test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will romulans ever get cruiser commands?

Comments

• khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You get battlecloak and 5 singularity abilities.

You see, which warbird wants a gigantic comms array broadcasting its position to the ENTIRE battlefield?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    You get battlecloak and 5 singularity abilities.

You see, which warbird wants a gigantic comms array broadcasting its position to the ENTIRE battlefield?

If I'm gonna try to be tanking, I don't really want to be cloaking all the time (for lots of reasons) and the singularity ability that is the most useful to a warbird tank is quantum absorption, so maybe it would be fair if we didn't get the more defensive comm array abilities as well? Sans the one that gives a boost to resistance while also boosting aggro?

Again, not all of us Romulan captains feel the need to be stealthy all the time...
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the D'D is a pressure DPS ship btw, not a rigid tank. If youre slotting to maximize the defense youre totally missing out on its amazing beamboat capabilities. Do not use cannons on it for one thing.

You ought to be battlecloaking quite often and spamming beam specials and a2b on it to maximize firepower
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited October 2013
    the D'D is a pressure DPS ship btw, not a rigid tank. If youre slotting to maximize the defense youre totally missing out on its amazing beamboat capabilities. Do not use cannons on it for one thing.

You ought to be battlecloaking quite often and spamming beam specials and a2b on it to maximize firepower

That sounds more like a dps than a tank, and I currently fly a Ha'apax, not a D'deridex.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Look at it this way, should a Federation crusier receive singularity powers?

Of course not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
    edited October 2013

Of course not.

Bam

/thread
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If I'm gonna try to be tanking, I don't really want to be cloaking all the time (for lots of reasons) and the singularity ability that is the most useful to a warbird tank is quantum absorption, so maybe it would be fair if we didn't get the more defensive comm array abilities as well? Sans the one that gives a boost to resistance while also boosting aggro?

Again, not all of us Romulan captains feel the need to be stealthy all the time...

The Romulans have already been given the game on a silver platter with slave labor. They do not need more. And I get to quote myself to drive this point (again):

And lol at someone saying that Warbirds need improvement.

I laugh at the notion that the Warbirds need improvement. Everything about the Romulan subfaction is overpowered. Their BOFFs with BOFF traits (which stack BTW) are completely overpowered and gamebreaking. Their ships are as robust as any Fed equivalent, have better battlecloaks than even the KDF BOPs, in general are very maneuverable, have a reputation of hitting damn hard... and pay no price at all for all this power. Not lower hulls. not lower shield mods. Lower subsystem power from Singularity Cores? Yeah, sure, maybe when you're low level. But at endgame, you're not worried about drastically low Subsystem Power like you were when leveling. For being a new "faction," the Romulans already have acccess to THREE (yes, "3") ships with 5 TAC Consoles, 1 ship with 5 fwd weapons AND 5 TAC Consoles, whereas the KDF has no ship with 5 forward weapons despite being the race with an affinity for forward firepower, no 5 TAC Console ships outside of a ship that turns like molasses in winter. And the Warbirds get the superior Romulan Battle Cloak as standard.

My Reman in her Warbird has high crit chances. Combine that with her 22 seconds of +25% decloaking bonus damage, with about 12 seconds before I can reactivate cloaks. I absolutely laugh at any notion that the Warbirds need improvement.

Of all the things in this game that need to be updated in a review for improvement, the Romulans are the last thing that need it. They shouldn't even be on the list at all.

If you are having issues hitting hard or surviving with the overpowered Romulans, you have definite gameplay problems. They have so many tools offensively and defensively, to include the best stealth, that you should not be failing at any point or struggling with the Romulans. You have so much OP Powah, how the hell can you want more?

Oh, and to add more about surviving while cloaking, the Romulans have access to traits that give them defense. It is the reason why hitting cloaks while under fire isn't that bad an idea, that and having hullpoints comparable to even the tough Starfleet ships, while still retaining the best cloaking qualities, something KDF ships pay for, yet the Romulans don't. If a KDF BOP tries to cloak under fire, that is a DEAD BOP. If a Warbird tries to cloak under fire, chances are, it's getting away.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    From what I am to understand, no ships of the Warbird type will get these functions. Warbirds already possess a myriad of functions in the forms of Battlecloaks, Singularity Abilities, and the capacity to arm themselves with every weapon class in the game.
    In light of that, Warbirds may not ever receive the Cruiser Command capability for simple balance reasons.

^^^^ This.....is the only reason they will never get it...that would be like giving them everything in the game...never happen
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Of course not.

well they dont use singularity cores so that nips that in the bud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2013

Of course not.

...could we at least get that ability that increases aggro generation? Just that one? Maybe tie it into our singularity powers somehow, instead?

I think that's honestly the only one I really care about.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Exactly, aside from the Scimitar and hangar pets you can't really kill anything while cloaked so the battle cloak is just an efficient disappearing act. You can't effectively heal while cloaked so people complaining about the battle cloak is lame. Singularity powers are fun to use, but to use them you have to pay for it by losing even more subsystem power than the already -40 for not having a M/AM warp core. So what do romulan's really get that is even special is some meager extra crit and damage boost do to Boff's stacking (not sure but I believe human Boff's can stack leadership, but not sure), extra turn rate while cloaked (lord knows some of the ship's really need it), and the choice to use any weapon do to ship's being a warbird. But I will look forward to those ship's that get this pass to boost me up while I sit in their AOE while flying my warbird!!! :D
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited October 2013
    so the battle cloak is just an efficient disappearing act.

The disappearing act is actually the second most important role of the battle cloak

Do you know what the most important role of the battle cloak is? And the reason you should always be cycling it as often as possible?

Ill give you a hint - Watch your buff bar when you decloak.
    Gold.jpg
  • wrwfwrwf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We know that, at least at first, the new cruiser comm commands will not apply to any Romulan ships. is that ever going to change, though? Aside from lobi/lockbox ships, Romulans can't use the endgame ships of their allied factions. I think that is going to end up putting a severe hurt on romulan players - its already bad enough that we really dont have any science ships available.

Perhaps, though, cryptic has something else in mind? Maybe we could get a science ship and cruiser that use alternate, singularity-based versions of those abilities?

Say what romulans dont have a science ship?
    Ha'nom, if im not mistaken... is such, or am I drunk while typing this?
    edited October 2013
    ...could we at least get that ability that increases aggro generation? Just that one? Maybe tie it into our singularity powers somehow, instead?

I think that's honestly the only one I really care about.

You want an option to increase threat on vessels designed for espionage, secrecy and stealth?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    well they dont use singularity cores so that nips that in the bud

And yet we have Roms wanting more?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, start any kind of discussion about romulans around here and you're instantly met with assault and insult. You guys are a bunch of hypocritical crybabies...

This is why I suggested that something similar, but based on the singularity core, could be a feasible alternative. The point of the new cruiser commands is only partly to improve the cruiser itself - they're also to boost your team.

Take the boost to turnrate and speed command. A specific warbird (not all of them, mind you) might get an ability - for the sake of example well call it "singularity field". Singularity field, when activated, drains your singularity power to create a large inertial dampening field in space, which increases turn rate and speed for all friendly ships in the area, with the duration based on your singularity charge level.

See? Similar effect, but it cannot be used in conjunction with other singularity abilities, thus not overpowered.

Ye of limited imagination need to learn to think before responding.

no..i think you are missing the point of everyone else...rommie warbirds already have an innate ability..its the singularity abilites...i think what Cryptic plans is all ship types get a like ability...cruisers commands....rommies singularity...and sci? why just don't know yet...stay turned for more Batman episodes next week lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Exactly, aside from the Scimitar and hangar pets you can't really kill anything while cloaked so the battle cloak is just an efficient disappearing act. You can't effectively heal while cloaked so people complaining about the battle cloak is lame. Singularity powers are fun to use, but to use them you have to pay for it by losing even more subsystem power than the already -40 for not having a M/AM warp core. So what do romulan's really get that is even special is some meager extra crit and damage boost do to Boff's stacking (not sure but I believe human Boff's can stack leadership, but not sure), extra turn rate while cloaked (lord knows some of the ship's really need it), and the choice to use any weapon do to ship's being a warbird. But I will look forward to those ship's that get this pass to boost me up while I sit in their AOE while flying my warbird!!! :D

The fact that you think extra crit (and quite a substantial amount) is "meager" is indicative that you don't have a clue. Please do not embarrass yourself by even mentioning leadership in the same post as the glorious SRO as they cannot BEGIN to compare. Coming out of battle cloak = more dps, going into battle cloak = dropping aggro, moving while in battle cloak extra turn rate, decreases red alert faster to hit full impulse quicker.
    pvp = small package
    edited October 2013
    The disappearing act is actually the second most important role of the battle cloak

Do you know what the most important role of the battle cloak is? And the reason you should always be cycling it as often as possible?

Ill give you a hint - Watch your buff bar when you decloak.

Everytime Romulans fail to take advantage of their Romulan Battle Cloaks, somewhere in the galaxy, Sela is kicking an Epohh.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited October 2013
    Everytime Romulans fail to take advantage of their Romulan Battle Cloaks, somewhere in the galaxy, Sela is kicking an Epohh.

Noooo not the epohhs :((((
    pvp = small package
    edited October 2013
    You want an option to increase threat on vessels designed for espionage, secrecy and stealth?

No, I want the option to increase the threat on a massive warbird with a slow turn rate that was obviously designed, aesthetically, to scream, "Look how slow, big, and ugly I am! Shoot at me, and remove this blight from the galaxy!"

Namely the Ha'apax. I was originally including the D'deridex, too, but that can be too easily turned into a dps powerhouse, apparently...
    edited October 2013
    And yet we have Roms wanting more?

we can talk about rom being OP all day long who was the OP one before roms because they where ment to be a pvp race........... your avatar has the answer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2013
    And just LOL at Romulan players not wanting to use their Cloaks. SERIOUSLY?!? The weaving in/out of cloaks with relative safety and tremendous hitting strength is one of the major reasons of their high power.

You might as well roll regular Fed.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited October 2013
    No, I want the option to increase the threat on a massive warbird with a slow turn rate that was obviously designed, aesthetically, to scream, "Look how slow, big, and ugly I am! Shoot at me, and remove this blight from the galaxy!"

Namely the Ha'apax. I was originally including the D'deridex, too, but that can be too easily turned into a dps powerhouse, apparently...

Embassy consoles/spec for threat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    The fact that you think extra crit (and quite a substantial amount) is "meager" is indicative that you don't have a clue. Please do not embarrass yourself by even mentioning leadership in the same post as the glorious SRO as they cannot BEGIN to compare. Coming out of battle cloak = more dps, going into battle cloak = dropping aggro, moving while in battle cloak extra turn rate, decreases red alert faster to hit full impulse quicker.

You forgot to include while they are cloaked they are not healing effectively, and giving you time to recoup as well!!! And for those arguing about the roms sing abilities which gets one use per charging cycle vs new comm commands passive always on ability is weak at best. But again I will make use of your comm commands to aid in my supposed op destructive abilities!!!

edited October 2013
    Embassy consoles/spec for threat.

I am already specced for threat; that alone won't make me competitive with a Federation cruiser that has specced for threat AND turns on the threat booster.

And if I use threat consoles, I am likely trading out consoles that I use for survivability; again, a concession that a Federation cruiser with the threat booster won't have to make.
    edited October 2013
    You forgot to include while they are cloaked they are not healing effectively, and giving you time to recoup as well!!! And for those arguing about the roms sing abilities which gets one use per charging cycle vs new comm commands passive always on ability is weak at best. But again I will make use of your comm commands to aid in my supposed op destructive abilities!!!

You don't need to heal in pve.
    pvp = small package
    edited October 2013
    I am already specced for threat; that alone won't make me competitive with a Federation cruiser that has specced for threat AND turns on the threat booster.

And if I use threat consoles, I am likely trading out consoles that I use for survivability; again, a concession that a Federation cruiser with the threat booster won't have to make.

The embassy console that boosts shield healing provides threat generation with increased survivability.

You wouldn't fly a Sovereign for hit and run as well, would you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    You don't need to heal in pve.

Tell that to the ones who pop all the time or fly away from damage to heal!!!

edited October 2013

stop worrying about others its going to turn you grey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2013

Instead of telling them they don't need to heal, I'd tell them l2p so they won't need to heal.
    pvp = small package