Install Arc
Options

Our Special Crystalline Entity Event is Live! [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    loganus1701loganus1701 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    goku5030 wrote: »
    All hands to battle stations brace for impact against 2 million ships....

Hey Goku, try this link ;-) It's my entry for your contest idea - http://jimlogan1701.deviantart.com/art/Crystaline-Overkill-403147808?ga_submit_new=10%253A1380234302
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hm... well the CC is fun, love the grav wells, the tykens, the elachi consoles, the nebula effect... OMFG IT'S THE TERRAN EMPIRE!!!

In a 30 second period, it went from 3 MU ships to 60 MU ships. After another 30 seconds there were around 200. It got to the point where my computer froze, and when it finally started going again, there were at least 250 maybe even 300 of those things.

What. The. ****.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't know who the hell was the one who thought the changes to the CE was FUN? But right now I honestly think that person needs slapped on the side of the head!

Who thinks that MORE SPAM = FUN?

Not only do we have to battle though a literal hundred Terran ships to get to the CE, but we also have to combat against NEWBS who don't know how to do anything and MOOCHERS who just SIT THERE at the SPAWN POINT AND NOT DO ANYTHING! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm not joking, it took me 4 minutes to go from logging in into STO To getting a migrane so powerful that it actually made me dizzy!
    hfmudd wrote: »
    Can we get, if not a timetable for fixing the issue, at least an acknowledgement that impenetrable rift/Mirror Universe ship spam is a bug and not Working As Intended?

it can easily be done without killing the mirrior ships and is a fun and challenging new event. Thank you devs for a glorious new event that brought life back to the game for me :D
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    it can easily be done without killing the mirrior ships and is a fun and challenging new event. Thank you devs for a glorious new event that brought life back to the game for me :D

And when you have hundreds upon hundreds of ships that literally block the CE, and you cannot get close to it without a couple hundred sets of phasers aimed directly at you? This is not a challenge...this is bugged. Why else would not every run have this "feature" present"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    And when you have hundreds upon hundreds of ships that literally block the CE, and you cannot get close to it without a couple hundred sets of phasers aimed directly at you? This is not a challenge...this is bugged. Why else would not every run have this "feature" present"

There's 2 types. Massive tykens rift or massive mu spawns.

My advice, learn to cut through them and pull the entity away from their spawn or go to normal
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is quite easy, but I understand some people may find it difficult, this game doesnt exactly have a good learning curve precisely...
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited September 2013
    Hm... well the CC is fun, love the grav wells, the tykens, the elachi consoles, the nebula effect... OMFG IT'S THE TERRAN EMPIRE!!!

In a 30 second period, it went from 3 MU ships to 60 MU ships. After another 30 seconds there were around 200. It got to the point where my computer froze, and when it finally started going again, there were at least 250 maybe even 300 of those things.

What. The. ****.

300 ships should be an easy breeze for the PvP elites - you going all care bear?:P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dahminus wrote: »

My advice, learn to cut through them and pull the entity away from their spawn or go to normal

Exactly me i just go through without attacking and hit the crystal to get to the next stage end of the MU's
    (STO)

(PC version NW)
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    just got disconnected while in this mission and it took 3 tries to get back in and then it said "error team already full " , not going to try it again due to the lag etc :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tl;dr

lolhard, i quit

wuss

i did it on five different toons, one of which was a bop, A fricken BOP, nd i didnt even die on the bop

what the heck is your excuse?

its like people expect everything to be ss azure mission easy

christ

LOL I know right?

I did it on all four characters with no problem and one was even a sci toon in a mogai retrofit that no matching weapons, no matching space set and really bad consoles because I didn't care to fix her after she hit 50. I only died once on her and that was only because I was dumb and was 5km from the CE when it discharged all it's stored up energy.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

This *was* on normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This *was* on normal.

Could you post your build? I'll gladly give you suggestions for improving survival and dps

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hate it when the mirror fed ships are in there.... I had to attempt to tank being hit by about 20 ships--my shields were hit so much I saw a "sun" where I was.... and that was at the spawn point--so say nothing of the few probably hundred others between there and the entity.

I can last longer in a PvP than this now.

I mean.... the mirror fed ships have up to 400K hull (some I've checked have 400K, others about 50K)... so you have to deal 500,000 to 4million damage just to clear one spot of mirror fed ships.... yeah.... that's "fun".
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hate it when the mirror fed ships are in there.... I had to attempt to tank being hit by about 20 ships--my shields were hit so much I saw a "sun" where I was.... and that was at the spawn point--so say nothing of the few probably hundred others between there and the entity.

I can last longer in a PvP than this now.

I mean.... the mirror fed ships have up to 400K hull (some I've checked have 400K, others about 50K)... so you have to deal 500,000 to 4million damage just to clear one spot of mirror fed ships.... yeah.... that's "fun".

what was the 50k ship ? , I wonder if it was a Miranda class ? .
    had one of those pop my 58k shields with just a few shots lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    unikon wrote: »
    Sounds like Geko got mad after that interview got torn apart and decided to program 500 Mirror ships into random CE instances.

I take offense to your signature, pray tell why these forums "suck?"

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, am I to understand that no player under level 50 is allowed to play the CE event?

Why is that? I'm at a level 42 Rear Admiral-Lower, and I can't play the CE event?

That's bull TRIBBLE!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The mirror spam doesn't always occur on normal, but when the rifts are poppin', you might as well be stoppin'.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    edited September 2013
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    The mirror spam doesn't always occur on normal, but when the rifts are poppin', you might as well be stoppin'.

that is when you draw it away from the rifts :D
    (STO)

(PC version NW)
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    badkarmaxvbadkarmaxv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see many posts about this already but just want to say. I can put up with the 1-2 shot kills from the Crystal Entity as it happens occasional on borg maps too and I can put up with it healing itself every once in awhile to make things more challenging but the plague of locusts of mirror ships just makes the dang thing unplayable. At that point you can't even get close to the crystal before being overwhelmed at least that is what I have seen. Please go back to the drawing board and tweek to make it a challenge but also fair.

Thanks.
  • Options
    lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok the event is on a 20 min cooldown for your toon. Is the Shard a random drop or on a seperate cooldown. I thought it was a reward for completing the mission as it states a successful completion of either will award you with one Shard, in addition to the normal rewards.

I have done it with five toons and only 3 got a shard.

I saw someone write in chat he thought the shard reward was only every 20Hrs? anyone know if this is true.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    lobstercat wrote: »
    Ok the event is on a 20 min cooldown for your toon. Is the Shard a random drop or on a seperate cooldown. I thought it was a reward for completing the mission as it states a successful completion of either will award you with one Shard, in addition to the normal rewards.

I have done it with five toons and only 3 got a shard.

I saw someone write in chat he thought the shard reward was only every 20Hrs? anyone know if this is true.

you get the shard for the event rep every 20 hours
    (STO)

(PC version NW)
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Could you post your build? I'll gladly give you suggestions for improving survival and dps

My build doesn't matter. One person cannot do it alone, especially not with the crippling lag. I have also been cycling through all of my toons. Only 5 of them had easy runs with no muss no fuss. Built up ship or new to 50, it doesn't matter when you're lagging to hell and back and have 300 MU ships in your path.

I so love it when elitist know-it-all's blame others' builds when events are bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    My build doesn't matter. One person cannot do it alone, especially not with the crippling lag. I have also been cycling through all of my toons. Only 5 of them had easy runs with no muss no fuss. Build ship or new to 50, it doesn't matter when you're lagging to hell and back and have 300 MU ships in your path.

i just ignore the MU ships and hit the crystal til it goes to next phase, then end of the rifts :)
    (STO)

(PC version NW)
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i just ignore the MU ships and hit the crystal til it goes to next phase, then end of the rifts :)

Glad all of your ships are so built that you can solo the event on all of your toons. Not so for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Yeah because we all know its the players fault and that there could be nothing wrong what so ever with the game *eye roll*

The event is bugged to the point of insanity. I Just ran my first one... The whole team got that static nebula effect and nobody had shields, people were popping left and right. I got away with it a little easier than others as I was in the Jem'Hadar carrier and sent my minions in.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    unikon wrote: »
    Its always been a lvl50 instance, ever since the very broken beginning.

Regardless, it takes very little time to get to 50. Especially from lvl 42.

Well the very incarnation of it back before F2P was actually a ltcmdr instance to star with.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah...woah....

Was only trying to help, no need to get all hostile. Nothing about my comment was elitist. An elitist simply say I'm great, you suck so go diaf. I simply offered help.

I did it twice without any controlled heals (only procs) and without team heals. It isn't bugged, a decent build will keep you alive.

• Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice to see the event back up and running, sad to see yet another reward that is labeled as special but that everyone can get.

I'd like to see more exclusive things in this game.
    pvp = small package
This discussion has been closed.