can be done to help if not an extension?)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • killgore3232killgore3232 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you slotted a Crystalline Entity reputation project on your new character from anytime after they were made in July until before maintenance on 9/26, you slotted the old project (it was still available to slot, even though you could not collect shards to input). Now that you've completed it (you would have received 50K Dilithium Ore, 1K Fleet Marks and the Crystal Shard pet), you have access to the new 14-day project that rewards 50K Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 pick-a-mark Box and the special Duty Officer upon completion.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I had the same issue with all 3 of my characters this morning. I know that I had the new project slotted, because I got the 50K dilithium and the special duty officer. On all 3 characters, I now only have the option to restart the 14 shard event. I would like to do a few of the one shard events before the end of the event. Is it possible for one of the devs to look into the issue?
    edited October 2013
    That's funny.

My Starfleet Klingon Captain's Crew is 10% Romulan, 17% Cardassian, 10% Suliban, 2% Tholian and 1% Jem'Hadar. The only comlpaint i have is that he is the only Klingon on the entire ship.

I'm certainly not going to whine about it.

As this is effectively an Ultra Rare doff i don't see a problem with it being a single character from one given race but on the other hand, there was an academy event that gave FED players an Exo-Comp and KDF a Reman. Doing something like that would be more interesting.

I would suggest that role-playing anti-alien bigotry be confined to a Romulans Only RP thread. Doing so here is very unlikely to sway the opinions of the Dev teams. It is however opening the door for backlash, retaliation by offended parties and even the creation of enemies.

A reasonable argument as i have made is far more likely to be well received and perhaps even considered.

I just had an idea!

Instead of One Character for all factions, why not Three Characters (Choose One) for Any faction. So regardless of what faction your Captain is, you can choose Human/Romulan/Klingon for your doff?

Qapla! Jolan Tru! Live Long and Prosper!
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok so how about this problem during the course of the event I have had to run my main toon twice a day and why you ask??? Becouse the first time in c.e I didn't get the shard or any reward and no I was not on cooldown. So I would have to wait 30 min to rerun it then get the reward. And yes I have submitted a few tickets on this and as always have heard no response.

Im done with the event and only running it for the extra reward and yes this problem still exists along with the lag and server disconnects oh and who can forget the times you load into an stf map then get pulled right out and get hit with the penalty When you were forced out.

And like I stated above all these issues have been reported and never once have I gotten a response. But hey I understand these are not a major problem in game
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I had the same issue with all 3 of my characters this morning. I know that I had the new project slotted, because I got the 50K dilithium and the special duty officer. On all 3 characters, I now only have the option to restart the 14 shard event. I would like to do a few of the one shard events before the end of the event. Is it possible for one of the devs to look into the issue?

Actually i had this happen also on a couple toons that completed CE last night. After completing the 14 shard project...it gives you the items but seems to get stuck...not sure if it was just a graphic glitch or a more dire problem.

What happened was the only project to slot was the "14 day event", but the strange part was it was showing up as needing only ONE shard to complete it instead of needing 14. Since i knew i had completed on those toons, i took the risk to stop the project, then just hit the restart project button, it cleared up the window and was able to then do the 1 shard a day mission.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    morpheous7 wrote: »
    Have the same problems as annexsto2. Completed CE the project. Got the old rewards. (50K Dilithium Ore, 1K Fleet Marks and the Crystal Shard pet). But NO I hadn't slotted the old project. Projects were empty before I started.

Ah! This explains the issue I had on my main. It got the above rewards, but not the displayed ones.

And yes, I slotted that Event back when I created the character just after LoR was released.

The other toons that I have completed the project on have gotten the appropriate (current) rewards.
  • killgore3232killgore3232 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    Actually i had this happen also on a couple toons that completed CE last night. After completing the 14 shard project...it gives you the items but seems to get stuck...not sure if it was just a graphic glitch or a more dire problem.

What happened was the only project to slot was the "14 day event", but the strange part was it was showing up as needing only ONE shard to complete it instead of needing 14. Since i knew i had completed on those toons, i took the risk to stop the project, then just hit the restart project button, it cleared up the window and was able to then do the 1 shard a day mission.

I'll try this when I get home this afternoon. Won't be able to get another shard until tomorrow,but I see if slotting then canceling the event gives me the right single shard event.
  • daelosprimedaelosprime Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since the 10/11/2013 patch the server is unresponsive and I can't log in/load the game. Will this get fixed so I can get all the crystal shards I'm after?
  • captjameskirk1captjameskirk1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I never slotted a CE event on my Romulan toon and yet when I was able to complete the CE event it gave me the old reward. Not the new one. I had not slotted the old event, I only slotted the new event with the purple doff. That was what was displayed the whole time. I had not slotted the old one on 2 of my fed toons and they worked correctly. Even my Klingon had only the new CE event and it worked just fine. Only the romulan was corrupt. Is there going to be any help at all with this? Or am I just S.O.L. Because it let me re-slot the new event even though that's what I had origionally done.

I even posted a ticket because there isn't a chance to finish it before the end of the event.

Ticket # 2,041,946
  • cmedeircmedeir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same thing happened to me. I picked up the old reward only. Any chance this is another bug? Not a huge deal but still....
  • asbnatiasbnati Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ditto here for the old reward. I tried for the daily CE reward but now it just has the new 14 day CE event. Please fix to allow the daily reward for the Capt's that complete the old CE event.
    edited October 2013
    ====WTF ALERT====
    lter wrote: »
    Is quite easy, but I understand some people may find it difficult, this game doesnt exactly have a good learning curve precisely...
    ====WTF ALERT====

Are you not listening? Learning curve is not the issue, it's broken spamming that is the issue. Of my 6 chars doing the event i ran them on Elite tonight. 5 didn't have too much difficulty, no major problems aside from a few (very annoying) disconnects. On my 5th char i had to quit after 2 others did because no headway could be made! It was nonstop Crystal Spamming. Starting a fresh session heped but almost turned into a repeat performance, at which point i dove in to hammer away at the Entity as nonstop as i could muster and when my team began to follow suit we managed to whittle it down fast enough for a kill. Stiill took too long.

My Sixth char was hampered by Many disconnects! Lag was all too frequently the worst enemy to beat! It was doing me more harm than all the Mirror Invasion TRIBBLE combined!!! Such as it being wily-nily as to whether or not the Rifts are targetable and/or destructable.
    ====WTF ALERT====
    4073703.jpg

• kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, newer Romulan toon, just finished CE event on her and I get old rewards for the new CE project...

Ok thats a wtf moment...

I wouldn't have much of an issue with this however it wants me to queue the project over again and its not giving me the option of the 1 Shard event and I didn't get my Doff, this I have a big issue with. Relogging, has done nothing, all my other toons new and old have had the project finish normally and have access to the new 1 Shard project and got the Doff. Their a work around for this or have I stumbled on a bug here cause it sure as hell feels like it. :(
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • hawk1ehawk1e Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    Ok, newer Romulan toon, just finished CE event on her and I get old rewards for the new CE project...

Ok thats a wtf moment...

I wouldn't have much of an issue with this however it wants me to queue the project over again and its not giving me the option of the 1 Shard event and I didn't get my Doff, this I have a big issue with. Relogging, has done nothing, all my other toons new and old have had the project finish normally and have access to the new 1 Shard project and got the Doff. Their a work around for this or have I stumbled on a bug here cause it sure as hell feels like it. :(

Yeah I had the same issue this morning. Finished the event on my fed rommie, got the correct rewards, changed toons to my kdf, finished the event and got the old rewards. Absolutely bizarre.
  • ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jessiecolt wrote: »
    Ah! This explains the issue I had on my main. It got the above rewards, but not the displayed ones.

And yes, I slotted that Event back when I created the character just after LoR was released.

The other toons that I have completed the project on have gotten the appropriate (current) rewards.

I had this happen to one character who had the old event slotted, but today, it happened on another character that slotted the new one.

Please fix this.

Or at least extend the event so I can fill in the new one.
  • hellbringer2012hellbringer2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes - Please fix this - I got the old rewards from the Shard event...

:-/
  • vgacevgace Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same thing happened to me. I got the old rewards and not the Very Rare Doff. And now I cannot queue up the daily shard event. I can queue up the 14 day event again, but not the daily. Now I can do everything fine with my older toons, but not my new rommy that was created with Season 7. This is very weird.
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm wondering if the Devs are paying enough attention to realize that theirs a big issue here, a lot of us are going to miss out on the Doff and on 1 Shard project because of some kind of glitch. I mean is their some kind of fix incoming or what, I feel kinda like the lot of us affected by this problem are getting the shaft.
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • supherissupheris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So is anything going to be done with this?

I received only Dil and fleet marks from this event. NO Doff & NO marks package. I just queued the project after I had all 14 shards but it still did not give me the rewards promised on one of my toons but worked fine on my others??? WTH is going on here!?
    edited October 2013
    supheris wrote: »
    So is anything going to be done with this?

I received only Dil and fleet marks from this event. NO Doff & NO marks package. I just queued the project after I had all 14 shards but it still did not give me the rewards promised on one of my toons but worked fine on my others??? WTH is going on here!?

Doubtful. When I reported the issue (2-3 pages ago in this thread) I was told its my fault as I picked the wrong project, even though there was only one 14 shard project to chose from. It seems some of us got the old/wrong 14 project, and hence why after completing it we then get the new 14 shard project.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Doubtful. When I reported the issue (2-3 pages ago in this thread) I was told its my fault as I picked the wrong project, even though there was only one 14 shard project to chose from. It seems some of us got the old/wrong 14 project, and hence why after completing it we then get the new 14 shard project.

I hope they do a patch and extend the event. I got caught both in the graphic's overload and graphics card crash bug and only been able to finally start getting shards but only got long enough to get 11 at the most (and I missed yesterday).
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • hy3rfir3hy3rfir3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I vote to extend it! :D
This discussion has been closed.