test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will romulans ever get cruiser commands?

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am a romulan hater? Take a look at my sig, half of my level 50 toons are roms (RRW and IRW ring a bell?).

I am just a realist and know the truth about them. The "big whoop" related to shield mods and hull is those are BASE STATS that are scaled then by skill spec. That 600 extra hull is actually almost 2000 after the structural integrity mod comes into play

My FAE runs with a 48500 hull, both of my Dhelans have over 50k, and they arent anywhere near as well geared.

Tac slots are not useless, but three ensign tacticals are on a cannon ship, and Commander/Ensign tactical gives you two tac teams, two cannon specials, and an attack pattern of your choice. You dont need any more than that. So on a dhelan that just lets me run either more self heals with engineering (or even A2B for the lulz), or more science shenanigans (heals or tractors or something)

I don't know...could be and I don't pay attention to sigs...2k hull still isn't much...that's what a extra shot or two from a DHC or a crit.

I'm not saying you did or anything but I just gets sick, I'm sick of all of these people making up bold faced lies to claim that Romulan ships are better than they are.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't know...could be and I don't pay attention to sigs...2k hull still isn't much...that's what a extra shot or two from a DHC or a crit.

I'm not saying you did or anything but I just gets sick, I'm sick of all of these people making up bold faced lies to claim that Romulan ships are better than they are.

Due to the facts that I both play these characters regularly, and am a min/maxer that knows powers and builds, I can safely assure you the calls of being OP are accurate.

You may continue to assume we are all liars though, it might be more comforting that way.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I understand the OP. The basic Romulan Cruiser is rarely used though. It is too big, turns too slow (5), and many see it as ugly (like 2 Romulan ships mating). The Romulan cores are said to be equal to warp cores (debatable of course) and so the Ha'apax might deserve consideration for the cruiser commands.

The Scimitar is not a cruiser.

The D'deridex is a unique ship configuration that might be considered a partial cruiser (as some others were and will get limited commands).

The stacking CritH Boffs are not a part of Romulan ships. They may even get nerfed to not stack as the other ones already have been. If they leave them as is then Romulan ships can be measured as having more CritH. However, who really knows how this will turn out? Perhaps if they make them unstackable then Warbirds will qualify for the new Commands and Deflector?

Romulan ships are designed to be different. In the shows they were feared. In a game they need to be balanced somehow and that is an ongoing process. I understand the fear that upcoming changes could make them inferior in some ways. I am okay with that, as I did not choose a Romulan in order to become OP. Nor should longtime players (FED or KDF) get left behind with all the new toys.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes we are all lying to you about how good the romulan ships are. Instead of taking our word for it, learn to play efficiently, run a good romulan ship (dhelan and scim come to mind) and tell me that a fed or kdf can compare. Hint hint they can't. If you're not running leech on every ship you're doing it wrong.... fed/kdf/rom across the board should be running leech.
    pvp = small package
  • jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    no they don't need it, it specifically said only Fed and KDF.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jrwith wrote: »

i could see the feds but the kdf really.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey! I didn't complain about Rommies getting Singularity powers so leave my poor whale of a cruiser alone! ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here's my view; no. God my fleet d'deridex is so under powered it needs these new cruiser abilities.... wait 5 singularity powers and a battle cloak hhmmm.....
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did you know... singularity shockwave will destroy every small crystailine fragment in a 5k radius?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We don't need to out gun the Federation too much ....we already got stuff they want like battle cloak, a better looking bridge, and better tutorial.

we don't need to stoop to their level and demand every new shinny that comes out.

Let's just be glad our Klingon allies get it.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jrwith wrote: »

except some these cruiser commands seem to be trying to make engineers space tanks again, so fed and klingon eng can space tank but rommie eng cant?

they either need a singalarity ability that is similer or they need Command ? Attract Fire:
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    We don't need to out gun the Federation too much ....we already got stuff they want like battle cloak, a better looking bridge, and better tutorial.

we don't need to stoop to their level and demand every new shinny that comes out.

Let's just be glad our Klingon allies get it.

Agreed 100% ^^^^^^^
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    WTT useless singularity power and power level penalty for AM warp core and cruisers abilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It sucks don't I don't think Warbirds will ever see the perks other ships get...the smaller ones don't get the 10% top speed evasion bonus and the DD and Ha'apax wont see Cruiser commands...not even the two BC ones.

No point arguing with them, some people are under the impression that Singularity abilities and even the Cores themselves are OP. I've seen people say that Singularity cores are better than M/AM cores and I've seen someone claiming Romulans can use Singularity jump every 15 seconds...

Well you know what you can have them...I would give up my Singularity core and powers for 40 more power and a M/AM core! (I know a bit off topic most of it but I'm sick and tired of all of these people making up lies just to claim Warbirds are so more OP than they really are.)

Agreed, the sing powers are nice but no means op. And as for the battle cloak it to is meh in yes it adds some awesome hit and runs, but unless you have a Scimitar you lose all shldpwr while cloaking and can't attack while cloaked either. So even though you have the ability to turn quicker and pop in and out like a magician, you can't heal quickly or kill anything while cloaked now can you.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the extra crit chance and severity from the passives and from the ability to have more than just tac sro boffs is worth less power. leech makes up for the lack of base power levels in spades. scimitar isn't the only good romulan ship. Fleet Dhelan, Fleet Tvaro, Fleet Hafeh, Fleet Mogai are all fantastic ships. Fleet Dhelan comes close to rivaling the JHAS, arguments can be made that it is on par or even slightly better. Some people like the D'D too, god knows why that ship is terrible. The fleet arkif when it is released will probably be fantastic. Romulan ships - op in nature, come with a romulan battle cloak, have a boatload of crit, get meh singularity cores (they still have amp though so its not that much of a deal), and less power (already mentioned easily compensated by leech).

Roms in general - op. Feds and KDFs - outdated, outclassed, and obsolete.

Lol roms op, never!!! Stacking boff crit is only good when uncloaking, so unless you are cloaking every few seconds it is worthless most of the time. You do have to be uncloaked 90% of the time to shoot things, and by 90% I mean the other 10% is for the Scimitar cloaked barrage which doesn't even benefit from the bonus uncloaking damage and crit increase. Sing abilities are make shift console boff abilities that rely on sing charge for effectiveness at the cost of -40 subsystem power in general with less features aiding the core. The only huge advantage they have over fed ships is all warbirds can outfit any weapon of choice, not like the Klingons can't pretty much do the same. I see plenty of rom ships get fed their butts in pve and pvp by non-rom ships, so the matter is they are not op and the real complaint is people just don't like the fact a ship can pop in and out like some magician (oh wait the klinks have been doing this for years) just the roms can do it more often or more efficiently and now they are called op!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited October 2013
    Lol roms op, never!!! Stacking boff crit is only good when uncloaking, so unless you are cloaking every few seconds it is worthless most of the time. You do have to be uncloaked 90% of the time to shoot things, and by 90% I mean the other 10% is for the Scimitar cloaked barrage which doesn't even benefit from the bonus uncloaking damage and crit increase. Sing abilities are make shift console boff abilities that rely on sing charge for effectiveness at the cost of -40 subsystem power in general with less features aiding the core. The only huge advantage they have over fed ships is all warbirds can outfit any weapon of choice, not like the Klingons can't pretty much do the same. I see plenty of rom ships get fed their butts in pve and pvp by non-rom ships, so the matter is they are not op and the real complaint is people just don't like the fact a ship can pop in and out like some magician (oh wait the klinks have been doing this for years) just the roms can do it more often or more efficiently and now they are called op!!!

Clearly you don't have a clue how their boff stacking works. It is essentially a passive.. More passive crit. If you're using scim cloaked barrage you're doing it wrong. Singularity abilities aren't that great but are okay. I'd trade 40 power and my warp core for a captain passive trait for more crit, boffs with more crit, a romulan battle cloak on every damn ship, and semi-useful singularity abilities.

If you don't see how roms are op, then 1st you need to learn game mechanics, and 2nd you need to get your eyes checked.
    pvp = small package
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't feel I need those abilities.
    What I would like is if they get rid of the power level penalty for Warbirds.
    I hate it.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Stacking boff crit is only good when uncloaking, so unless you are cloaking every few seconds it is worthless most of the time.
    Two different traits... Subterfuge boosts the damage bonus when decloaking, while Operative boosts critical hit chance.
    edited October 2013
    Due to the facts that I both play these characters regularly, and am a min/maxer that knows powers and builds, I can safely assure you the calls of being OP are accurate.

You may continue to assume we are all liars though, it might be more comforting that way.

Okay...if people don't lie then I would like to know where I'm supposed to obtain these singularity cores that are better than m/am cores and how to pull of singularity jumps every 15 seconds?
    edited October 2013
    Okay...if people don't lie then I would like to know where I'm supposed to obtain these singularity cores that are better than m/am cores and how to pull of singularity jumps every 15 seconds?

Where in this thread (or any other thread for that matter) did he say you can do that? Romulans are op, if you can't realize that you simply don't know how to play effectively.
    pvp = small package
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You will get nothing, and like it! :cool:

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    WTT useless singularity power and power level penalty for AM warp core and cruisers abilities.

Then roll a Fed or KDF toon.

And lol at someone saying that Warbirds need improvement.
    that's why people have the attitude displayed in this thread.

Everyone, even the romulans, know the scimitar is over the top, and no self respecting Romulan player will fly one. Its the -other- warbirds we want improved.

and the other poster was right about the attitude towards singularity abilities being misinformed. There is a linked cooldown between all singularity powers, they cannot be spammed, and even maximizing your singularity charge rate doesn't change that. For that pool of abilities, many of which aren't worth using anyways, we get lower power levels and weaker core bonuses than any fed or kdf ship. Now, it would seem were also being left out of cruiser and science ship updates as well, all because of the misconception players have about singularity abilities.

Not everyone flies a scimitar, and those who dont should not be punished for it.

I laugh at the notion that the Warbirds need improvement. Everything about the Romulan subfaction is overpowered. Their BOFFs with BOFF traits (which stack BTW) are completely overpowered and gamebreaking. Their ships are as robust as any Fed equivalent, have better battlecloaks than even the KDF BOPs, in general are very maneuverable, have a reputation of hitting damn hard... and pay no price at all for all this power. Not lower hulls. not lower shield mods. Lower subsystem power from Singularity Cores? Yeah, sure, maybe when you're low level. But at endgame, you're not worried about drastically low Subsystem Power like you were when leveling. For being a new "faction," the Romulans already have acccess to THREE (yes, "3") ships with 5 TAC Consoles, 1 ship with 5 fwd weapons AND 5 TAC Consoles, whereas the KDF has no ship with 5 forward weapons despite being the race with an affinity for forward firepower, no 5 TAC Console ships outside of a ship that turns like molasses in winter. And the Warbirds get the superior Romulan Battle Cloak as standard.

My Reman in her Warbird has high crit chances. Combine that with her 22 seconds of +25% decloaking bonus damage, with about 12 seconds before I can reactivate cloaks. I absolutely laugh at any notion that the Warbirds need improvement.

Of all the things in this game that need to be updated in a review for improvement, the Romulans are the last thing that need it. They shouldn't even be on the list at all.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'll be nice.

You guys need Science warbirds. That's all that's missing. Everything else is just Green Grass Syndrome.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee scimitar doing 30k isn't enough it must be HIGHER!

Yes, 30k isn't enough... my scim will crit on its DBB's alone at 36k, and my thalaron pulse has topped 150k.

That being said, my rommie does not need these, but my fed tac and eng as well as my kdf tac will enjoy the cruiser command access once it is fully rolled out.
    edited October 2013
    tekehd wrote: »
    Yes, 30k isn't enough... my scim will crit on its DBB's alone at 36k, and my thalaron pulse has topped 150k.

That being said, my rommie does not need these, but my fed tac and eng as well as my kdf tac will enjoy the cruiser command access once it is fully rolled out.

Lol, I'm not talking about doing 30k crits, I'm talking about doing 30k overall dps.
    pvp = small package
    edited October 2013
    Where in this thread (or any other thread for that matter) did he say you can do that? Romulans are op, if you can't realize that you simply don't know how to play effectively.

The 15 second singularity jump was claimed in #46 dev blog which is directly related to this topic....I didn't say they weren't powerful...I'm simply tired of people lying and overstating how powerful they are. It's impossible to do a singularity jump every 15 seconds....
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2013
    lter wrote: »
    Also if you want to use endgame ships of non-romulan factions, roll a fed or a kdf char

It's too bad Cryptic didn't just make people follow this logic with everything else the Federation has been given. I.E., all the KDF-exclusive stuff that is now useable by the Federation.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    this game has its own variation on a class system. except in this case its a race system.

romulans:
    battlecloak on everything
    cannons on everything
    singularity powers on everything

klingons:
    cloak on most things
    universal Boff slots on raiders (do not laugh at this, you're combination options are limitless)
    less trolls in home sector (not a game feature, but hey, klinks still a work on progress)
    cruiser commands

federation:
    huge playerbase
    lots of ship optons
    carrier commands
    always the first to get new features

its simply choosing your options. this system makes sense, otherwise what is the point (from a game point of view) to even playing a different race? there needs to be ups and downs to every race. anyone claiming the romulans are getting short handed here needs to wait until this system goes live. chances are it wont even be a substantial boost in anything, and therefore wont be missed by anyone not used to using it.

only decent arguement i've seen here is this "this makes romulans unable to tank because they dont have the agro skill"

guess what, they dont need a skill to generate agro. all they need is to actually use the cannons they can equip, which will generate plenty of agro on its own. and look! no cooldown!
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Romulans need more!?!? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAHHA!

Honestly, you really think Romulans need more buffs!? They crit like no other faction and all of their ships have battle cloak except for the temporal ship. Get real.

Edit: The only ship that I conceivably see receiving a buff is the D'deridex. The turn-rate stinks and it's too much of a hybrid to be effective in any one class. FYI, I rage quit the Romulan faction b/c the D'deridex was so bad. The D'D and the scimitars should be the pillars of the fleet and instead it's the scimitar and a few escorts. So lame.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Alright, I get that the Scimitar and escort-based warbirds are OP, especially in PVP, apparently

What about those warbirds that are built more like a cruiser? Like the D'deridex (as some have actually mentioned) or the Ha'apax? They already have the slow turn rates and higher defenses of a cruiser, despite being classified as warbirds. Would it be alright if they got the new comm arrays?

I'd definitely be interested in turning my Ha'apax into a full fledged cruiser tank.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"