malaksilvermalaksilver Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    its about once every 20 hours
    http://www.thefortunebooks.com/ -check it out its awesome
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pilotab1 wrote: »
    What time does the shard bonus reset. I know it's once a day I just wasn't sure if it was at the same time everyday or if it was 24 hours from when you got your last one. Just curious.

It's 20 hours from when you last played it. So, if you played it at 8 PM the first day, it'll be ready at 4 PM the next day
  • Options
    revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just hope Cryptic adds the same sort of punishment for leaving this PVE as the STFs. How are you supposed to complete it when people bail? Looking forward to the fix after the event has finished, as usual.

Noticed the CE is getting closer to the planet. Ground event next time? Either you get blinded too close to the planet, smoked out by Tykens, or sensor interference.. sweet.

why should someone stick around when everyone has flown off attacking mirror ships letting the CE heal again.

ignore the ships people just nuke same as every encounter in the game nuke job done
  • Options
    revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic's design philosophy: MOAR ENEMEHS! That's challenging, right guys!?

less bad guys, more harder to kill bad guys pls
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    revyremi wrote: »
    why should someone stick around when everyone has flown off attacking mirror ships letting the CE heal again.

ignore the ships people just nuke same as every encounter in the game nuke job done

Sorry was being sarcastic. Was doing elite and the CE was under 20% when all the MU ships suddenly appeared. Got there in the end.

There is no consistency.. same with everything else in the game. One minute Cure space is working next it isn't.. and you get punished. Fixed how many months ago and now back in. When is the fix coming for that..
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So the new mirror invaded CE: if you can divide them you can win by focus fire on CE if the terrans decide not to be easily pulled apart from crystal it is 100% impossible since they infinite.. I know because my cruiser tanked and wrecked probably 80+ in a row and never thinned their numbers.... Any tips on better separating of threats?
  • Options
    cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That link is 404 file not found. :D

Is not. Retry.
    pTTNy7x.png
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    reduce numbers by 95% and put in much tougher than usual opponents until you learn to code properly and quit lagging me out with only about 40 ships on the screen at once.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Finished an Elite run that had mirror ships crawling all over the map from the beginning.

Key to success was creating a mirror free path to the entity and then grabbing aggro from dns CE fast.
    Everyone else was busy engaging mirror ships willy-nilly, so the entity actually took the bait and followed me to clear space. A few other ships noticed and also attacked.
    They pulled a few mirror ships over as well, but those were destroyed easy eventually.
    It got to the point were the entity was getting very tough and I couldnt stay near it for more than a few seconds.
    There didn't seem to be a science ship anywhere in sight, so I gave my science officer a field training in tachyon beam by a roster candidate.
    That turned the tide.
    CE damage slowly became manageble again.
    Unfortunately a new wave of mirror ships had spawned on top of us, but we managed to trigger the second shockwaves soon after that destroyed most of them.

At that point the remaining players noticed we were actually winning and gave it a final push to defeat the thing.

It was an intense but ultimately satisfying battle.
    It felt like a genuine challenge.

I made second place, which was admittedly a bit disappointing, as I felt I was the One doing all the key strategy decisions and controlling actions of the battle, but had a good time nonetheless.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you already have the old project slotted, you may complete it and get the Vanity Pet as a reward. It's up to you.

However, you will not be able to slot the "Bonus" project until the new 14-shard project is completed (the one that rewards a Doff).

not strictly true, I had the vanity pet project slotted and was able to slot the new doff reward project on the space underneath, sadly I will not be able to complete both with only 21 shards so once crunch time comes and both projects have 7 each I will have to choose what one to finish this time around and hope the in the future another 21 day CE shard event will come up with another prize and I can finish it then.
    or you could be realy realy nice and extend the current event to 28 days please, please, pretty please. :)

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've done this twice now and in both PUGs we all pretty much ignored the MU ships and concentrated on the Entity and it works fairly well. I'm a Sci with Tachyon Beam and Tyken's Rift III (and of course all the other debuffs), I don't know if that makes any difference. I think there were other Sci ships the times I did it too.

If you don't deliberately aggro them, the MU ships just plink away at people randomly. Sometimes you might be unlucky and get popped, but I think that likelihood is far higher if you start deliberately aggroing the MU ships and drag the event out.

Amusingly, in one event, after the CE had blown, everyone got their revenge on the MU ships for a few minutes :D
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    not strictly true, I had the vanity pet project slotted and was able to slot the new doff reward project on the space underneath, sadly I will not be able to complete both with only 21 shards so once crunch time comes and both projects have 7 each I will have to choose what one to finish this time around and hope the in the future another 21 day CE shard event will come up with another prize and I can finish it then.
    or you could be realy realy nice and extend the current event to 28 days please, please, pretty please. :)

Try to get as far as possible, they talk about possibly extending the event because of the bugged mirror ships.
    Even if you don't get it this time, you might next time with very little effort.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xiaoping88 View Post
    Ah, no Romulan doff? Would it have been hard to make a Romulan picture or copy one? I don't want humans on my ship.
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I wandering about that too, guess the KDF also get the human. It's so freeking rare there's only one kind- human.
    :P

I am a firm believer in the Vulcan idic - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.
    therefore I have many races on all my toons ships, there is the leeta hologram on each plus the Hearts and Minds hologram plus every now and then there is a doff mission that rewards a fed doff to my kdf or a kdf doff to my fed.

• Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Jesus christ, what the hell is with all the mirror ships. I am getting killed within 30s of spawning, I cant do anything.

I am dying quicker than the countdown for the damn respawn.

btw, I am trying to do it on normal NOT elite.

Since when can the entity keep 2 shotting people.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Jesus, why did I even bother starting this up again. CE event was not like this last year, last year I hardly ever died and now im hardly ever alive. What the hell.

LOL Systems damage, on normal -_-
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    Jesus christ, what the hell is with all the mirror ships. I am getting killed within 30s of spawning, I cant do anything.

I am dying quicker than the countdown for the damn respawn.

btw, I am trying to do it on normal NOT elite.

Since when can the entity keep 2 shotting people.

Because the small crystals go back to it and give it more power and they stack i have seen it once where it was at 150 re-crystalized.
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Crystalline Entity deals 53966 (142511) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach."

Just to point out the obvious here, but the CE doesn't have a warp core.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I wandering about that too, guess the KDF also get the human. It's so freeking rare there's only one kind- human.
    :P

Of course! We are one big, happy fleet!

---
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2013

They might extend the event - if they don't, it can be painful and admittedly not everyone can work their schedule around it, but if you strictly adhere to the 20 hours - instead of waiting for 24 hours - you might be able to gain that one last shard.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They might extend the event - if they don't, it can be painful and admittedly not everyone can work their schedule around it, but if you strictly adhere to the 20 hours - instead of waiting for 24 hours - you might be able to gain that one last shard.

They didn't extend the marks event they had even when they admitted there was a issue and they said the patch would be installed in time so me and many others who were looking to grind as many nukara, romulan or omega marks were left high and dry so I will say don't hold your breath in getting any extensions.

On a happier note I am pleased that they have decided to make CE a bit more challenging but sick of the so called people in the mission saying taking out the spam first seriously if i did that I would never get anything done. forget the limbs and go straight for the heart and no I am never one of the top 3 but that doesnt stop me from trying.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains!

As I mentioned here, we were looking into the possibility of extending the end-date for the event. Great news! We'll be extending the end-date by four days (Monday, October 21, 2013, around 10AM PDT).

Thanks for your patience as we worked to get the changes implemented yesterday and we hope you're enjoying "Crystalline Cataclsym"! We'll see you in the queues!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains!

As I mentioned here, we were looking into the possibility of extending the end-date for the event. Great news! We'll be extending the end-date by four days (Monday, October 21, 2013, around 10AM PDT).

Thanks for your patience as we worked to get the changes implemented yesterday and we hope you're enjoying "Crystalline Cataclsym"! We'll see you in the queues!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Top news, thanx Bran.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Wow proved me wrong. Why didn't you do this to the mark event it would have helped avoid the backlash in the forums that time
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013

yes, thanks for the tip though I did know this and now with the extra 4 days IF i could play every 20 hrs i could most likely get the extra 7 i need but unfortunately due to having a life outside sto i cannot play whenever i want and more then that a wife who would not like me playing sto in the middle of the night that that is not an option.

still i will be able to grab the extra 4 so next time round i will only need three to finish and i am grateful for that.

just 3 days short if only they would extend it by 3 more days.....

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey, quick questions:

If you get defeated during the battle, do you lose your right to a crystal shard? I didn't get one this morning...

Also, I am noticing a cooldown of only about 30 minutes... can we play this thing every 30 minutes?

Thanks!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Hey, quick questions:

If you get defeated during the battle, do you lose your right to a crystal shard? I didn't get one this morning...

Also, I am noticing a cooldown of only about 30 minutes... can we play this thing every 30 minutes?

Thanks!

Getting defeated doesn't affect your Shard grant. You get one every 20 hours per character that successfully completes the mission (Entity destroyed).

The mission only has a cooldown of 30 minutes, so you can rerun it for Marks, but Shards are once every 20 hours after you complete.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ah yes... Thank you for the clarification! :-)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I only received a 150 mark box for completing the event instead of 250, how do I get the missing 100?:mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nevawinna wrote: »
    I only received a 150 mark box for completing the event instead of 250, how do I get the missing 100?:mad:

Is it possible you completed the project before yesterday's patch and actually received 100, and were missing 150? If so, please read this as we resolved the issue and were able to get affected characters their missing marks (which is probably why you have the 150-mark box): http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=869851&page=2

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.