Just got DC'd.

Comments

• conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    Seems to have just imploded :|
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    according to their twittard theres a ddos
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Also got disconnected and Arc News is down.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • silentawesilentawe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah. It is acting like it did during previous DDoS's.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Any ideas how long it'll take Cryptic to get their TRIBBLE together?
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Even forum is taking forever to load
    IInLzhi.gif
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I was wondering why the site was down.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Well, that explains why the Cardassians weren't my biggest problem in the Badlands... and why I kept getting SNR'd out of a promotion...

UGH. I really hope this whole mess can be dealt with so it doesn't impact the Anniversary Giveaway that starts Tuesday...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I hope so too. I was only in a deep space encounter trying out a new setup, so nothing important.

I really hope whoever is doing this is stopped and doesn't do it during the event. I want that ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    whats a ddos?
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    anyone else got a message on arc saying their email hasn't been verified?
  • athena62056athena62056 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    figures. I had tried 3 times to do a mission and it was constant rubberbanding and snr, now the launcher wont even load
    yeah I did but when I rebooted and reset everything it went away
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    whats a ddos?

It's like opening the doors of a store on Black Fridays, only these are fake 'server requests' that flood the server; bringing it down so no one can get through. Eventually crashing the server.
    giphy.gif
  • bpeachee#6840 bpeachee Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I got an e-mail verification alert too.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Not again
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      now even the patch server is down
    • mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
      :( of course the server goes down the one hour I get to play a day. May the buggers who use these attacks be struck down with lightning.
    • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
      whats a ddos?

Some jerk is baraging the server to cause it to crash. I understand he does this to Neverwinter nights too.

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
      Joy! It's bad enough that there are issues with maps loading, the game crashing, and so on, but now this, AGAIN?! Grrrr!
    • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
      I wish I could blame Cryptic for this but I can't. Is no more Cryptic's fault than it is the fault of the victims of a mass shooting that the mass shooting occurred. Cryptic is every bit as much a victim here as we are. They are losing a lot more than you and I are too, they are losing real world money while this is happening, and a lot of it too. They are getting attacked and so are we, so if you are going to be angry, be angry at the correct target, the people committing this act. Take what little comfort there is in knowing that Cryptic is hard at work in resolving this as soon as possible, they need to let us in to game and spend our money more than we need to log in to spend our money.
    • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
      Reboot/reset does not work here. Ping test now shows 50% to 80% packet loss on last 4 hops into server. Been having issues since last patch/server update. Glad I cancelled my subscription lst month. Hate wasting money. (sigh) Saved the last pingplotter test, looks like another week of waiting to log in.
    • bpeachee#6840 bpeachee Member Posts: 26 Arc User
      Server just came up.
    • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
      If its the same guy he only attacks Neverwinter. Since Neverwinter and STO are on the same server. He knocks out both.
      fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
      @ren_larreck
    • kneedangler#7392 kneedangler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      :'( i have already verified my acct and why is it taking so long to load, i got kicked like 3 times
    • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
      Noting on email but unable to log into the launcher.
      Positive thoughts.
      NeAC.gif
    • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
      whats a ddos?

Literally - 'Digital Denial of Service', like others have said, it's using programs and bots to overload a website's servers and prevent it from working properly or even crashing it.

Metaphorically - proof that someone's parents should have taught them better respect for others instead of letting them pitch temper-tantrums like a two-year-old whose teddy's well and truely out of the pram...
      "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
      ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    • xanchaxancha Member Posts: 65 Arc User
      Yea Champions Online is that way as well
    • mithrethormithrethor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      Thought I was going to get a promotion tonight... oh, well. Maybe next week.
      Mithrin/Mithrethor
    • quantumfearquantumfear Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited January 2016
      whats a ddos?

"distributed denial of service" attack - someone kept "hammering" at the server until it curled up and died